Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Banter Off Season 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, this league is super bush :rolleyes:

This league is so Super George that once a year every year, we show up to a game and ne ref shows up. Its so Super George that teams play on Friday nights with no access to changing rooms. Its so Super George that half the teams play without matching shorts and socks. And on and on.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you seen the Quest University Sportsfield? Quite the facility, and I'd immagine a great place to play.

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what your saying is that once a year its like every league? I see. Good point.

Dude, I dunno where you've played in the past but the only time I've ever had a ref not show up and it was the FVSL - in youth, and other sports (Rugby and LAX) it never happend in 15+ years. But enough of that. The FVSL brass did a great job of having the schedule out by August 20th last year and I'm sure they would have it out again by now if the last few teams could take their head out of their arse. Some of us have comitttments (SeaBags season tix, etc) to plan for on the weekends.

I play outta SSAP.

Double D's

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play outta SSAP too :) I've had ref's not show up to many of my rugby/baseball/soccer games over the years, and it's more the ref than the league most of the time. I'm sure all leagues keep a list of ref's that don't show up and try not to use them if possible.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was looking at the Fraser Valley web site at the teams in Div. 1 for this year. Does anyone know who Guildford FC Marga is or where they came from?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly Results: Sapperton Prem 3 - LUFC Dynamo 0

Good run for us, first one really of the year as a team and it was all my last years guys with a few d2 guys up helping out. Sapperton looked very young, and I only recognized a couple faces from the old Poco team. We were pretty reasonable for 60 minutes, but three breakdowns ended up in the back of the net. A fair result on the night.

Anyhow we are looking for another friendly if anyone is available before the season starts.

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to the FVSL exec/admin/skirts for getting the schedule up. I heard it would have been out earlier but a few disorganized clubs couldn't get their field times sorted out. Two last moans (and I know that they're both brought up each year): what's with the Sunday night games, and the lack of clubs who still have grass fields. Is it just this old boy who misses playing a hard fought match on grass and having pints with lads for the rest of the Saturday/Sunday afternoon?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to the FVSL exec/admin/skirts for getting the schedule up. I heard it would have been out earlier but a few disorganized clubs couldn't get their field times sorted out. Two last moans (and I know that they're both brought up each year): what's with the Sunday night games, and the lack of clubs who still have grass fields. Is it just this old boy who misses playing a hard fought match on grass and having pints with lads for the rest of the Saturday/Sunday afternoon?

sunday night games are great, people tend to be free of other commitments. disadvantage if you're they away team going to play sunday at 8pm or if you wake up really early the next morning.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, in using the word: fail, I was thinking about the website "failblog". Also, I've never heard a Justin Bieber song or watched an interview with him so I'll have to take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0