Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For my vote - the two best footballing teams we've played this season are Poco City FC and Abby in that order. My bet is on Abby to win the division with their games in hand.

Anyone know what the promotion/relegation setup is this year?

steve

Mar 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost the game due to a penalty shot in the last 30 seconds.

The standing water on the field didn't help either team.

A very disappointing match for us, as we lead for 70 minutes.

I am looking forward to viewing the Gunners and Mariners play

Ryno

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ace said:
Easy, we played in a storm, and our field was flooded. We led 1-0 the whole game, dominated them but couldnt hit the net for the rest of the game. Then with about ten minutes left they got a lucky one because of our chitty south end ( which was a lake) and then they scored on a PK with no time left. The weather conditions evened the match and any other day it wouldn't have been close. That being said.......(with the exception to the Surrey game) we have played down to our competition the whole year, it's frustrating that we only get up for the good teams. Oh well, we had better think highly of the PoCo team or we are in trouble.

Funny, you didn't state how you scored your one (and only) goal. I'll give you a chance to describe how beautiful that one was. Pretty sure it was the same weather for us and we scored two. I sure do feel bad for your poor defender too. Must have been hard for him to "lower" himself to a level that caused him to haul a striker down in the box. Did we cause your keeper to "play down" a level when he dove the wrong way, or was it the weather that made that happen? Think of some better excuses. because I'm not buying into any of the ones you used.

Ace

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryno said:
Funny, you didn't state how you scored your one (and only) goal. I'll give you a chance to describe how beautiful that one was. Pretty sure it was the same weather for us and we scored two. I sure do feel bad for your poor defender too. Must have been hard for him to "lower" himself to a level that caused him to haul a striker down in the box. Did we cause your keeper to "play down" a level when he dove the wrong way, or was it the weather that made that happen? Think of some better excuses. because I'm not buying into any of the ones you used.

Wow, touchy, yes you are ranked 13th in the league and we are in the top 5 (13 is lower than 5, it's simple math, we played down to you). You can't say that you carried any of the play at all. Both 1st goals for each team were shite because of the field. And I don't know about you but stopping pk's in soccer isn't really an exact science and can't be used as an indicator for how good or bad one has played a game. You stole the game, good for you, we've done that to a few teams this year. The only difference is that we aren't dillusional when it comes to how the games were actually played. How many shots did you have before the goal you scored in the muck?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did the Chilliwack team huddle outside of the changeroom ten minutes before kick off and goad you out??? "Warriors, come out and play!"

Ryno

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ace said:
Wow, touchy, yes you are ranked 13th in the league and we are in the top 5 (13 is lower than 5, it's simple math, we played down to you). You can't say that you carried any of the play at all. Both 1st goals for each team were shite because of the field. And I don't know about you but stopping pk's in soccer isn't really an exact science and can't be used as an indicator for how good or bad one has played a game. You stole the game, good for you, we've done that to a few teams this year. The only difference is that we aren't dillusional when it comes to how the games were actually played. How many shots did you have before the goal you scored in the muck?

We carried the play at least twice (which was enough to win). The stat of possession means nothing, its how many goals go in the back of the net (2 is more than 1...simple math).

I will be the first to congratulate you on a great season of play. You guys are definitely doing something right. However, excuses besides not scoring more goals than the other team are simply excuses. To think your shite don't stink and that anyone with a lower points standing than you means victory, than, to me, that is the first step towards losing a game.

If I am wrong and your first post is true, than other teams take note. To beat Aldergrove in the future, get them wet, add some fans to simulate wind, and let them carry the play all game. This will cause them to play down to your level and lose.

All I'm saying is give credit where credit is due and excuses are just excuses.

Good luck the rest of the year

Long Ball

Oct 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 - 1 Poco Raiders over Tsawwassen Royals.

Rangers will feast on these guys when they play them.

I'm sure the Royals will enjoy Div 2 much more next year.

Reece

Sep 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 Abbotsford over Pomo

Was a really good game. Abby scored first with a great free kick from the top of the 18. Then went up 2-0 before half with a good run from one of their players going around our D. We got a goal in the first five minutes of the 2nd half to close the gap, but they scored once more off a another superb free kick this time going far post. Game went back and forth for the rest of the game, but it was a great game to watch and play in.

