Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lions could have a CAT team if we really need to put one in.
Does GN have a CAT team?
Does Delta United have a CAT team?
Does Aldergrove have a CAT team?
Will Sikh UNited have a CAT team?
N.D. What! N.D. What!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does GN have a CAT team?
Does Delta United have a CAT team?
Does Aldergrove have a CAT team?
Will Sikh UNited have a CAT team?
N.D. What! N.D. What!

GN: No.
Delta: No.
Aldergrove: Yes (apparently)
SU: Yes (apparently)

You guys should have been required to field a Cat team. So too w/ GN & Delta.

My prediction is the league will fold the Cat teams into the 1st division and split it into two sides. Cat teams remain Cat teams, and can't be demoted or promoted. If the league really is smart, they'll give notice to you and the other non-affiliated Premier teams that a Cat team is required by the start of next season.

Problem solved.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LION

Then you should have, if of course you support the system the FVSL is trying (COUGH) to implement.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PREDICTIONS PREDICTIONS...

Originally posted by Guinness
the Rangers will win the PAK!!!:cool: ;)

First thing you've said that makes sense since getting back from Kamloops, or maybe ever.:)

SilverfoxlikesGuinnessforonce.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dudewhere'smystraightjacket

The CAT league is a great idea... However, it has proven that it is not needed... Div. 1 and CAT are similar and maybe should be grouped together... The League would be better off to simplify this issue once and for all...
Get rid of the "CAT" tag and place the remaining teams into Div. 1... The only difference is that Div. 1 teams cannot get promoted if they have a Premier team... The Rangers have been doing it for years and what problems do they have???
For example: PAU could still have a "Reserve team" in Div. 1 for young guys aspiring to play premier and older guys that have been there and boost the team with experience...
CAT sucks in my opinion and it's only a matter of time until the FVSL brass get rid of it...

MytwobitsGuinness

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your opinion is skewed.

~Regs.;)

Seriously, I say you can satisfy everyone's wishes by folding them into 1st, have two sides, and continue the Cat status as last season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your opinion is skewed.
Not to mention the extremely small kurtosis with a poisson distribution his missus told HOS about :D

~Regswithuselessstatsdegreeandgrosslyofftopic.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a rumour - just the truth.....

As a deviant Ranger, my real intentions and who I am have been uncovered by someone in charge of the club....I must come clean now.

First and foremost, I have made comments in here that have not always been true, and I must offer my apologies for that and condolences for all those whose stress levels were affected. Some exaggerations have been used in my descriptions of how the Rangers operate. For the most part, all accounts of interest in playing Premier have been true. However, in other statements I have made comments that have gotten some people's shorts in a knot. I misunderstood the premise of the TTP website and did not realize that some people will revolve their lives around these comments and take everything to heart. Everything I enter from this point forward will be clear statements that could pass verbally under the guise of a lie detector.

And keeping under the rumour topic of this thread, I must also come clear and admit that I am a sh*t guy to have in a club. After 10 plus years of service and saying good things about our club and all those involved in the running of it, it has all been a farce. I am just a downright dirty scoundrel out to ruin everything about the club. Last year, I even PURPOSELY lost all the keys to the facilities. I tried to pretend I cared and even missed the entire Canucks - Blues game 2 playoff series searching the park for 3 hours. Then I mustered up all the FAKE apologies I could, but hey, I'm no actor. It was clear I acted with intent. And this is why I get reminded of the $250 cost to get the keys replaced every week for the last 5 months (note to self: go to acting classes) by someone in charge. After the first remark in this regard, I suggested to someone that I could pay for the keys, but I was told it was okay and that this was really just good-natured joking. Well, its been 5 months of rib-splitting humour, I hope it never ends.

But it gets worse. Out of the few games I attended in the summer, I once drank a beer inside the new turf field at NAP. Some others might have, but I'm the ring leader of hell so I must have been conjuring up another way to show how much I hate the club. When made aware of the fact, I must admit, it seemed a bit silly. I have never spilled a beer, and do not leave empties around fields...so where did the danger lie? But it was a rule and it was never broken by myself again. However, despite my assurances that I would not do this again, I got the reminders for the next 3 weeks I showed up and even had this someone looking out for me (similar lines to the $250 keys issue constantly in my face). This would maybe bother some people by then, but deep down I know I'm a disrespectful piece of sh*t trying to ruin this club. I'm lying in the bed I made.

