Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP!

Ranger,
Thanks for the heads up!
But I have never dissed the SUB or anything. Just posting my opinions on the league and what I think would be better.
Just like many people have done about the cat league. I think 80% of the TTP'ers have stated to scrap the cat league.

Is the cat system working?
It just seems to cause more confusion and headaches for the Execs etc. Or am I wrong. Is it a successful system?

I am not dissing the whole idea behing it and all. If it were enforced by the league or better yet, teams totally backed it and wanted it in place to make there club deeper and stronger, then it is a beautiful system. Maybe one day we can be there. But we will never be there without no enforcement on it. So why put a team in there when you can put your "reserves" in Div.1 where the competition is obviously better and keep the players game tighter and a closer playing field to Premier.

Delta Metro has the Highlanders. Do you think the Highlanders would want to play in the cat or div 1 if they had a choice that was not enforced?

Apparently you don't appreciate the CAT division that gave you a place to play last year and assisted you in your promotion to Premier. I doubt you would have got a promotion out of any other division (except D1).

Yah, you doubt the Lions would have got promo if it wasn't for the CAT league.
But then Sikh United gets it from div.2?!!?

Conclusion:
I hope/maybe the CAT system will work and make clubs stronger out in the FVSL but right now it is not. I understand it has to slowly build and one day it might work. But it will never work if no one enforces Premier teams to put a team in the league.

OPINIONS!
no Karma songs!

LION

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough

Let Lion and his Premier wannabees have a year in Premeir. They'll be back in Div 1 next year anyways.

:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion

A couple of inconsistencies in your posts:

1. This is the third year for Cat, not the second. In the first year, 9 out of 10 Premier teams fielded Cat squads, with the exception being GN.
2. You stated the Cat division sucked last year, and that you would have otherwise found a place to play had that option not been available. I beg to differ. Unless that option was buying a division 1, 2, or 3 spot, your only option was to play Div. 4. There were no spots for sale, were there?
3. Sikh United did not earn promotion to Premier, as widely believed. They were awarded a spot based on an application they submitted to the league. There is a difference. There is also a good reason the Storm weren’t awarded a team- no club. Other teams, both from inside and outside the FVSL also applied. The Lions were on team awarded a Premier spot. You weren’t promoted. I suspect that SUFC was given the spot based on their intention to build a club system, and no doubt committing to a Cat team helped them.

So, for you to imply that the league didn’t do you any favors is utter bullshit. Had they not thrown you in Cat last year, do you really thing your team would have stuck together in division 4? No fcuking way.

To argue that it doesn’t work is not entirely true…Poco, GEU, and PAU all use the Cat system. Those are pretty good squads. Personally, I feel that a stronger Cat system this season would have seen folding all the Cat teams into Div 1 (as was suggested by Millhouse). I also strongly feel the league should implement a mandatory policy REQUIRING all premier squads to field cat teams. The league should not have to be in the position of having to force teams like yours to challenge themselves to be better, but apparently they may have to. You say your team isn’t selfish, but on TWO occasions now the evidence shows contrary: abandoning your last club (Delta), and thumbing your nose at the Cat system.

There. I’ve said my peace.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lion

There. I’ve said my peace.

Dude, Are you feeling better ??? I don't want to see you run out of gas before the season starts. :D Lots of TTPing left and Dude is on the warpath !!! love it.

Hit it for the CAT division boyz !!!

:wa: :wa: :bronco: :bronco: :knvb: :knvb:

BigT:cool:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah, the team probably wouldn't of stuck together in div.4.
So THANKS for the CAT league for bringing us in. Your right there.
But from what I know, we also put an application in for the spot and got it. We were not "awarded" the spot. Had to apply like everyone else.

I feel that a stronger Cat system this season would have seen folding all the Cat teams into Div 1 (as was suggested by Millhouse). I also strongly feel the league should implement a mandatory policy REQUIRING all premier squads to field cat teams.

