Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - September 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i hate turf wish every field was like Peace arch grass

Yeah, it's too bad not every park can have a beauty pitch and not have to rely on turf. The bones are going to be sore tonight, I'm fairly certain it was a Rangers supporter who rear ended me on the way home from training to make me inneffective for tonights derby :D

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the excuses start early .... :wa: ... Hope you don't tell Lamont about your accident - you may have to run TWO Scottish Miles.

What kit are you wearing tonight? Black?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the excuses start early .... :wa: ... Hope you don't tell Lamont about your accident - you may have to run TWO Scottish Miles.

What kit are you wearing tonight? Black?

I won't be telling Lamont anything :D We'll be wearing red tonight. Don't have a full black kit.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, pretty stoked after the big win tonight. First half was eventful, lots of chances both ways, rookie 7 with 2 nice goals, and then we put a beauty header into our own net to keep it close. Second half we decided to bunker down and defend. It worked, as they only mustered 3 shots, and only one of them was dangerous which needed to be cleared off the line. I myself bottled 3 chances to put the game away but what can you do? We've already got half our win total from last year. The only downside is I forgot to insure my other car when I bought the truck that got rear-ended last night, and got a $600 ticket for driving without insurance. That sucks.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, pretty stoked after the big win tonight. First half was eventful, lots of chances both ways, rookie 7 with 2 nice goals, and then we put a beauty header into our own net to keep it close. Second half we decided to bunker down and defend. It worked, as they only mustered 3 shots, and only one of them was dangerous which needed to be cleared off the line. I myself bottled 3 chances to put the game away but what can you do? We've already got half our win total from last year. The only downside is I forgot to insure my other car when I bought the truck that got rear-ended last night, and got a $600 ticket for driving without insurance. That sucks.

Thanks for your life story, what did you have for breakfast. Keep it to soccer, no one cares that your an idiot who can't insure a truck.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well it appears I must eat crow. Congrats on the win.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good win strikers
Paint a little odd picture though, It was 1-1 when we missed a breakaway...good save by your keeper...then you countered and scored. As for second half, you guys stuck with your d-fence plan and soaked up some attack. As for you bottling any, I honestly cannot recall any more than the 25 yard left foot blast:rolleyes: well over the bar. Either way, good win.
I guess those ranger voodoo dolls girth and 4'est gump have are finally paying off. Rather uncharacteristic start to our ranger season with 4 goals against and many errors. Oh well, just got our loss out of the way early this season lol.:(

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 0 North Delta Fc 1
Close game. Many excellent saves from Poco keeper kept us in it. Woodwork at least 3 times off save deflections.

Really something that both teams set up on same side....As only one side has benches, and the ND coach and team linesman were all over that sideline....Much to the nuisance of the home team and supporters. At one point a ball was even a few feet from rolling out of bounds, a guy in delta tracksuit comes a couple feet on the field, picks the damn ball up, and hands it to his teammate...the referee missed that one.

Not the classiest display by that outfit on those sidelines...a few bits of banter with our bench over it.

Delta has a good young squad though....they certainly know how to let lose their shot in and around the box. They were unlucky not to have had more.

Entertaining...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 1-0 POCO,

Pretty decent game with NDFC hitting 3 posts and a cross bar. Poco keeper was spectacular and their two big strikers are going to cause fits for a lot of teams. We were missing 4 or 5 starters due to injury etc. but all our new young guys came in and filled the void seamlessly. Agreed our sideline was intruding a bit but to be fair the benches are way to close together on that pitch.
I can't believe you are still bitching about the ball our sideline caught, he was half a yard on the field maybe, and the ball was ripped out of bounds, he jumped to catch it. Nobody was within 15 yards of the ball. Sure he could have let it go over the fence I guess but you would have bitched about that too I bet.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 1-0 POCO,

Pretty decent game with NDFC hitting 3 posts and a cross bar. Poco keeper was spectacular and their two big strikers are going to cause fits for a lot of teams. We were missing 4 or 5 starters due to injury etc. but all our new young guys came in and filled the void seamlessly. Agreed our sideline was intruding a bit but to be fair the benches are way to close together on that pitch.
I can't believe you are still bitching about the ball our sideline caught, he was half a yard on the field maybe, and the ball was ripped out of bounds, he jumped to catch it. Nobody was within 15 yards of the ball. Sure he could have let it go over the fence I guess but you would have bitched about that too I bet.
By no means it's not bitching...and certainly wasn't going over the fence...just was an awkard moment that I'm sure he could have just let the ball at least roll over the line before picking it up....instead of lunging onto the feild to help out with the quick throw...if the ref had been looking that way...he surely would have been obliged to say something. But that aside, obviously both teams were missing players, they certainly played a fun game.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until how long..........damn football kicks the shiiit out of it every year.

Well seeing that we have access to 3 fields, I would say we prob would not use one in rough shape. Its one of the best grass pitches in the league and we rarely cancel down there. Once to my knowledge when you played you guys in Newton because it was frozen??

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well seeing that we have access to 3 fields, I would say we prob would not use one in rough shape. Its one of the best grass pitches in the league and we rarely cancel down there. Once to my knowledge when you played you guys in Newton because it was frozen??

Ya I believe it was a frozen fog..........odd really, but in the past your fields were destroyed early by football and then played on by soccer......and often quite terrible conditions (not including that wind). Hopefully things have changed, I guess we will soon find out.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1 - PAU Selects 0

Pau was strong for opening 15 then we took over for a good 50 mins of solid pressure. Credit to PAU for not caving in, and they defended well, holding us to only the one goal. (Cracker). They came on strong for the final 15....giving us a wake-up call..

Bye next week..sucks.

Injury-Prone

Sep 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA United over Whitecaps prospects 2-0. We had about 5 shots and the prospects had 60% of the possession but they couldn't penetrate our make-shift backline (and missed an open net at one point). They are strong for a group of high schoolers but lack the finish (although their 5 goals last week might suggest otherwise so maybe it was a bad day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0