And you would not believe my recent actions....I do like to push the envelope. At NAP on Tuesday night, after some informal training with 10 lads beside a baseball diamond due to the readily accepted fact that a field was not available for us, we proceeded to have a shower in the changerooms as we have done everytime for the last 10 plus years. And on numerous occassions have even shared the shower facilities with a number of faceless teams with no discontent whatsoever. Due to the fact that I posted in TTP about staying in changerooms until 4am (which was one time, but I boasted in making fun of other teams like it was a regular occurrence - I know I'm immature to seek satisfaction from such remarks), we were told our time limit from this point on. Accepted and continue into shower. There was also a game between Peg and Clan Alumni from the VMSL at NAP that night. And while clearly knowing that the Rangers are now treated as second class citizens by the club whose men's program has continued in existence for as long as it has due to our commitment to it, we were unaware that when VMSL teams play, we are not allowed in the shower or basically anywhere near NAP. Apparently we were told to leave the changerooms, and then I led a showing of disrespect to the voice asking this, and remained (not true...but you never know with me around). Thinking that the 3 guys on our team still in the showers were not done yet, we moved down to the end and created plenty of room for either side to join us. Damn if we knew we would be making these VMSL people slum it up with us and totally embarrass the top people of our club. Well, the other Rangers didn't know....but I'll be honest, of course I knew. I'm a disrespectful a$$hole, yes indeed.

There have also been recent accusations of not supporting our leader on TTP....so damnit, let's get behind him now. I read thru this thread again and over on the VMSL Premier thread for recent pre-season games. It was clear what the opinion was and now I'm a believer too ! I can best summarize all my future comments as this:

I HATE FVSL ! I LOVE PEG ! I HATE FVSL ! I LOVE PEG !

Just turn off my switch when you get bored because I have nothing else intelligent to offer you... :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a deviant Ranger, my real intentions and who I am have been uncovered by someone in charge of the club....I must come clean now.

First and foremost, I have made comments in here that have not always been true, and I must offer my apologies for that and condolences for all those whose stress levels were affected. Some exaggerations have been used in my descriptions of how the Rangers operate. For the most part, all accounts of interest in playing Premier have been true. However, in other statements I have made comments that have gotten some people's shorts in a knot. I misunderstood the premise of the TTP website and did not realize that some people will revolve their lives around these comments and take everything to heart. Everything I enter from this point forward will be clear statements that could pass verbally under the guise of a lie detector.

And keeping under the rumour topic of this thread, I must also come clear and admit that I am a sh*t guy to have in a club. After 10 plus years of service and saying good things about our club and all those involved in the running of it, it has all been a farce. I am just a downright dirty scoundrel out to ruin everything about the club. Last year, I even PURPOSELY lost all the keys to the facilities. I tried to pretend I cared and even missed the entire Canucks - Blues game 2 playoff series searching the park for 3 hours. Then I mustered up all the FAKE apologies I could, but hey, I'm no actor. It was clear I acted with intent. And this is why I get reminded of the $250 cost to get the keys replaced every week for the last 5 months (note to self: go to acting classes) by someone in charge. After the first remark in this regard, I suggested to someone that I could pay for the keys, but I was told it was okay and that this was really just good-natured joking. Well, its been 5 months of rib-splitting humour, I hope it never ends.

But it gets worse. Out of the few games I attended in the summer, I once drank a beer inside the new turf field at NAP. Some others might have, but I'm the ring leader of hell so I must have been conjuring up another way to show how much I hate the club. When made aware of the fact, I must admit, it seemed a bit silly. I have never spilled a beer, and do not leave empties around fields...so where did the danger lie? But it was a rule and it was never broken by myself again. However, despite my assurances that I would not do this again, I got the reminders for the next 3 weeks I showed up and even had this someone looking out for me (similar lines to the $250 keys issue constantly in my face). This would maybe bother some people by then, but deep down I know I'm a disrespectful piece of sh*t trying to ruin this club. I'm lying in the bed I made.

