Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

Yes, we bottled two breakaways (myself), hit the crossbar twice, the post twice and missed a pk. Having said that, the Strikers are a good young team and a lot better than we expected. They ran all day and missed a few good chances themselves. At the end of the day we are happy to come from behind and get 3 points of a lucky game winner. I predict the Strikers in the upper mid pack.

Well Done.

JTL

It was a good game, have to say thanks to the D2 Peg Rangers, as we had to call up 4 of them to play, which meant back-to-backs for them. At half I figured missing our D wouldn't cost us as we were up, but then the 2 games in a row started to take it's toll on the call ups and our the makeshift back line started to fail. It was a good wake-up call and we expect to be much better next week.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was a good game, have to say thanks to the D2 Peg Rangers, as we had to call up 4 of them to play, which meant back-to-backs for them. At half I figured missing our D wouldn't cost us as we were up, but then the 2 games in a row started to take it's toll on the call ups and our the makeshift back line started to fail. It was a good wake-up call and we expect to be much better next week.

You guys will do just fine in D1 this year. This was the first time I've ever really seen your team play but having played youth soccer with a few of the guys, you guys are fast and hard working like i expected. Im sure your team will play a more complete game with your full line up. Good luck the rest of the way!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

You guys will do just fine in D1 this year. This was the first time I've ever really seen your team play but having played youth soccer with a few of the guys, you guys are fast and hard working like i expected. Im sure your team will play a more complete game with your full line up. Good luck the rest of the way!

Were you one of the guys that helped out? If so, thanks, we needed it. With all the injuries we've been picking up I'm sure we'll be calling again.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know the TSA Royals record was pretty bad... But they always hungaround in there games vs the gunners in the last 3 years we've played them. They were a very strongd2 team from what i remember.... I kno Dude remembers, it was the last time they finished ahead of us. And it will remain the last time ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice work Dewdney Sounds like it might be a better start than last year.
Wish i hadn't missed the opener.......and the second as well.

~Yoda in Disneyland

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No worries I'm sure Yoda without you there.
You've always been a Mickey Mouse player anyway...

But Minnie's hot I must say...:D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

im suprised no1 has commented on how we lost to the team that finished 2nd from bottom last year, after apperntly being the better of the div 2 teams coming up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There's a fair jump from Div. 2 to Div. 1. You shouldn't be surprised.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

im suprised no1 has commented on how we lost to the team that finished 2nd from bottom last year, after apperntly being the better of the div 2 teams coming up.

That PAU team was not as bad as there record was, and I think they'll have a much better year this year and avoid relegation.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think Jimmy was saying he was surprised that 'no1' has commented on the loss.
The good laugh that it is.
But, I'm sure Jimmy's surprised with the jump nonetheless.

Kind of like how you and that pussy Utah will be 'surprised' when you go to Masters.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

There's a fair jump from Div. 2 to Div. 1. You shouldn't be surprised.

We played a team (Dewdney) that everyone has been projecting to be in the top 3 missing 5 starters and it took a last minute goal to snatch the points from us. Based on the fact most on here figured we'd get humped 5 or 6 nil I'd say the jump's not too fair. I would say realistically a top D2 team will compete in the top half, but will need a year to get used to the opposing talent, and learn to not shite the bed and blow a 2-1 lead with 15 to go :mad:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We played a team (Dewdney) that everyone has been projecting to be in the top 3 missing 5 starters and it took a last minute goal to snatch the points from us. Based on the fact most on here figured we'd get humped 5 or 6 nil I'd say the jump's not too fair. I would say realistically a top D2 team will compete in the top half, but will need a year to get used to the opposing talent, and learn to not shite the bed and blow a 2-1 lead with 15 to go :mad:

The chances we missed - it should have been a thumping. Just be thankful it was respectable. Everyone is missing players - we were missing 3 starters and two of our starters out there were playing hurt. Excuses, excuses. Bottom line you should have been finished after 25 minutes. We had an off day on our finishing and you were the lucky recipients. Having said that, I don't think you'll be fighting for relegation like a lot of newly promoted teams do.

Mission Boy, no one is surprised because no one rates your team.

JTL

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The chances we missed - it should have been a thumping. Just be thankful it was respectable. Everyone is missing players - we were missing 3 starters and two of our starters out there were playing hurt. Excuses, excuses. Bottom line you should have been finished after 25 minutes. We had an off day on our finishing and you were the lucky recipients. Having said that, I don't think you'll be fighting for relegation like a lot of newly promoted teams do.

Mission Boy, no one is surprised because no one rates your team.

JTL

Someone should reread their own post before talking about excuses:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think Jimmy was saying he was surprised that 'no1' has commented on the loss.
The good laugh that it is.
But, I'm sure Jimmy's surprised with the jump nonetheless.

Kind of like how you and that pussy Utah will be 'surprised' when you go to Masters.

We may be surprised at how little net there is to shoot at on the days you play in between the pipes. The lacross goalie affect will be a bit of a shock.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shouldn't you want to actually be a good football team in order to enjoy playing better football?

You weren't a good team over the last two years...what makes you think you will all of a sudden be good, especially now that there aren't any silver platters? You may earn promotion out of Div. 3, but will be right back to where you belong indeffinitely- wallowing around playing div. 2 football, as you should have been here in the Valley.

Someone sounds a little bitter. My apologies you suck c@ck for a living. If you got the cum out of your eye's you'd see I never said we'd "all of a sudden be good," I said we had an opportunity to move into a league that plays better soccer. It's true our last two seasons weren't the best, not going to give excuses. Regardless, it just made more sense for us as a team. The goal is to be in a better league, even if we as a team are stuck in div.3 for a season or two.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Someone sounds a little bitter. My apologies you suck c@ck for a living. If you got the cum out of your eye's you'd see I never said we'd "all of a sudden be good," I said we had an opportunity to move into a league that plays better soccer. It's true our last two seasons weren't the best, not going to give excuses. Regardless, it just made more sense for us as a team. The goal is to be in a better league, even if we as a team are stuck in div.3 for a season or two.

Honestly that makes no sense at all. Your team never accomplished being more then a mid-lower div 1 team. How does it make sense to say we need to find better soccer. Div 3 and div 2 VMSL is not better then div 1 in the valley.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Too funny. The biggest misconception around here is that the VMSL lower divisions are any better than ours. Its a stupid argument to start with outside the Premier comparisons. Its popular to say "the VMSL 1st division is as good as FVSL Premier". Well, it wasn't many years ago when I played in Vancouver, and I'm told by one of my ASS's that the year they moved from Valley Prem to VMSL 1st, they had a relatively easy time winning promotion, even though they were mid level FVSL Premier at the time.

Anyhow, good luck on your quest to somehow become better, and thank you for making our division a little bit better by losing a bunch of dope heads.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Someone should reread their own post before talking about excuses:D

A team that wins does not need excuses - making a point that teams are missing players all year long, that is part of mens soccer. The truth is it could have been a humping but wasn't and at the end of the day, the 3 points is all that matters.

Now fack off Franny and go back to your shite team.

JTL

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Were you one of the guys that helped out? If so, thanks, we needed it. With all the injuries we've been picking up I'm sure we'll be calling again.

Yeah i was..im just coming off a four month long injury so i'll play as much as possible..And I wouldn't say "it should have been a thumping" like JTL said..they probly deserved the win but it wasn't a one-sided match at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0