Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weather sucks ass...

It seems like every time we get one of these flash snowstorms it happens when we are hosting a game at SSAP, and the snow is gone in less than 24 hours...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're full of shite.

We were there till 6:30 and yes, it was getting a dusting, but you could still see the lines etc.

I was there at 4:45 and got an email at 5pm from the field scheduler saying the City of Surrey closed the fields... I called Thomas and he wasn't too happy as I'm standing in 1 18 yard box and could see the box markings at the opposite side of the field...

I had called Thomas prior to that at 5:00 and told him what I saw, he he agreed that we leave it to the refs discretion...then the email and phone calls started in telling me the city closed the fields... If anyone is to blame it's the city and their crappy crystal ball...They should have closed the fields at noon had they perceived a problem.

Had we got out there and warmed up and started playing nothing else would have stuck/accumulated.

If you were there at or before 5:30 why didn't you come down and say hi to the 6 or 7 of us there on the field?

I was on the phone with Ahmad twice before 5:30 anyways keeping him in the loop.

There were kids there playing at 4:30 with nothing on the field...why would they have called the game!?

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you called Ahamd but I was so close ( Starbucks ) mmm Starbucks that I came over anyways. Didn't see anybody practicing but like I said... field 9?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmm starbucks... ;)

Yes, Field 10 (was scheduled to be a Youth Game) had 8 to 10 guys playing flag football on it,
Field 9 (The new turf, for our game) had a dad and son playing pass in 1 18 yard box and me walking around pushing the mini nets off the field and putting the corner flags out, getting the change rooms opened up and clean for our 2 teams, etc etc etc.

You should have come down and said Hi. It would have been nice to have a pint with you elbowroom.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad i took a pic then.I'll sent it to your email. I think this was field 9???

Yeah, that field in the pic was #8 elbow. #9 was the one to the right.

This weather sucks ass...

It seems like every time we get one of these flash snowstorms it happens when we are hosting a game at SSAP, and the snow is gone in less than 24 hours...

Yeah, was unfortunate got cancelled. I thought these things were left at the discretion of the clubs. At least they could have done was make their decision quicker. Anyways in hindsight, it actually might have been better to call it off as snow was coming down pretty hard around 8 and the drive back for those coming out from far distances would have been difficult.

No harm no foul, shite happens, just look Polska is posting. :)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now you're out to lunch. Wrong guy idiot. But I'm gonna bet you never want to meet me.

so .... next time i order from a quizno's i should be on the lookout for.........

let me guess 6'5 240 lbs and brown:rolleyes:

guess what? 5'11 205 lbs polish and stupid

it was a fuking joke ... take it deal with it move on...

Sincerlery,

the guy who is banned from the vmsl for stabbing an opponent with the corner flag:(

P.s thx for laugh, internet threats make my day.. and if i hurt your feelings i am sorry.. would it make things better if i put a heart / like beside your post?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, that field in the pic was #8 elbow. #9 was the one to the right.

Yeah, was unfortunate got cancelled. I thought these things were left at the discretion of the clubs. At least they could have done was make their decision quicker. Anyways in hindsight, it actually might have been better to call it off as snow was coming down pretty hard around 8 and the drive back for those coming out from far distances would have been difficult.

No harm no foul, shite happens, just look Polska is posting. :)

There's not too much that could have been done earlier though. I went to the field just before 3 when I got off work and they field had 2 mini games on it and it was raining lightly. I figured we'd be going for sure, and there's no way anyone would have said fields closed at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0