Wouldn't mind playing Abby every weekend to be honest.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reece said:
3-1 Abbotsford over Pomo

Was a really good game. Abby scored first with a great free kick from the top of the 18. Then went up 2-0 before half with a good run from one of their players going around our D. We got a goal in the first five minutes of the 2nd half to close the gap, but they scored once more off a another superb free kick this time going far post. Game went back and forth for the rest of the game, but it was a great game to watch and play in.

Wouldn't mind playing Abby every weekend to be honest.

Agreed...Great game, 2 weeks in a row for me to say it...best team we have played against all year.

We were unlucky to be a couple more up at half time....then got lucky a couple times in the 2nd half. (they hit the post, then we cleared it off the line!!!)

Looks like beat Dewdney next week, and we win the league :wa:

I wish i could quote some of those messages from the start of the season that said we were going to be rubbish...and the complaints that we were not going to be good enought to play at this level. Who's feet are in who's mouths now :confused:

BTW: Thanks Chilli for the result last week against aldergrove.

Are we only playing 17 games for the season? Is aldergrove done? What is happening....Anyone know??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/2 Pint: folks around these parts have short memories, so you have to take the opportunity for a "told-ya-so" once in a while.

I- for one- wholeheartedly supported the Gunners and Abby being brought up. Gunners for the way they played last year (would have been a waste in talent leaving them in 2nd), and Abby for the youth reputation, and for the same reason- let's not waste the talent.

For years now some of us old valley loyalists have been predicting a shift in the power from the VMSL to FVSL. It would seem inevitable, with the Valley growing so fast w/ young families, some great clubs w/ professional coaching, etc. Abby and Port Moody are two of these clubs.

So, IMO, the sooner this talent can earn it's way into Premier, and start pushing the older talent down, the better.

As for the rest of the silver platter promotions, I disagreed then, and still disagree. Our easier games this year have been against the "silver platter" promoted teams, with the exception of Gunners and Abby. That being said, the cream of the crop has risen to the top. PAU and Poco certainly proved that they deserved being brought up, based on results. Full credit to Big Wind Bag for turning around what looked to be a shitty club last year- two respectable placing in the top two divisions. He had to put up or shut-up, and he did.

The three teams that look to be on their way to demotion probably deserve it, too.

So, 1/2 Pint, you look to be on your way up. I hope you have a plan in place for next year to bring in more full time talent, because you won't be able to get by like you did this year being short staffed and relying on call-ups. For your sake, I hope some of that University talent is graduating, and can commit full time to you next season. That stated, early best wished for you guys.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/2 Pint...as to your question on the games...I think that considering you are in the promotion hunt you will need to play all your 18. Some of us in no-man's land may get cancelled (hope not).

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play DFC this week, it will be good to see some of the boys again. It should be a good match, it doesnt look like you guys have lost in the second half of the season. Cant wait. Hows the field looking (Pitt Athletic)?...............Pints after the game???

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game out in Whalley.. as stated by several involved. I am going to go out on a limb and guess thats how a good premier level is played, and i cant believe any other team in div 1 has kept up with them to be honest, I know the Gunners haven't played a more intense game at that level and speed this season. Unfortunate the game was decided on set plays, but cant really dispute the calls. Only complaint against the ref was the late yellow card handed out to the pomo defender... after Abby kicked/punted/threw the ball away anytime a foul was called against them goes unnoticed, our player kicked the ball against the fence (a total of 4 feet) and gets a yellow...

moving on.. any idea if Aldergrove wants to move up? i understand they are in the same position we are with a team already in premier.. anyone hear whats happening if more then one club wants in?

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch13 said:
moving on.. any idea if Aldergrove wants to move up? i understand they are in the same position we are with a team already in premier.. anyone hear whats happening if more then one club wants in?

I am not sure if they want to move up but I was talking to an offical with FVSL and he informed me that you are allowed to have two teams in premier there is nothing in the constitution that states other wise.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mariners VS DFC was changed from Saturday noon to Friday at 7
Where is Westview Turf?

Is next weeks game all make ups? Or also week 18 fixtures...Does anyone know what is going on?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/2 PINT said:
Mariners VS DFC was changed from Saturday noon to Friday at 7
Where is Westview Turf?

Is next weeks game all make ups? Or also week 18 fixtures...Does anyone know what is going on?

It's right in the center of Maple Ridge. Once you get into Maple Ridge, get on Dewdney and follow it till you get to Laity Street turn right on Laity, and then take your first left onto Wicklund Ave and the school is on your right. Or just do the easier thing and hitch a ride with FVcascade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0