And you would not believe my recent actions....I do like to push the envelope. At NAP on Tuesday night, after some informal training with 10 lads beside a baseball diamond due to the readily accepted fact that a field was not available for us, we proceeded to have a shower in the changerooms as we have done everytime for the last 10 plus years. And on numerous occassions have even shared the shower facilities with a number of faceless teams with no discontent whatsoever. Due to the fact that I posted in TTP about staying in changerooms until 4am (which was one time, but I boasted in making fun of other teams like it was a regular occurrence - I know I'm immature to seek satisfaction from such remarks), we were told our time limit from this point on. Accepted and continue into shower. There was also a game between Peg and Clan Alumni from the VMSL at NAP that night. And while clearly knowing that the Rangers are now treated as second class citizens by the club whose men's program has continued in existence for as long as it has due to our commitment to it, we were unaware that when VMSL teams play, we are not allowed in the shower or basically anywhere near NAP. Apparently we were told to leave the changerooms, and then I led a showing of disrespect to the voice asking this, and remained (not true...but you never know with me around). Thinking that the 3 guys on our team still in the showers were not done yet, we moved down to the end and created plenty of room for either side to join us. Damn if we knew we would be making these VMSL people slum it up with us and totally embarrass the top people of our club. Well, the other Rangers didn't know....but I'll be honest, of course I knew. I'm a disrespectful a$$hole, yes indeed.

There have also been recent accusations of not supporting our leader on TTP....so damnit, let's get behind him now. I read thru this thread again and over on the VMSL Premier thread for recent pre-season games. It was clear what the opinion was and now I'm a believer too ! I can best summarize all my future comments as this:

Just turn off my switch when you get bored because I have nothing else intelligent to offer you...

CLAS-SIC!:D

I'm quoting this to make sure it lives forever on TTP. You never know, you may have some ungodly idea of deleting that post after having written such a brilliant piece...can't let that happen!

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To stay on topic...

I think that the standings offered by TheRob are pretty accurate ;) However, I think that Delta and GN will do better than most people think. Maybe even better than Poco :eek:

Stir it up, oooooooooh baby, stir it up :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let's just be clear here that it's not me being referred to, at least it shouldn't be as far as I'm aware :rolleyes:

Carry on with whatever you non-vmslers do :D

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clarity...

I think it’s clear what we do: date our sisters, drive big trucks, drink cheap beer, and have sex with farm animals.

Just like it’s clear you VMSLers drink fancy espressos at 2:30 in the afternoon on the patio at Starbucks in Yaletown (while pointing your pinkie in the air), eat tofu, wear tight waffle shirts, and frequent Love Affair on Thursday nights.

All clear here on TTP…
;)

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: To stay on topic...

Originally posted by Sage
I think that the standings offered by TheRob are pretty accurate ;) However, I think that Delta and GN will do better than most people think. Maybe even better than Poco :eek:

Im sure GN will do alot better if you wanna play with us Sage. why not play with a gazelle up front rather than a 55 year old thumb sucking puss. Offer is always open to you and with the loss of our sweeper, its open to skip aswell.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oo oo oo...let me in! I realy want to leave a league Championship and Provincial Cup semi-finalist to join a team that hasn't proven itself yet...

Oo oo oo!

Sage & Skip.:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OT

Just like it’s clear you VMSLers drink fancy espressos at 2:30 in the afternoon on the patio at Starbucks in Yaletown
Yes, and it's pissing me off to no end that just like the NAP changerooms, downtown has my seat there too :mad:

Tie the fcuker up when you all hit the barns would ya?

~Regs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tempting, BUT.....

Originally posted by Kokanee
if you wanna play with us Sage...... its open to skip aswell.

throw in some free mittens.......and maybe we'll talk. :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: To stay on topic...

Originally posted by Sage

Maybe even better than PAU...:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0