Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - October '05

Who will be in first by the end of October?

• GEU

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Poco

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Delta

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Whalley

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • PAU

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: It finally happened!

Yoda said:
So the time has come. Finally a weekend that GEU cannot get a win.
Dissapointing since we have been playing so well and we wanted to continue that momentum this weekend. But i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

GEU vs North Delta -
postponed.
:)

Correction: Unless someone can tell me otherwise, it looks as though the GEU winning streak has ended. I'll wait to hear GEU's side of it first, but as it stands, the score reads ND 1 - GEU 0.

Little help here Yoda?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: It finally happened!

Yoda said:
So the time has come. Finally a weekend that GEU cannot get a win.
Dissapointing since we have been playing so well and we wanted to continue that momentum this weekend. But i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

GEU vs North Delta -
postponed.
Postponed? according to who?

Is this confirmed from the home team that didn't show up to the field? or the referee who was at the game and had heard nothing about the game being postponed? or the league who had no knowledge of the game being postponed?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All i know is our coach phoned me and and said the field was in no shape to play on so the game has been cancelled. Unless he just forfeited because nobody was in good enough shape after last nights team festivities.

If it is a forfeit then it's news to me and well done to ND for ending the streak.
I'm sure that would be the only way you'd beat us.

Bluebird,
A little help? What's the scoop?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
All i know is our coach phoned me and and said the field was in no shape to play on so the game has been cancelled. Unless he just forfeited because nobody was in good enough shape after last nights team festivities.

If it is a forfeit then it's news to me and well done to ND for ending the streak.
I'm sure that would be the only way you'd beat us.
Maybe, but we would have gotten a game in, and done our best to end the streak...

i don't know what field your coach was looking at, but hammond looked great, no standing water, no mud patches, would have been a brilliant day for a game

on top of all of this, we try to hit up the caddyshack for some lunch and a show, and it's closed... thankfully, we found The Office, and filled up on their 49 cent breakfast menu

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice work.
I guess with all the overweight 40+'s on the field before us it was thought that by the time we were finished running you guys into the ground, the field would have been beat up pretty bad, especially the area in front of your net. Obviously the area in the net from where your keeper would be picking the ball out of the net wouldn't matter, it's just the rest of the field.
The decision was made to save the field because if we played then the team after us would have played and then we would have been shut down from using the field for a few weeks until it recovered. Better to postpone 1 weekend of games instead of of 3-4 weekends after.
That would be my guess for the cancellation.
Glad you found some great breakfast out here. Was it only worth .49 or is that what it actually cost?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are this weekends results and standings:

Langley 1 - Dewdney 0
Chilliwack 1 - Poco 1
PAU 5 - GN 0
Delta Metro 7 - Whalley - 0 :eek:
GEU - ND - Postponed

Standings:

1 Golden Ears United 21
2 Delta Metro United 19
3 Peace Arch United 13
4 Whalley Rangers 13
5 Poco City Dominion 11
6 North Delta Lions 9
7 Chilliwack Rapids 8
8 LUFC United 5
9 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 3
10 GN Sikh United 3

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Glad you found some great breakfast out here. Was it only worth .49 or is that what it actually cost?
They have a list of items that cost 49 cents, and you can pick and chose what you want. I had 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, and hash browns and it came to $2. It was fantastic. They serve the menu between 11 and 2:30 on sundays.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice, i'll have to check that out.
Might have to reschedule our home games around it now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0