Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div 1 Champions - Preseason Poll

Who will be the FVSL Div 1 Champions for '08/'09

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, here we go, let's see who is the favoured to take this seasons title in your mind.

Vote for your pick as Div1 Champion or tell us who you think will win the title.

If there's other serious contenders please let me know and i'll add them......maybe.

Good luck to all......in beating Dewdney United. :)

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yoda is this just choose for the team that you play on..or is this for real, cause you kinda chose your own team so i was just wondering.....cause the poll said whos gonna win the league....thought you read it wrong...later

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know everyone thinks there team is going to win the league, but this is a serious vote for who you think could honestly take the title.
If you think your team has a chance then vote for them

My guess is that most teams have a good idea where they stand and whether they actually have a chance or not so not everyone will vote for themselves.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm know it won't be us so I'm going with Port Moody, I think they've learned from last year and won't bottle their season.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Port Moody and Dewdney united competing for the title with Mission yes Mission as my dark horse. Dewd's play on grass which is a huge advantage to them, the young bucks can't play the quick game so easily on grass and I think they play quite a few top teams at home. Mission is young full of talent, fast and play on grass and who the fukc is getting a full team out to mission at 4pm on sunday. Athletics,NDFC and POCO to round out the top 6

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers win it all with ease, Big Stoned Wall to keep the doors shut at the back for the new very fit team.
How about BigZ, is bootcamp working?

hos

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's with the NDFC guys playing the rope-a-dope?

nothing more than Dedney and the Strikers are doing to each other. No one thinks it's going to be 8 guys vs a team with no keeper, no defenders and no strikers, and IS21.

NDFC will be just fine with all of Mr. Gaull's hand me downs.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year Dewdney started slow but picked it up later. finished 5th
This year they will not start slow and will win the league.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Gunners are my pick. NDFC are very good as are Dewdney. with GEU, Mission and Athletic in the top six.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude honestly it is no "rope a dope" we have had on average 7-8 guys at training all summer. Most of the time that included 3-4 regular starters. Needless to say this schedule was the last thing our team needed. I know it may be a lot to ask but if teams are only playing once it would be nice to see the top 5 teams from last year playing each other a little further into the season. If we had 10 teams it wouldn't be an issue because teams get 2 shots at teams, 1 home 1 away. Right now the schedule plays a huge role, we play out in Pitt meadows twice, mission and Port moody while some other teams barely travel(I realize those 4 teams travel more then most). I don't know how it is for other teams but we seem to get way less players for those travel games. last year we got the benefit of a good schedule playing a lot of mid-pack teams early and didn't do much travel and I think it played a major role in where we finished. Call it bitching but really 10 teams makes the quality of play higher, the schedule even and gives a chance for a little rivalry.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever.

You showed your cards here:

we have had on average 7-8 guys at training all summer

You trained in the summer. 'Nuff said. We started two weeks ago, and won't be fully fit till beginning of October, and at that, it is old man fit, not young buck fit like you guys still are.

I think our pre-season training is typical of the top 10 teams. If you've had 7 guys training all summer, and 4 are starters, you'll be more than fine.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever.

You showed your cards here:

You trained in the summer. 'Nuff said. We started two weeks ago, and won't be fully fit till beginning of October, and at that, it is old man fit, not young buck fit like you guys still are.

I think our pre-season training is typical of the top 10 teams. If you've had 7 guys training all summer, and 4 are starters, you'll be more than fine.

being fit only gets you soo far if you cant pass a ball.... moody has been training for a while with like 18 guys i herd....so they will be flying outta the gates....if you wanna win the league you need to go out early with the boys..we just get nobody there....my prediction....we struggle for a bit....no rope-a-dope.....still waiting for gualls "hand me downs" i never knew we were getting any....thanks knvbhysjd...whatever it is.......later folks...

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nothing more than Dedney and the Strikers are doing to each other. No one thinks it's going to be 8 guys vs a team with no keeper, no defenders and no strikers, and IS21.

NDFC will be just fine with all of Mr. Gaull's hand me downs.

Ok. No more BS. We had 17 guys at training Tues. night and it turns out we will be fielding a strong team this weekend even though the game change did cause us to lose 3 starters. I expect us to get out to a good start with what seems like a good schedule for us.

JTL

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok. No more BS. We had 17 guys at training Tues. night and it turns out we will be fielding a strong team this weekend even though the game change did cause us to lose 3 starters. I expect us to get out to a good start with what seems like a good schedule for us.

JTL

Crap :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0