Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries Aves

The Rangers will NOT be in the Burnaby tourney, so you guys now have a shot at winning it. Good luck!!! :D

Silverfoxgettinghisdigsin.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously though

NTG...

When are you guys putting on a live gig out of NAP Turf??? I heard the outdoor festivals are all the rage in Toronto??? The Barenaked Ladies should do something for their fans out west!!! (If there are any?);)

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC

Just heard this from a little birdy. It appears that the Storm did not get the last premier spot. Turns out that it went to Sikh United. Nice little twist of events!! 1st division is going to be pretty strong now with the Storm in there as well.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you talking about the Sikh team from Div. 2 last year that couldn't even win that division?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T…you were saying?:D ;)

My take: the league was probably presented w/ a couple of applications to work with. The Storm, without SFC, have no club. Sikh United does have a bunch of good players to draw from, and can likely put together a good club rather quickly. That’s the league emphasis: player / club development.

I’d rather see the Storm in there, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Sikh United can field a competitive team.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: SUFC in Premier

Originally posted by Dude
Big T…you were saying?:D ;)

I’d rather see the Storm in there, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Sikh United can field a competitive team.

I can confirm we have been offered the premier spot. However, a couple of notes....from what I heard (rumour ??) Whalley Storm were offered the spot first, but declined b/c they couldn't field a CAT team.

TR - us not winning Div 2 last year is a moot point and has nothing to do with the prem spot...... you think we would be smart enough to recognize that our Div 2 team as a whole might not be able to compete in Premier and we would have to pick up players.:rolleyes:

I think Dude's take on the matter is pretty close...
Our club's application included fielding teams in Prem, CAT, Div 2 and U-21. We are behind the eight ball by having a short time period to field a competitive prem squad with SFC dropping out recently..... but there has been interest out there from players and we hope to have a quality side. I think our club has solid financial backing, and a strong management team who treat the players well. I think our club wants to be a mainstay in FVSL and continue to grow, and thats probably why the exec accepted the application.

Big T:cool:

BigTmighthaveaspotonpremieraswaterboy :D

PS - If anyone is interested in tryouts PM me.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T

I heard from the same source as Trapper did!
This person actually read the letter the league had e-mail him & said you guys had the spot . He also figured it had to do with the cat team issue also .

Cheers
Rex

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we're off...

Oh well i'm glad that issue is finally over. So no rangers, we got sikh united instead. At least my liver will get a rest, I was in for two good all night booze ups. My girlfriend thanks you Rangers.

Is that the same sikh squad from thursday night summer league? If so they could probably put up a good side. Assuming their players show...

PREDICTIONS PREDICTIONS...Everyone out there in TTP land now that the stage is set and the scene is lit, who do you think will dominate and or win the league also who do you think will win the Pak cup?

WARNING WARNING (watch what you say theres certain people who may get mad at your answer not to name any names... :rolleyes: )

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREDICTIONS PREDICTIONS...

PAU will dominate the Premier League again and the Lions will win the PAK!!!:rolleyes: :eek:

Seriously though, PAU will dominate the Premier League again and the Rangers will win the PAK!!!:cool: ;)

On a side note: NTG ("Enid we never really knew each other anyway") will get mad at the VMSL exec. for stealing money, bad fields & officials, changing rules, allowing Div. teams to buy Premier spots and just about anything else they do that doesn't have Surrey Pegasus best interests!!! Good Luck big lad... Dealing with Azzi is a whole lot better...:rolleyes: At least you know only ONE club will benefit from it!!!:eek: ;)

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, now this is by no means a knock on temple as anyone in there shoes would be happy to be given a premier spot but how can the league promote a club to premier who played in div2 the year before??? Does anyone in TTP care about the CAT league? Do the Lions have a CAT team, if yes then OK fare enough, but if they don't then this is decision is shite. Why doesn't the league promote Temple one division to Div1 and promote the Storm one division to premier?? I'm really disapointed...the premier league with the storm who would have had a few extra premier players on top of there already solid club would have been very competitive. Temple could very well compete but come up from div2?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple?

Originally posted by striker12
OK, now this is by no means a knock on temple as anyone in there shoes would be happy to be given a premier spot but how can the league promote a club to premier who played in div2 the year before???

You guys are getting Sikh Temple from the VMSL mixed up with Sikh United from the FVSL. Sikh Temple and Sikh United are two different teams. Sikh Temple plays in Div 1 of VMSL.
As for Sikh United, who knows who they are;)

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info Gurp, Even better give a team a PREMIER spot who wasn't in the bloody league last year. That's just great motivation for the other teams in div1 who are battling for promotion every year, Bruuuutalll!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Name change?

Sorry to confuse even more striker....
But Sikh United was in Div 2 FVSL last year. They are the ones getting the spot. Hence, they did play in the FVSL. Sikh Temple did not get the spot, as they already play in the VMSL. So, a FVSL team is getting the spot. All I am saying is the name of the team is not Sikh Temple....

Did that make sense:confused:

GURPSWHOISGETTINGSTRIKERUPSETFORNOREASON:D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets clarify a couple of things....

#1) Striker12 should learn how to read english before posting confusing shite. If you read my post or ever went to the fraser valley website you would know Sikh UNITED plays in the league and has been there for the last 5 years. :rolleyes: Because you are new to TTP your stupidity will be tolerated for a while.:p

#2) TEMPLE <> UNITED - Logically I don't understand how you can get those 6 letters and two seperate teams in different leagues to correlate and equal each other. Please study up on equality axioms and theorems and explain the derivation of TEMPLE = UNITED. I'll be waiting for that proof. :eek: This could be fun, if someone actually understands this. :D

#3) The only money spent on getting this spot might be the $.99 for the pen used to fill out the application.

Big T:cool:

BigTthinksGurpsisalwaysgoodatclarifyingtempleissues ;)

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look in the mirror Big T before you make posts that don't make sense, if you read my first post I was understanding that it was the FVSL Div 2 team. Gurps confused me but it's all sorted out now.

Wasn't it already stated that Whalley wasn't granted the spot because they didn't have a CAT team?

If Whalley did turn down the spot then fair enough, I know the coach well, he does prefer to earn his spot as he's a fairly young coach and doesn't want any handouts. I thought the team wanted to play up and I'm sure he would do what the team wants.

As a response to your 4th point again, do the LIONS have a CAT team?

BIGTSHOULDUSEHISOWNADVISE

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0