Article.CBC.ca said:Man finds surprise in frozen custard
Last Updated Tue, 03 May 2005 00:56:14 EDT
WILMINGTON, N.C. - A man in North Carolina took a mouthful of frozen chocolate custard and found himself sucking on a piece of someone's finger.
Clarence Stowers picked up a pint of the dessert on Sunday night at Kohl's Frozen Custard in Wilmington, N.C.
When he got home, he scooped up a spoonful and began sucking on the finger, which he said he initially thought was candy.
Stowers told the Wilmington television station WWAY that he spat the piece out but still couldn't tell what it was so he took it into the kitchen, rinsed it off and "just started screaming."
"I'm sick at my stomach, I just can't get that taste out of my mouth," the television station WECT reported him as saying.
The owner of the custard shop, Craig Thomas, confirmed that an employee had lost part of a finger in a custard-dispensing machine.
As some employees hurried to help the injured worker, a drive-through window attendant who didn't know about the accident scooped some of the custard into a pint and sold it.
State officials sanitized the equipment involved in the accident on Monday.