Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div. 1 MOTW week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, considering we scored one goal, and you didn't...yes, I'd say we deserved it.

And nobody broke your leg this time. So you can't use that as an excuse.

Now, if you'd scored 2 goals to our 1, I'd say you had deserved it.

I know, crazy, crazy logic.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, considering we scored one goal, and you didn't...yes, I'd say we deserved it.

And nobody broke your leg this time. So you can't use that as an excuse.

Now, if you'd scored 2 goals to our 1, I'd say you had deserved it.

I know, crazy, crazy logic.

If that is your logic, why say anything?
The result would speak for itself...

I'll also say we deserved the result.
Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you angry because there was no bar-b-q? Cold change rooms?

Fil- I woke up this morning and said to myself, "I will greet this day with love in my heart." Positive affirmations are wonderful.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you angry because there was no bar-b-q? Cold change rooms?

Now that you have mentioned it....Yes, I was kinda pissed that there was no BBQ.
Poor hosting IMO.

Especially after all the talk about Turduckens

Re: Cold Change Rooms
Not sure what you are talking about....we just let the hot showers run all night, and heat the room.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even being a Ranger can't get you in on a Turducken Z. Hell, even this year we only had one honorary guest outside the Athletics, and that was a former Athletic who had been unable to attend the two previous years. But, yes, we did shinny the bar-b-q. Should have, could have, fcuk off, I'm busy.

irish rover

Aug 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about 25-2 in the shot department but you definitly out shot us that's forsure. I wish we could score moreon only 2 chances.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And that is the point. If you're counting chances- real, legit chances- the Rangers earn a very slight edge. We're talking 4-3, maybe. The lion's share of chances came outside 20 yards, all shots to IR's gut.

Yet, you forget a missed opportunity by Langley on a clear header about 10 minutes in, and a Langley free kick rung off the crossbar at about 25 minutes. We scored at about 30 minutes on a low shot outside 20 yards, one I bet Walls wants back- but that's the way she goes sometimes.

So...yeah, give me a break. Anybody watching that game saw mostly Athletic possession in the 1st half, and Athletics trying to hold a lead in a deffensive shell for the final 25 minuts. Wow- big shocker there. One team takes a lead and tries to hold on. Man-o-man...would never predict that sort of pattern in a 1-0 game.

Don't try and dress this up..it was an ugly game both ways, and- as pretty much anyone could predict- it took only one goal to decide it.

We're happy to be on the earned side of the 3 points.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

I would expect you to understand the Rangers by now. They don't play ugly soccer, the rest of us do. When they lose,they deserved to win,or would have won had they played as they usually do. This formula has gotten them 4th place for what the last 4 years. The only thing I am still trying to figure out is the correlation between 4th place and still being the best....still learning

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
The only thing I am still trying to figure out is the correlation between 4th place and still being the best....still learning

That comes from other teams....
Like yours who continually use BEST and Rangers in the same sentence.

If you look at my post from about 7-8 weeks ago....
I said the best team in Div 1 is ACBC.

Getting back to the game....All I said was that to say the Athletics deserved the win is a pis take.
I think the final 15 miuntes was not just played in their half, but inside the 18 yard box. We had shots deflecting off of players A$$'s, shins, legs...etc.
I think at one point we had 6-7 successive corners.
If we could have hit one of our five free-kicks (within 25 yrds) like you guys did....the game might have been tied on that alone.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so let's see if I get this straight Pinnochio...team "A"is defending a lead. As they do this, guys throw their bodies in front of shots created by team "R", thereby "blocking" the shots, thereby negating the "chance" you describe.

You had one quality chance in the 15 minutes. None that actually took anyone's breath away. Meaning, Mackers made some saves, but none I'd call spectacular, just routine. He did not steal the game for us, but he was solid. Stood on the 18 and made sure he was in possition to let your shots hit his gut.

Christ Z, you lost. You deserved to lose because one shot hit the back of your net, and none hit the back of ours. Yes, you played a lot of the final 15 in and around our 18, but no credit to the guys that actually limited you to virtually no chances allowed.

That's called a 1-0 game. BTW- the goal came off open play, not a free kick. Try and pay attention.

And, no..there were maybe 10 corners all game. We had about 4 consecutive in the 1st at one point...you know, in that 10 minute span camped in your box.

So, somewhere there is about a 5 minute imbalance of you camping an extra 5 in our box. But, you know, the great equalizer, the one shot that went behind your goal line..I figure that is worth 6 minutes. And, that one (1) extra minute gives us the edge.

I know this makes sense, because it is written in your terms.

Call it what it was...an ugly, mucker's game that you ended up on the wrong side of. Really, it wasn't any more spectacular than that, and you guys (or us guys) were not any prettier than that. You are trying to dress it up for more than it was, and sorry to say, your nose is growing.

Yes, that's possible.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we could have hit one of our five free-kicks (within 25 yrds) like you guys did....the game might have been tied on that alone.

Pay attention.

You hit a free kick, a nice one off the cross bar. If we hit one of our five as nice as the Athletics, the game may have been tied on that alone.

Christ Z, you lost. You deserved to lose because one shot hit the back of your net, and none hit the back of ours.
Again, if you take that mentality, than saying:
I'll also say we deserved the result.
would be moot. No?

team "A"is defending a lead. As they do this, guys throw their bodies in front of shots created by team "R", thereby "blocking" the shots, thereby negating the "chance" you describe.

So, team R shoots, and as it about to enter the goal it hits Team A's A$$ and goes out for a corner.
Was there no oppurtunity to score there? No Chance to score? Seriously.

CReally, it wasn't any more spectacular than that, and you guys (or us guys) were not any prettier than that. You are trying to dress it up for more than it was, and sorry to say, your nose is growing.

Who said anything about being prettier?
I think you are reffering to what Bulljive keeps talking about.....
So you cant say my nose is growing.....my A$$...well...its to take away chances:rolleyes:

So, in conclusion:
Pay Attention.

......and get a frigin BBQ.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, if that's how you count legit chances, the game was in our favor. Before this sublime 15 minutes of box time (mmmmmmmmm...box...Dude likes box) you write about, we had several quality "chances" Stoned Wall made easy saves off. I doubt he'd call those chances, since they didn't threaten him for a goal.

Same with blocking shots with asses. If it does not get through and threaten the keeper for a goal, it really isn't a chance, is it?

And you know what? The bar-b-q? We have one. That's right. Locked in the green bin on the North end of the pitch. Fact is, we CHOSE not to bring it out Saturday night.

That's right.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's right. Locked in the green bin on the North end of the pitch. Fact is, we CHOSE not to bring it out Saturday night.

That's right.

FYI - The bin is blue. The Green bin is Langley Youths and has lime, a field liner and pinnies. I am sure Dino can make something productive out of that lot though.

FYI2 - Your BBQ is out of Gas.

Good win though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0