Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008

Reynold

May 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Babel barely gets minutes for Liverpool he's not a huge loss for the Netherlands.
:eek: Babel's speed would have been too much for Italy's defense. You're not comparing Holland to Liverpool are you? It's a completely different system.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People are underestimating Babel's importance to both Liverpool and Holland. This guy is a superstar in the making. Whoever said he barely gets time at Liverpool is quite wrong. He got major minutes in the second part of the season and was a very important part of the team. Van Persie was never going to be fit for the first game of the Euro and Babel was a certain starter for at least that match, and the first man off the bench in the next few. Now, even worse for the oranje, Robben is out too. Bad luck for the dutch. At least Italy have some injury problems as well.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
:eek: Babel's speed would have been too much for Italy's defense. You're not comparing Holland to Liverpool are you? It's a completely different system.

I'm sure he would :rolleyes: I still think the Dutch will go through ahead of France, but I don't think the loss of Cannavaro is going to hurt as much as people think it will. I don't think Materazzi will fill his spot, Juventus's Chiellini had a fantastic year and will fill in without any loss of quality.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dick Howard is just that.........a dick. Great comment when he said that the main difference in the game between the Czech Republic and Switzerland was the fact that the Czech Republic scored. That's top notch observing.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listened to adverts all week from Team 1040 claiming that Baselines pub in Surrey was showing EURO2008 games.. This is correct. However at 12 noon when the UFC came on Baseliness tapped out on the Euro, 20 mins into the "big turk" / Portugal match. They claimed they had already paid for the UFC event and had to show it.... don't know how they were planning on paying for the UFC since all of us there to watch the soccer got up and left.

The Fleetwood Broken Arms took us in, despite the lower quality eye-candy it worked out ok.

Some wickedly mean turkish tackles late....and wtf happened to the colour commentating? Left the guy out to dry for the most part.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Turks wickedly mean tackles we're obviously not wicked nor hard enough! Was waiting for someone to play physical on Ronaldo! The refs have got to start carding the dives it's just silly:mad:, still it was and entertaining game. The Euro's don't really start for me until the eventual Champions:wa: take the feild agaisnst Poland! Deutschland Uber Alles!!!!!:D

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone has to tell Forest to go easy on the foundation. He looks like the Undertaker.

Shame we cannot pick up the studio feeds from the English broadcaster. Hell, I may just tune to RAI to watch the eye candy from the presenters. Who cares what they have to say?

Why does Dick Howard have a job? Can't we find anyone better than Vic Rauter, Gerry Dobson, and Dick Howard? Forest is okay. The rest stink.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ever notice how much the crowd gets muted on TV? Is the same in Europe?

I would love to just once take in a game on TV here in Canada w/o a single announcer/colour/jackass guy saying a word and having the crowd mix turned up high. It would be amazing I bet.

Did anyone catch any of the Euro Classic games shown the last couple of weeks nightly? I caught the Portugal/Greece final the other night and got shivers listening to the Greek fans in the stands singing/chanting for long stretches... I must get to Europe one day to take this stuff in LIVE... where is Euro 2012?

Reynold

May 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Euro 2012 is Poland/Ukraine. And can we please have a commentator that knows what they're talking about. Meanwhile Scolari is a fool for choosing Nani over Quaresma.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Dobson wearing a bad hairpiece? If not his hair colouring team needs to do some work. Its usually a good idea to have the top match the sides.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone shoot Dick Howard for interrupting Forrest every time Craig makes a point?

Jeez...Rauter is a retard, and Howard has to jump in and repeat what Forrest says everytime!!! It is like that drunk annoying guy that jumps in to your conversation everytime just to echo in a repeat of what was just said really loud and then nod and smile like it was an original thought!!!

I really hate Soccer broadcasters in Canada.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone shoot Dick Howard for interrupting Forrest every time Craig makes a point?

Jeez...Rauter is a retard, and Howard has to jump in and repeat what Forrest says everytime!!! It is like that drunk annoying guy that jumps in to your conversation everytime just to echo in a repeat of what was just said really loud and then nod and smile like it was an original thought!!!

I really hate Soccer broadcasters in Canada.

I guess it's a plus then I can only see the game from my office and not hear it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0