Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - September 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched this game for a bit. There was the Surrey United vs. ICST Peg on the field next and my brother was playing so I watched a bit of both. Wow the strikers looked damn fast... and stolo looks skilled... very fast soccer on a very fast pitch! Saw some magic ball movement by the strikers and thought they would have potted a few more... looked more like a 4-1 game than a 2-1 game

The thing that amazed me about Stolo was their ability to get in the way of everything in their 3rd. I can't remember ever having so many shots and crosses blocked or deflected. Their skill is all in their strikers, which is probably why it's so kick and run, but you gotta work with what you got.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Revolution over Sentinel. What a horrible game we played, no excuses didn't finish any of our good chances. Deserve to loose this one. Just might of been best to loose this game so we can get our heads out of our asses and wake up and play the football we know we can play. Not to take anything away from the revolution cause they deserved the win but we were so flat footed tonight a u15 girls team would have beat us. Looking forward to next week.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Revolution over Sentinel. What a horrible game we played, no excuses didn't finish any of our good chances. Deserve to loose this one. Just might of been best to loose this game so we can get our heads out of our asses and wake up and play the football we know we can play. Not to take anything away from the revolution cause they deserved the win but we were so flat footed tonight a u15 girls team would have beat us. Looking forward to next week.
You forgot to mention Revolution were down to ten men only about 25 minutes in...and still managed to get the winner and hold on.

ChehalisChiefs

Nov 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thing that amazed me about Stolo was their ability to get in the way of everything in their 3rd. I can't remember ever having so many shots and crosses blocked or deflected. Their skill is all in their strikers, which is probably why it's so kick and run, but you gotta work with what you got.

We were missing some players that game so some changes were made last minute most of our team is 20 and under except for a select few... it is a learning experience for us and we had fun... some things happened in that game that shouldn't happen.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to take anything away from the revolution cause they deserved the win but we were so flat footed tonight a u15 girls team would have beat us. .
No you're right that doesn't take anything away from them winning this game. I'm sure they feel great after what I quoted...who wouldn't?:rolleyes:

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 2 Abby 0. They are young and fast we are old and slow. It could have been worse if their shooting was better.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 Rangers over PA Untied

Up 1 buzz early ... PA battled to go up 2-1 at half. The heat and the own goal we scored on ourselves did't help. Lucky we took a red card 5 mins into the 2nd half!?! Down to 10 men for 40 mins ... Dobby got 2 clutch goals to get us the 3 points while short-handed.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another result ...

Whitecaps Prospects 5 - TWU 1

Apparently it was quite a pisstake. TWU not even in the match and could have been a much worse score. :eek:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 2 Abby 0. They are young and fast we are old and slow. It could have been worse if their shooting was better.

Yeah it showed you guys are newly promoted. They should have won 10-0. I don't see your team doing to well in Div.1. You guys are too old just maybe a little too slow.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad I made it out to White Rock yesterday in order to enjoy a masterclass if truth be told. The clubs involved were an afterthought really as everyone was there to watch the man in middle strutt his stuff.

TTP referees could have learned a thing or two watching this collosus put on a show for all in attendance. He was a sight to behold as he skittered to and fro dispensing justice to the wicked and the confused, brandishing his yellow admonishments and red orders of banishment to any and all who dared to cast aspersions on his glorious crown of a permanent wave.

Under his stern guidance, never was the game in any danger of achieving anything resembling a flow and under no circumstances would talent be given the opportunity either to express itself or influence the proceedings in any way whatsoever.

What a thrill ran through my ill body with every arbitrary application of the rules, made all the more exciting by unpredictablity personified in every thin skinned reaction and every deliberate non-call, calculated to punish and aggravate.

In the end, I had no clue what the score was or how many men were on the pitch, and afterall, isn't that the mark of a great referee?

Attachments

• Ref v PA.jpg
    Ref v PA.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 121

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky great post! This curly haired man in the middle has been fcuken up since well before our time no doubt. Every time we had him in the past we have atleast gotten 4 or 5 cards per game and usually one of those is red.
This is the only human that I'm not sure if I'd pick up in yucktittyucktuck in a snow storm. I feel you're guys pain and loved your post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0