Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 exhibition results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 - 2 Delta

Sap missing 8 guys:rolleyes:

No really, Delta did only manage to pull 11. It looked pretty preseason. Pierotti will score a lot of goals this year for Sapp. He scored in the 30th. Delta scored in the 65th and 75th (one on a bad pass back and one really nice play capped off by Harp). Garth made 2 terrific saves. He stuck a fork in the second one that was going top shelf.

JB - getting a little heavy, bud!:D

CS was in the middle. A tad slow catching the offsides - the fitness is lacking and the consecutive 20 to 20 to 20 to 20 sprints were not quick enough for the 2 teams. :rolleyes:

I'm in preseason too, WAB. I am working on my match fitness.......:( Sorry about that. I know I was sweating more than most players, so that probably isn't a good thing. :D

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey storm v N.D. sundowners, tonight at north delta high school 6pm if anyone's interested in watching to very old rivals go at it.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly JB - Someone's got to share that Haagan Das with her right?
I know about these kinds of things.
Trust me...:D

Regs:
His avatar's as blank as the shots he'll be firing after seeing Dr. Snip Snip to help his dietary habits.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 3 NK 2

A very rough game for preseason. The ref actually stopped the game to call all the Lobbans in to a tight group to give them a piece of his mind. Aside from their ultra dirty/tough play the Lobbans are a very strong side. They took NK's most dangerous player out of the game at the 15 minute mark with a good old fashioned mugging and never took their foot off the gas. The scoring went 2-0 Lobbans then 2-1 then 3-1 then 3-2. The Watcher expects Lobbans to be at the top of 1A and about about as tough a test as ther will be in Div 1. So far NK is feeling some confidence that they finish in the top four but that is only conjecture at this point. On to Westside u21 Tuesday @ 6:00pm on 33rd and Arbutus. It cannot possibly be as rough a contest as this one was. Arash was the man of the match with two goals for the Lobbans followed closely by the NK sweeper Sandro who pushed up to bag a beauty of his own.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey watcher, how did young anthony do for NK?

also, another defensive struggle between storm and sundowners last night. 6-4 sundowners. alot of preseason skills were on display. nice to see one of our big signings for the winter paid off, our new striker netting 4 goals last night. either way, always nice to play storm, good bunch of lads. good luck in 3b.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 3 NK 2

A very rough game for preseason. The ref actually stopped the game to call all the Lobbans in to a tight group to give them a piece of his mind. Aside from their ultra dirty/tough play the Lobbans are a very strong side. They took NK's most dangerous player out of the game at the 15 minute mark with a good old fashioned mugging and never took their foot off the gas. The scoring went 2-0 Lobbans then 2-1 then 3-1 then 3-2. The Watcher expects Lobbans to be at the top of 1A and about about as tough a test as ther will be in Div 1. So far NK is feeling some confidence that they finish in the top four but that is only conjecture at this point. On to Westside u21 Tuesday @ 6:00pm on 33rd and Arbutus. It cannot possibly be as rough a contest as this one was. Arash was the man of the match with two goals for the Lobbans followed closely by the NK sweeper Sandro who pushed up to bag a beauty of his own.

Lucky for us Arash is suspended in week 1 for picking up too many yellows last year :wa:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in preseason too, WAB. I am working on my match fitness.......:( Sorry about that. I know I was sweating more than most players, so that probably isn't a good thing. :D

I thought you were right up with the play but it was a little too much for the teams to expect for you to be within 10 yards of the play all night.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp vs Peg @ NAP Friday, 8 PM

Who was last year's best Div 1 team? Who cares. But we will still find out tonight.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We - Punjab Hurricanes - have a field in Surrey (Newton Turf #2) on Monday night (7pm - 9pm) and are looking for an exhibition game.

If anyone is interested pls let me know.

Thanks

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 5
ICST Peg 3

Shootout at Newton - match could have produced several more goals. Many young players out there for both teams.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 5
ICST Peg 3

Shootout at Newton - match could have produced several more goals. Many young players out there for both teams.

Some nice goals by both sides. Sapp still needs a lot of work to be ready for the season.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monty Python...brilliant HOS. Wondered for weeks what your Avatar was about and it just clicked in...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp (Master/Open Split Squad) 3 - Wickham 0
60, 65, 75

Blakeway with 2 - 1st a great diving header
Brandon Steblin with a cracker to finish it off from 20 out.

Good battle in North Van but I think Wickham just ran out of gas and player depth. They will battle for the top 5 in Div 1 this year.

Sapp is 8-2-1 in pre-season. That is a lot of games!!!!!!!!

Next up: 6th Annual Tri-Team Invitational (Open, Masters, Vcr Olympics)
Tues Night 7 PM @ Queens Park

Sapperton Masters is 2-time defending Champs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tri-Team Invitational
(45 Minute Games)

Sapp Open 1-0 Olympics (SS)
Sapp Masters 2 - 1 Olympics (SS)
Sapp Masters 1 - 0 Sapp Open

Luke Hogan with 2 beauties for Masters. The cheeky chip was something else. Best signing ever for a Masters team.

Olympics just flat out missed too many easy chances around the box in both matches.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk Hrvat (7) Westside U21 (2)

Terrible mosquitos at Quilchenna Park. The kids from Westside were almost as bothersome in first half taking a 1-1 draw to the break. NK played like they didn't want to upset the parents of the kids, who the Watcher swears were mostly 17 years old. After a mild tongue lashing at the half NK turned up the heat and bagged six more followed by a late Westside penalty tally. The poor kids were hanging their heads something fierce and their coach, who is doing a bang up job by all reports, looked shell shocked in the post game handshake. I think he seriously thought they could compete with us and the half time scoreline had him downright delusional. Goal of the night goes to the Gingerbreadman who dribbled into the right corner flag then back out to the corner of the eighteen yard box and unleashed a left footed blast, that Al Qaida would be proud of, into the far top corner side mesh. No Goalie ever would have saved it.

PS...Westside has a Brazilian kid named Fernando who is quite the little player. On to Sporting Fiji ? and the season opener.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, that left-footer was a well-placed strike, but hardly what I'd call a blast. It floated in to the top corner and could have been saved if the keeper was taller and better positioned.

And you are right, that teams is mostly 17 year olds. They only moved up from youth to keep the team together, as they have a couple players that don't qualify for U-18 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0