You said it yourself. That is all I am saying as well.
Yah, the system might be working for a handfull of teams that you stated. But in general it is not working out in the Valley.
Just more a mess then anything. At least it seems.
You said it yourself.
put the CAT in div.1 or implement a mandatory policy REQUIRING premier teams enter a CAT team.

If this is what you want to hear, here it goes.

CAT LEAGUE,,

Thank you for letting our team in your league last year. It provided us a place to play some soccer and also gave us the chance to stick together as a team of "buddies". If it wasn't for you CAT LEAGUE we would not be a team anymore. So thank you for everything. We are now in Premier, but we will never forget what you did for us. I will always remember you CAT LEAGUE.
Love you and thank you.
LION:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Comments...

Dude: Your comments were bang on....

RF: Thanks for the "Respect" but no one here needs to heed any kind of warning regarding insulting me. This is TTP, everyone has their opinion and right to express it...

The rest of you lot: Anyone posting predictions for Week #1???

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm on that

This weeks predictions

Langley
Poco
GEU
Aldergrove - but it will be close
:D

If your asking for our predictions where's yours?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I'm on that

Originally posted by Yoda
This weeks predictions

If your asking for our predictions where's yours?

I was waiting to see if TheRob was going to start a thread for CAT predictions before I cluttered up this one with my trash posts. However here it goes...

LANGLEY
POCO
GEU

Sound Familiar? Where is the wagering section on this website I cannot find it anywhere...
:D

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro has the Highlanders. Do you think the Highlanders would want to play in the cat or div 1 if they had a choice that was not enforced?

We had an un-enforced choice and we chose Div 1. We were in the CAT division 2 years ago. For our team there was little to play for. None of us were interested in playing Premier and we had a full squad that was not in need of Premier assistance. We entered for the Friday night games. Once we found out we could have Friday night games and play Div 1, we jumped the following year. The Delta Metro club at this point does not have enough quality players that want to one day play Premier to field a CAT team.

The Highlanders could play there and do well, but not for what the CAT div is intended.

Plus someone has to follow the Rangers and ruin their perfect seasons.

:wa:

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
over 30's

the only league the highlanders should play is over 30's then we can still follow the rangers

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old?

So I'm just curious have there been any other teams in this division that have changed as much as us? (GEU) We have 9 new players all of which have parents who are not much older than myself and a couple others on the team.I guess this means no after match pub hopping as most are 18yrs old.:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off topic: and MILF potential, Girth?

On topic: any chance of getting some of the hotter new Moms out tom your team parties?:eek:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Old?

Originally posted by girth
So I'm just curious have there been any other teams in this division that have changed as much as us? (GEU)

Last years roster had 19 people, 9 are returning. The rest are new, though mostly older players vs. young.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moms

Originally posted by Dude
Off topic: and MILF potential, Girth?

On topic: any chance of getting some of the hotter new Moms out tom your team parties?:eek:
Those are good questions Dude,3 weeks ago GEU had a 7 aside tourny and I had a chance to check out the odd MILF and I believe there could be one or two aboard.:D Problem is this could be a distraction when the regular season starts as myself and Yoda will always have to look at our best.I've been thinking how not to rock the boat with these young guys busting Yoda and myself working these moms on a weekly basis.The answer is to set up fake fundraiser events at pubs that include only parents and players over 19. Getting back on topic I think GEU will be alot faster than last year and will have the odd cougar on the sidelines.;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking for a Div 1 team

Are there any teams looking for a player in Div 1?
Preferrably I'd like to play with Poco as they play the Rangers next week.
:mad:

Osame, Dalglish, we need to talk.............NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've been booted too?

Call Sub about Langley Div. 1- they're looking for short shorts models.;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Looking for a Div 1 team

Originally posted by Yoda
Are there any teams looking for a player in Div 1?

Theres always room across the FERRY for you Fairies.

Langley still has a few spots I am sure.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0