Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All banter for the FVSL's Cat Division can take place here. When the teams are sorted and posted on the FVSL Webpage a poll will go up.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CATs or DOGs

Well I guess tonight at the FVSL meeting we will know more about the state of our league and particularly this division. I am excited about the Cat program Langley has put together this year and hope all our hardwork pays off. (Tonight I guess we'll find out how "in vain" it was).

Anyone in the Cat system interested in a Pre-season tilt??

As far as the clubs from last year go anyone seen any major changes???

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Changes at GEU

I believe there are only 6 guys returning to the GEU CAT team this year.

Youth movement is in place.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC

I think we have 8 out of 19...

but opposite to GEU, we have a Senior movement in place...an early look at the potential rosters says our average age is up from 21 to 26........

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo younger too

PoCo has 7-8 new faces this year. Should be interesting. Glad to see there is 7 teams instead of 6. Would have liked to see some showing from at least one of the Delta teams.

Suburbanator, we'd be up for a game. Let me know what night suits you and if we need to get a field or if you can supply one!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dalglish,

Can you post the seven teams please? We'll get a poll going.

Is this right?

GEU
Poco
Langley
SUFC
PAU
Aldergrove
Chilliwack

Youth movement.:rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PoCo younger too

Originally posted by Dalglish
up for a game. Let me know what night suits you and if we need to get a field or if you can supply one!

Probably Wednesday Next Week, but I will PM you more info tonight after I talk to some guys.....

Cheers..

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cat teams

TheRob,

The teams in Cat for this year:

Chilliwack Rapids
GEU Ultra B
Langley United Lions
Peace Arch
PoCo City Dominion
SUFC Lions
Aldergrove United

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cat teams

re: The teams in Cat for this year:

Would be nice to have one more, avoid the byes. I hear ND Lions said they'd field a Cat team if they were "ASKED". Well thats to me is an open invitation to the league to "ASK" them.

I mean if Aldergrove can join premier AND form a cat team with pretty much zero notice I don't know why some of the others can't.

OH WAIT, thats because they are not affiliated with any club system....

:mad:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who isn't offiliated in a club system.
The Lions are, we have a div.2 team and a div.3 team as well as a under 21 team.
what now!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LION
The Lions are, we have a div.2 team and a div.3 team as well as a under 21 team.
what now!

First I will assume you are with the DELTA LIONS.

That post was split into two segments. The first commenting on how I believe it was you that suggested you "COULD" field a cat team if required. This is something I was hoping you would do or something the league would enforce to a degree.

The second commenting on how two new Premier Clubs were able to field cat teams while some others are not.

My two comments were not completely related, though I realize they looked rather pointed.

I should further this by mentioning that the teams that don't have cat teams I believe have stated they can not. I am assuming this is because they have no club affilation or no suitable team or players.

As for your team, I am disapointed that you are not fielding a cat team. I also respect the fact that this is your first season in the Premier division, and it is NOT the 1st season for some teams. I can only hope that you will eventually support the system the FVSL is trying to implement, regardless of your opinion of it.

Thanks.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Lions CAT

what now!

I agree with suburbanator, if you could have formed a team for CAT then you should have, it only makes sense. The only way FVSL becomes stronger is if all the teams get on board with the exec. I am not saying that the exec is always right, but it would make a big difference if teams tried to help better our league . I think an improved FVSL includes a full CAT div. Its not like the VMSLers give a shite about us. :D

Big T:cool:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah,
If it was mandatory to field a cat team then we would have.
But the league did not enforce this on us and other teams.

do you read me.
The cat league and system in the valley is shite.
Maybe 1 day it will work, but I don't see it working 2 day.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I hear rumour that you will be playing in langley this year, could you spell it correctly in the poll??
Done. It's going to take some getting used to.;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow... Thanks.

do you read me.
The cat league and system in the valley is shite.

Apparently you don't appreciate the CAT division that gave you a place to play last year and assisted you in your promotion to Premier. I doubt you would have got a promotion out of any other division (except D1).

I originally supported your jump to premier but I didn't realize you were so selfish.

so "yes I read you"

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO CAT

Just a note to apologize to the Poco Cat guys for our scheduling problems. Our attempt at arranging a pre-season game was shocking. Thanks to the various townships and citys in the Valley for not making fields available until the season is started...

Thanks for trying.

:mad:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early game SUB.

Who are you trying to kid?
your acting like the cat league brought us in from the cold streets and gave us warmth and food. I am sure there were many places we could play.
Yah, the cat league has a great idea behind it and all but it doesn't seem to be working out here in the valley very well.
There has been 7 teams in this league for the first 2 years of opperation.

The cat league didn't give us promotion. The league was needing good teams to be promoted to Prem. There were no other teams ahead of us other then maybe the Rangers who deserved a spot.
Should Sikh United be thankfull for playing in Div.2 and now they are in Premier.
What are you saying?

I am just stating the facts.
The cat league sucks. It sucked last year too.
Most teams out here don't use it and the level of competition in this league has just gone way down without the Strorm and Lions in it.

I think players would be more "premier ready" playing in Div.1 then in Cat because its a stronger league.
I don't understand why so mad, actually I do,
you play in the cat league.:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pssst...

Lion:

I'm not sure if you know who Subby might be, as rumours abound, but I'd be really careful about what you say to him.
You know, people in high places and all that shite.

Just a friendly heads-up, :)

RF

Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma-Chameleon.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0