Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, cut to the chase...are we going to have to run or not? We may have to play Poco this weekend, and collectively, we're not fit. In fact, Utah was wearing a big yellow shirt on Saturday, and some lady yelled out: "TAXI".

True story.

Although, our backs are nice and strong from shovelling.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 1] Results & banter - Nov 06'

screecher said:
The poco city U21 team has more up and coming Div 1 / Prem players than any of the other U21 teams in the league.

Yes...so it is a good thing that the Schedule is creative enough to allow these players to be available for call-up to D1 / Premier etc... .... It sucks when club teams have game times that conflict....;)

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
OK, cut to the chase...are we going to have to run or not? We may have to play Poco this weekend, and collectively, we're not fit. In fact, Utah was wearing a big yellow shirt on Saturday, and some lady yelled out: "TAXI".

True story.

Although, our backs are nice and strong from shovelling.
I could see that!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since our game vs PAU Div 1 (PAK CUP) was cancelled...
why doesnt the league try and schedule a make up game?

Nov 19 06 NP Division One Abbotsford Mariners - - - Surrey FC Rangers
Nov 26 06 NP Division One Columbia Bearcats - - - Surrey FC Rangers
Dec 03 06 NP Division One Surrey FC Rangers - - - TWU Titans
Dec 10 06 NP Division One Tsawwassen Royals - - - Surrey FC Rangers

Some of these teams may be playing...not sure

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want the job of League Scheduler, your hired, to start today.

But please no games this weekend you bastard.

You take a little abuse, but its a fun job.

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
You want the job of League Scheduler, your hired, to start today.

But please no games this weekend you bastard.

You take a little abuse, but its a fun job.

hos

I think White SHoes would be better at it...but what do you care?
We could schedule a game everyday of the week and you would find an excuse not to show for every one.

Seriously though.

Scheduling isnt a new thing

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Z,

What I don't get is ... when the Rangers are short guys, it's "game on" for the first scheduled PAU vs. Rangers Pak game.

Now that PAU is going to be short guys (and we're good to go), the rescheduled game is "game off".

Wtf?

But yeah, it'd be nice to get a game in this weekend. Right now, this season is looking like it won't finish until May!!!

-Bollocks.

A

angrylad

Bollocks said:
Z,

What I don't get is ... when the Rangers are short guys, it's "game on" for the first scheduled PAU vs. Rangers Pak game.

Now that PAU is going to be short guys (and we're good to go), the rescheduled game is "game off".

Wtf?

But yeah, it'd be nice to get a game in this weekend. Right now, this season is looking like it won't finish until May!!!

-Bollocks.

WTF is right - seems to me that certain teams can get their games rescheduled at the drop of a hat - all you need is someone from the executive pulling the strings. This is absolute bullsh*t. If you are short players, tough sh%t - you should be forced to play.
The FVSL in my opinion has become less than fair, and totally biased towards some teams. Why are the Rangers and PAU allowed to reschedule whenever they feel like it? Going to Mexico? - let's reschedule. Short of players? - let's reschedule. This is turning the FVSL into a fu*king joke.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Langley Athletics over Poco Reserves last night down at MAP.

Couldn't have been a pretty game to watch. We had a very depleted line-up out, and played the type of game we needed to to slow down their attack and create a couple of opportunities of our own. We went up 2-0 in the first, and were sitting on that in the second. Our strikers also missed 3 sitters in the 2nd, so that, combined with the lack of possession, meant that eventually one of their forays into our end would pay off. With about 10 to go the got their goal, but that was about it for the night.

Good to see Krazy Mexi out. They call him Taco, but with that mop it should really be Taco Salad.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks said:

-Bollocks.

May? That would be nice. Unfortunately most people lose their fields in March or so.... there WILL be some teams this season that cannot complete all their games due to the weather and cancellations.

Regarding Make up games, you can sit around and wait for the league to schedule you, or you can simply contact the other team and make your own arrangements. In fact it is actually the HOME Teams responsibility to do this IMO. Email the league a list of available field times.

Pretty simple, Aldergrove had no game this weekend, WE had no game this weekend... simple email to the league and we have a game. So take some responsibility, check the schedules and find time to get the games in..... Or simply wait, and wait and wait..

BTW: We are more than willing to play two games in a weekend if any of you want to put together a make up game. (Sporting or Whalley United).

Anyhow, off to play Aldergrove today with the last 4 weeks off, only to have 3 more weeks off for Christmas.....

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 4-0 COLUMBIA

Big win for GEU today going into the Christmas break. GEU controlled most of the game, but to Columbia's credit they only had 10 men, but still played hard and didn't give up, took a lucky goal for GEU to get going but after that it became mostly a shooting gallery. Columbia's keeper played well keeping our attack to only 4 goals. Hats off to our keeper aswell who made some big saves when he was needed, as Columbia caught us on the counter attack a few times, with our keeper comming up big. Good hard game by both teams and a classy performance by Columbia, nice to play against a team that will play hard but isn't affraid to have a laugh too.

Cheers Cascade

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALDERGROVE 2 - LUFC DYNAMO 1

Dissappointing loss, we were too weak in the 1st half and did not generate ANY chances. Went down 1-Nil but we really turned it around in the 2nd half. Aldergrove scored to go up 2-nil when we were pushing hard but we countered that with about 20 minutes to go. We had a ton of chances, 2-3 bouncing around in the 6 that we could not finish. Their keeper stopped a couple somehow....

I Hope everyone has a wonderfull and safe Christmas Break. See you all in January!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
warrior14 said:
warriors 2-1 over dynahomos. shoulda been 7-2. it's lonley up here at the top. that's for rory

Get used to being alone. Not at the top, just alone because you are a tool. You guys might have a chance of making some friends once you have bus service to Cloverdale... That is the only other town that I can think of that sits like a turd in between two cities, calling neither one of them home but stinking up both borders.

Funny Vagina Metaphor Removed from this location in post due to my conscience.

On a similar note, I bought a new Shitter and the installation instructions said "Flush twice, it's a long way to Aldergrove".

See you in about the middle of the pack in about 9 Weeks or sooner.

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, that is not so bad I guess. but did he go to the doctor or was it one of those self diagnosed report after a 12 pack? smile9.gif

and that mop on my head chicks dig it! havent met one that does, but they dig it!:knvb:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
No break but should be out for 5 weeks.

Out 5 weeks? Wow how will he stay fit? Don't forget to edit your team list to reflect the non-activity over the christmas holidays.

Better yet, just fill in 200lbs for everyone, that should about cover.

PS: Ensure you have labeled Dude's hair colour as "Suave".......as in RICO.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Out 5 weeks? Wow how will he stay fit? Don't forget to edit your team list to reflect the non-activity over the christmas holidays.

Better yet, just fill in 200lbs for everyone, that should about cover.

PS: Ensure you have labeled Dude's hair colour as "Suave".......as in RICO.

After tonight's LUFC X-Mass dinner, that won't be far fetched.

On the menu: Turducken, deep fried turkey, roast pork, GRAVY GRAVY GRAVY, smoked salmon, halibut, curried beef samosas (Mrs. Dude's Mum's contibution), a bevy of potatoes, rice, curried black beans (another contribution from Momma Jaibun's kitchen), a very small portion of vegies nobody will touch, LOTSA WINE, LOTSA BEER, two turtle doves (deep fried), and a partridge on a rotating spit.

As of tomorrow, our name will be changed to FAT BASTARD FC.

Merry Christmas Everyone! Be safe, call a taxi, or in case of any PAU players, the Pride Bus.

Now fcuk off, I'm busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0