Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - September 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phil is the only ref that I cringe at when I see him walking to the pitch.
You know you are in for a long night as soon as he blows the whistle.
As Jinky stated, he sure knows how to take and prevent any sort of flow out of a game.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, and it only makes it worse to try and talk to him. It is a huge test of mettle to try and not say anything about every horrible call he makes.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad I made it out to White Rock yesterday in order to enjoy a masterclass if truth be told. The clubs involved were an afterthought really as everyone was there to watch the man in middle strutt his stuff.

TTP referees could have learned a thing or two watching this collosus put on a show for all in attendance. He was a sight to behold as he skittered to and fro dispensing justice to the wicked and the confused, brandishing his yellow admonishments and red orders of banishment to any and all who dared to cast aspersions on his glorious crown of a permanent wave.

Under his stern guidance, never was the game in any danger of achieving anything resembling a flow and under no circumstances would talent be given the opportunity either to express itself or influence the proceedings in any way whatsoever.

What a thrill ran through my ill body with every arbitrary application of the rules, made all the more exciting by unpredictablity personified in every thin skinned reaction and every deliberate non-call, calculated to punish and aggravate.

In the end, I had no clue what the score was or how many men were on the pitch, and afterall, isn't that the mark of a great referee?
I recognize this prat

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky
well stated, I don't think anyone gets teams sooo pissed off that that actual game becomes less important. Most just try to stay out of his radar.......let alone go into a tackle because god only knows what he see's as clean and what he see's as a foul. GOOD luck to everyone who get's him this year, our game had approx. 5-7 yellows and at least 1 red.
Of note, late in the game jinky was taking photo's while the masterfull ref was up to ??? and decided to look over at Jinky for a good 10 sec to pose for a photo! Nice.

Oh ya, we won 3-2 in a game that we ultimately made difficult for ourselves. They had a few late chances to tie but our goalie made the saves look easy. What a great pitch PAU has, all of their fields are mint!!!!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad I made it out to White Rock yesterday in order to enjoy a masterclass if truth be told. The clubs involved were an afterthought really as everyone was there to watch the man in middle strutt his stuff.

?

Looks and sounds like you enjoyed the company of Mr. Frodo Baggins.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Code:
Yeah it showed you guys are newly promoted. They should have won 10-0. I don't see your team doing to well in Div.1. You guys are too old just maybe a little too slow.
Aren't you guys still in div. 2? Besides, we've been there done that and we know we're playing teams half our age, so who cares what you think.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aren't you guys still in div. 2? Besides, we've been there done that and we know we're playing teams half our age, so who cares what you think.

I think you do care. Yea we're in Div.2. You'll be there doing that again next year as well.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a player who had registered for us last week (Peace Arch Selects) changed his mind and decided to play for TWU. He played for them on the weekend but never signed a transfer form and now on the league website it shows he's registered for TWU?

Is this fishy or does the league make exceptions to their rules?

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks and sounds like you enjoyed the company of Mr. Frodo Baggins.
and this same ref....when I played in burnaby mens league would walk to the pitch with these twins....two 5'3 dudes....who would run the lines for him. the three of them put together were a site to see...like a midget army or something...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a player who had registered for us last week (Peace Arch Selects) changed his mind and decided to play for TWU. He played for them on the weekend but never signed a transfer form and now on the league website it shows he's registered for TWU?

Is this fishy or does the league make exceptions to their rules?
the league allowed free "adjustments" to registrations up until friday the 11th, 12 noon. so if the guy called in the league or had TWU team officials call into the league and ask to be moved then thats probably what happened...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the auto registration system still has bugs to work out. It is still very much an honor system.

Anyhow, I feel the pain for any two teams saddled w/ Phil. He's been consistently among the worst refs in the league every year for a good 15 years. If you average it out, he is the worse, but that’s only because there seem to be years we don’t see Tin Po. I know personally I have more cards from Phil than anyone, and I've tried every approach...from trying to stay under the radar, to ignoring him and simply playing a regular game, to changing my game to appease him. I've also completely snapped at him and taken a dissent red.

He's terrible, and although in this case likely the better team got the result on the day, he is that type of ref that can quite easily change those tables. Count your blessing Rangers!

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've recieved very few cards in my playing time. Only 1 red ever, and it was from this guy. I snapped at him after he cost us a game because of brutal calls. Even the other team was laughing at some of the calls. It was quite comical. But to be fair, he did tell me to be quiet or he would card me, and I couldn't hold it in, so I got the red. Fully deserved it with what I told him. But if he called a good game, heck even a consistent game, where we knew what would be called and what wouldn't be called, I would be happy. But he calls phantom calls all over the field, leaving teams just shaking their heads in disbelief. Then he puffs out his chest in defense of his call. Now if we have him, I just let our guys know to suck it up and just play. Don't let him get in your head and don't talk back. Just get up and get on with it. If there is any questionable calls, the coach will go discuss it at halftime and try to get his reasoning to making that call. Haven't got a card yet while discussing calls/cards at the half or after the game. But do it during the play, and you're getting carded.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we lost 6-0... but really was not as bad of humping as the scoreline reads

1-0 in the 70th minute when we hit the post and miss the rebound... after that we take a second yellow card and 2 of our starting Defense go down... we ran out of steam and they finished there chances.

Next week should be interesting againt the gunners... at least it is at the comfy combines of parkside

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've recieved very few cards in my playing time. Only 1 red ever, and it was from this guy.

Amazing,
I have only ever had two red cards.

Once when I was 15, and the other last year with this guy in the middle.

What also didnt help us, and jinky failed to mention, was Jinky's comment at the 6th minute mark towards the referee and his tight perm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0