Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter Off Season 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In other news Div 2 C Abby Arsenal had a friendly with our (aldergrove) premier team, A very decent effort by the boys in red, their new striker they received from our div 1 team from last season potted what I *think*:confused: were their only 2 goals on a couple of breaks from some discombobulated positioning by Aldys defense in the first half, the second half was all Aldergrove as Arsenal was down a man at times man due to some pre season cramps and a lack of subs (like as in 0). They ended up borrowing one of Aldy's players to help but finished with the squad they started with... Alas a 10-2 out-come (I *think* as I had a few bottles by the end:D) for the match. If they would have taken their 7 foot sweeper out of net an put him in his usual position, use that useless striker they had finish the game in net, start and stay in net,:p I would suggest they'd have a much better showing,...Arsenal will be a good team this year if they can get their keeper to show up and their new prospects to start meshing with the "vets" of the group, and the entire squad can up its "conditioning" thru to the 90th min of the match.... good things will happen. All in all I don’t see them finishing below 2nd or 3rd, with a very good chance of winning their 2C division, they just need a keeper and a few subs every game to solidify 1st. Good game made for some great beers on a Sunday afternoon. Good luck Arsenal! Hope we do good enough to see you guys this year, our history makes for an epically competitive game, one that always ends with us sharing beers and laughs! So give 'em shite! :)

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We open the campaign against Aldergrove Utd. next Saturday, they're the demoted D1 team correct? Nice to get right into it.

Yep div 1 demoted to 2....:eek:

And on your turf no less! Thank the gods that we have turf to practice on this year, as our home pitch is grass an we "used" to practice on gravel,... But thats what you get for living in the Ozarks of the fraser valley,... Will be a good match with the two prospective 1/2nd place teams:p playing each other first game of the season,... Any predictions?:confused: lol! Lemme guess,... 3-0 Pan/Aldy???

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You sure the two goals Abby scored weren't due to Ratvay? :p

Hi Adam!

No,... It was our old guy,... I know because he actually pointed at the back of the net after his second and let out a big WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! He's not the classiest of soccer players but a good guy off the field,...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep div 1 demoted to 2....:eek:

And on your turf no less! Thank the gods that we have turf to practice on this year, as our home pitch is grass an we "used" to practice on gravel,... But thats what you get for living in the Ozarks of the fraser valley,... Will be a good match with the two prospective 1/2nd place teams:p playing each other first game of the season,... Any predictions?:confused: lol! Lemme guess,... 3-0 Pan/Aldy???

Prediction? Of course :D Probably like 6 or 7 nil :D I think both teams will still be ironing out the kinks, our D seems pretty solid already so I'd say 2-0 PAU.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're missing two of our best players for this match through suspension carrying over from last year... and our starting keeper is still rehabbing his knee that was surgerized... so I'll not make any predictions just yet :)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
Adam wasn't in net, Aldy Prem has a new keeper young kid who looks pretty good.
They stole missions keeper I believe, and yeah he is young. Young as in going into grade 12 this September lol.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also do you (Peace Arch Nom) share a field with anyone?

Do you mean with the club? I don't think so. Other clubs that play out of SSAP might like Semi girls, PASC youth, South Surrey FC and White Rock Utd?
The entire PAU mens program that plays Saturdays have games one after another... i think the Prem guys go at 2:30, Div 1 at 4:30, then us on the turf at 6:30. I believe the masters teams go Sunday and Fridays...
Our home games are Saturdays at 6:30 PM... Our Training is a shared turf with our Masters guys IIRC. First one is tonight as our permits for the grass are over as of today.

Happy September everyone! :wa:

Footy season is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0