Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA FIXA

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd have to surmise that UEFA and the treat of a FIFA Boycot, led by Platini, had to have been the major factor here. Even with 3/4 or so support of the UEFA, that's a pretty heavy hammer, if not majority around FIFA. The clout they hold on the future of FIFA as we know it, plus the US, is significant. Talking big picture here, like TV deals, etc.

This is fascinating the way it is shaking down, and how cool is it that the spotlight will possibly shine brighter on Canada as a result of the timing?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd have to surmise that UEFA and the treat of a FIFA Boycot, led by Platini, had to have been the major factor here. Even with 3/4 or so support of the UEFA, that's a pretty heavy hammer, if not majority around FIFA. The clout they hold on the future of FIFA as we know it, plus the US, is significant. Talking big picture here, like TV deals, etc.

This is fascinating the way it is shaking down, and how cool is it that the spotlight will possibly shine brighter on Canada as a result of the timing?

I suspect it may have had more to do with the $10 million bribery charge that appears to be coming to Sepp's 2nd in command, FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke. You gotta think that if he goes down he takes Sepp with him. So maybe Sepp is just going to go into hiding somewhere with no extradition treaties.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying that isn't true, but then, as Trece said, why not resign last week? Why continue on w/ election?

Weird.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying that isn't true, but then, as Trece said, why not resign last week? Why continue on w/ election?

Weird.

Just a theory: Being as arrogant as he always was (and basically untouchable: running multi-billion dollar empire without a lot of transparency; while in power offending some powerhouses that wanted WC for the 2nd, 3rd time but he prevented them and pushed for those who never organized a single WC so far - whatever his reason was to push for Qatar, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and Japan, for example) he decided to run, get rid of the other candidate (who, in his words, was a candidate that USA supported) and then step down. Now, another election will have to be held with maybe different candidates then the last week. In he stepped down before the election, the candidate he obviously did not want to win would win. Sounds logical?

By the way, if the investigation has been going for more than 20 years now, if anybody had any proof against him directly, would not that already surface?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No otherwise he would have resigned back then or at least not have run again. I am telling you the guy cut a deal to save himself.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0