Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fcuk the NDP

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
People in the Public Sector unions should be doing backflips to have the economy developed, because it will mean more jobs for their union brothers, better pay packets, better long term pensions and more money for people to put their kids into Private Schools whilst still paying taxes to fund the public schools that the average joe sends his kids to, allows more money for the wealthy to access private healthcare taking pressure off of the public system, etc etc etc.

~Stirring....

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But JBN, "what's in it for me if I can't disrupt my employer's audacious attempts at turning a profit"? You and I both know the only reason I'm still around is to pilpher my own membership via dues and be contrarian when it comes to collective baragining,whilst all the while claiming it's for the good of EVERYONE!!!! (said the union rep form "insert union here")

:bronco:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not that far... Unions have a time and place...but electing governments and indoctrinating students is not the time and place.

I certainly feel like Unions have a place in skills training in the trades, specifically the quality in my field of work is done by a Union which is integral to the apprenticeship and Trade Qualifications. Unions also have a place in QA and QC in healthcare.

I'd prefer to see Civic Workers and Education become fair wage open shops which could have union and non union staff have a choice whether or not to participate.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple of points. Selling assets seemed to be the only thing that Dix committed to. BC Place was to have a for sale sign in front of it By Wednesday morning had the unthnkable happened.

My kids are already in private school. I don't get held hostage by union swine (BCTF) and their neverending littany of demands.

Here's to 4 more years of stable and business friendly government. Boy, I'd hate to be one of those career union types right about now!!!! ;)

:bronco:

Is this all because you are still bitter that my Bruins beat your Leafs :)!

BTW Liberals in power give me job security for 4 more years :).

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, how long did it take to write that 1030 research paper? Hope not on company time. :rolleyes:
about 5 minutes. It's part of what I do for a living. Talking eco-freaks into the thoughts that Oil Sands, Gas, Mining and Forestry isn't Doom and Gloom after all.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, you guys (JBN and Bronco) don't have a clue about what you are talking about. This province will be in a complete ruins especially with Chrusty at the helm. Let's sell everything, rivers, mountains, water, to provide a healthy prosperous province for our kids. When the province goes on strike and your kids are not in school you can blame her. Actually you guys won't have to worry your kids will be in private school. This was a fourth consecutive vote where the retarded voters of this province have yet again voted for a criminal enterprise.

I'm just going to blame the lead negotiator for CUPE, and kick him in the nuts.

Besides, four more years of motorboat jokes can't be a bad thing.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How are the resident teachers coping?

Me thinks the teachers union was banking on an NDP victory and cashing in on the next contract.

Another strike on the way????
What else do you see in that Crystal ball of yours Polska?

Really feel bad for the good & decent teachers of BC getting run around by their union... feel worse for the kids graduating and trying to prepare for their finals etc.

BCTF ~ advocating for Independent & Private Schools since 1994.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So sick of this... every 5 minutes... "Dad, there's going to be no school, right?" ... "Dad, Summer vacation starts of Friday now because the teachers voted to strike, right?"

Teachers better be on the picket line throughout the summer if a deal isn't struck soon is all I can say.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So sick of this... every 5 minutes... "Dad, there's going to be no school, right?" ... "Dad, Summer vacation starts of Friday now because the teachers voted to strike, right?"

Teachers better be on the picket line throughout the summer if a deal isn't struck soon is all I can say.

Hahahaha. I bet you miss your old problems when you were living as a single guy in Yaletown.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not taking sides but the timing is brutal. Both sides to blame and our kids once again used as the pawn's.

When u put it into perspective it breaks down like this..

Numbers not accurate but are very close.

52 work weeks in a year.

2 week vacation in winter
2 week vacation in spring
10 week vacation in summer
2 misc week stats and other

equals 16 weeks (4 months off)

equals 36 work weeks

equals 18 pay periods

take those figures--

entry level experience teacher make 45k per year

45k/18 pay periods = 2500.00

2500/80 hours = 31.25 per hour

mid level experience teacher make 65k per year

65k/18 pay periods = 3611.00

3611/80 hours = 45.00 per hour

upper level experience teacher make 82k per year

82k/18 pay periods = 4555.55

4555/80 hours = 56.00 per hour

Now I'm no math teacher but ......................................................

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe teachers are paid based on a 9.5 hour work day.

One thing not talked about much is that it's not like teachers haven't been getting raises all this time - put in your time and you get bumped up to the next pay level.

That being said, glad I'm not a teacher as I'd be in jail after my second day for throttling some little bastard :)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of points to add for Polska.
For some teachers the school hours are the school hours and that's it but most teachers use their evening and weekends for planning and marking. Add to the fact that when you go into a elementary school class room most of the supplies you see are paid for by the teacher. Also the salaries that you listed are not exactly that outrages for someone with five years of post secondary education. But I think the most important thing that is being missed is that for most teachers that I have talked to it is about class sizes and help for special needs kids which effects the quality of the education for all our children, it's not really about wages. I think the government wastes a lot of our tax dollars on things that are a lot worse then education for our children.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then drop the fcuking wage increase demand FFS.

Do you really need 5 years of post secondary school to figure that out?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0