Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fraser Valley Knight League 2004

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:
if it is paul, he's a fcukin great player....and i believe most of the team plays for sikh temple on the vmsl div 1 team

Actually, from what I gather, PFC plays with Richmond FC of Div 2 VMSL....
Sikh Temple never entered a team in the Knights leage this year.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

I can't recall which number I was, but was definitely a member of the "F" club. Thanks for remembering. As I recall Pete Hjorth was the founding father. :D

In any case, this #9 from PFC was very skillfull, and ran all night. Everything came through him. The new look Peg team does have a nice base of young talent. I knew Steadman was going to be a beauty while I watched him play high school ball, and of course Costley was a talent in the FVSL before making the switch. Powell on the other hand is another story! Who'd a thought that the offspring of that plugger Freddy would ever possess enough talent to be the player he is! ;) Great players all of them. Not looking forward to chasing them this summer. :(

Off to Kelowna for the drinking tournament

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule

Has anyone received the updated schedule for games this week? I think mine might have been lost in the junk mail. Either that, or Andy is really fukcing the dog.

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got the schedule yesterday.

Peace Arch 1 is playing Sikh United F.C. 1 Thursday night at S.S.A. #10
Peace Arch 2 is playing Sikh United F.C. 2 Thursday night at N.A.P. #8

Both games are 7pm kickoffs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks B&N, I still haven't received the sched. Guess we'll see you tomorrow night at SSA.

P.S. Any plans to make an alteration in your name since the departure of Burke?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does this league look like at this point?

Why is it when the Rangers leave, no one gives a fcuk? ;)

Has Metro Ford been the odds-on obvious disappointment in substitution? :D

How have the Lions fared with the addition of that cancer boy Stepchild? :D :D

Is Peace Arch as shocking as ever? :p

Playoff schedules please.

RFlookingtowatchsomefootyalbeitshiteprobably

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, from what i know, we are fighting for second last right now. We are currently just above .500 on thursday games, and i don't think we have won a single tuesday game, there may have been one that i am forgeting about.

We haven't had the turnouts we thought we would, even with having 23(?) players signed. This is mainly due to the knight(thursday) league turning into a tuesday league, and with about half the team working in restaurants, we all booked off thursday's coming into the summer.

The league has definately become more competitive. Without full squads it's almost pointless to play, you end up packing the box and busting your ass to keep the score low. We've played our last two games short players, and then even when we have a full 11, we might have 2 healthy subs.

Oh well, enough bitching, the #9 that was bring talked about above, paul bahia, is headed down to tennesee, to play in the fall, not sure if it's a full-ride, or how many years.

We finish off w/ PA next week at Seaquam, on the thursday. Then peg and storm the next week at nap on the tues and thurs. Gotta say that trip to kamloops on the friday morning is going to be a tough one.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

You're right man, this thread/league is different without your presence. :)

The league is definitely stronger this year than it has ever been. Not sure how we made out on Tuesday vs SUFC as I have been out of town for a week, but PAU is not in the play-off hunt. We have played quite well I think, and have been in every game, but have only managed a couple wins.

We play the Lions this Thursday at Seaquam (I believe, as the venue has been changed from the original schedule), and then finish off with AKAL and Peg.

Although our record has not been the greatest, we have successfully integrated a few young guys from our CAT team who will soon be mainstays on the 1st team. As well, we have aquired a veteran from the POCO camp who will help us up front in the fall. ;) All in all, a good atmosphere on and off the pitch as well look forward to Sept.

~Skip out

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Veteran?

More like WWII veteran..... :D

Bastages - we wanted that fossil in a Rangers jersey next year.

I'll defintely try and take in the match at Seaquam then.
I'm hoping to catch on with the boys in Kamloops for a minute or two and wouldn't mind scouting out how bad I'll embarass myself if I do join this Motley Crue.

:rolleyes:

That, and joining Cainy and Aves for ANOTHER celabatory pint while we bask in this weekend's Nations Cup foregone conclusion championship glory for the Scotland O-30s and O-38s.

And, I haven't seen the likes of LION's collar turned up for awhile.
That's always good for a laugh. :D

I'm not surprised how competitive it is.
We kind of figured that out last year, hence our departure.
Playing at my age chasing the likes of Peg or the Sikhs around for 90 mintues is not my idea of fun.

I didn't realize about the Tuesday games this year also.

Cheers lads,

RF

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Veteran?
That, and joining Cainy and Aves for ANOTHER celabatory pint while we bask in this weekend's Nations Cup foregone conclusion championship glory for the Scotland O-30s and O-38s.

I shall see you there, on the sidelines, with pint-in-hand, wishing I were Scotish. :)

fabulus

Nov 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
only reason # 9 paul bahia is any good is because roman telus took him under his wings, we had good times in europe i;m sure he's really good now good luck 1983 to bad 1982 is 10 times better

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:

We (Cainy, Aves, & me) did our job in O-30s. What the fukc happened to your side? (disgraceful) :eek:

To get on topic, Sapperton are the real team......................in Div. 1. ;)

Silver

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone provide a link to either a website or schedule for the Knight League ??

Cheers ......

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's no link on the internet for this league. It's the last week before playoffs and I think the standings will end up like this:

1/2) Akal/Peg...Pegs got a few makeup games to see if they will take over Akal.
3) Tri-Cities - Metro Ford
4) Whalley Storm
5) SUFC
6/7) Peace Arch or the Delta Lions
8) Punjab FC

Whalley plays the Lions on Thursday for the final game and then the playoffs start next week with only the top four qualifying...Whalley hoping to have a rare full squad for the cup game against Peg or Akal. This has been one the most competitive SUMMER leagues I've played in for sure...

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 5 AKAL 1 :confused: :)

Sounds like a piss-take, but it wasn't. We got a couple early ones, and defended well. They exposed themselves at the back trying to attack, and we took advantage. AKAL are a good team with mostly Indo players, and a couple additions (Raju Chohan).

One more game next Tuesday vs Peg, and our summer is over. We'll try to play the spoilers. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
They exposed themselves at the back trying to attack, and we took advantage.
You were playing soccer right? Just like a PAU player to take advantage of some poor lad exposing his back side. Typical.
Skip said:
AKAL are a good team with mostly Indo players,
Thanks for that Captain Obvious.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what!?....no one else to pick on today KNVB?! :D Must be slow around these parts.

~CO

P.S. I'm thinking of entering a Dutch team into the Nations Cup next year. Wanna play? So far, I've got Moe, and myself. ;)

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Semi's are on Tuesday August 10th

1) Storm vs. Peg 6:45pm at some school in Surrey

2) Akal vs. Tri-Cities Probably same time at Newton but don't know for sure.

The Finals will be on Thursday Aug 12th

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0