Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll give you my rendition later Bored.
It just sounds like you got what you asked for to me.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers 3 - Sporting 2

We won! It's weird, I'm not used to the winning feeling, although we almost gave it back to them. We tried some guys in different positions today to see if we could get something going. Sporting took it to us the first 10-15 while we tried to figure it out. Then we did. Rest of the half spent in the Sporting half with the odd counter attack going the other way, we finish 1-0. Second half more of the same, we get a 2-0 lead with about 25 to go. Then we make some stupid subs. First goal for Sporting with about 15 to go, they have a free kick. They call for a sub, we're waiting for the guy to leave the field, they kick it and score since we were waiting for the guy to leave the park and ref blow the whislte. Shitty goal to give up, but whatever. Then the new subs let a guy walk by him and score, it's now 2-2 in with 10 to go. We continue forward and miss some glorious chances, only to have Sporting get us back for their shitty goal. The Accountant as I'll call him, decides that after we miss a good cross that he's going to stop our player in the chest. Ref runs straight up and gives him a red and us a PK. Stupid foul, but our player has some wicked stud marks to show for it. We slot the PK, play for another 3 min and we win. Thank friggin god. I'll review in the morning as I'm kinda drunk, and may be wrong. Going to get drunker. We may stay in D1 after all :D

Rams/Knights won 1-0 over Sikh.....Next week it will be the Knight/Rams over the Whalley Strikers:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No real comment because I wasn't there...but did speak w/ Utah last nght, and it does ndeed sound like everyone can agree Phill lost the plot.

As for the offending player...if he'd been a repeat offender, different story, but for the 5 years I've played along side him and for the excellent friendship we've established, can find it in me to forgive him.

Bored...sorry to hear you were on the wrong side of the snapshow, but somehow I find it very hard to believe you had no part in winding 23 up.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll give you my rendition later Bored.
It just sounds like you got what you asked for to me.

I am curious to here what other rendition there is. I can't recall what I did to deserve any attention from 23, let alone the (2) things he did.

Winding guys up and pushing, punching, spitting and kicking shouldn't be related.

That is a coward. If guys are getting 3 and 4 game suspension for pushes and punches that guy should be gone at least 10 games. I'd kick him out for good and put him on report with BC soccer.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No real comment because I wasn't there...but did speak w/ Utah last nght, and it does ndeed sound like everyone can agree Phill lost the plot.

As for the offending player...if he'd been a repeat offender, different story, but for the 5 years I've played along side him and for the excellent friendship we've established, can find it in me to forgive him.

Bored...sorry to hear you were on the wrong side of the snapshow, but somehow I find it very hard to believe you had no part in winding 23 up.

That act of violence, and total disrespect for the game of soccer in general is unforgiveable. It was a good, physical game until that happened. I have never been involved in a game where one player destroys it as so. Why anyone would spit in another man's face is beyond me. That boy needs counselling. Big deal if Bored wound him up - its part of the game. Langley should be ashamed to have a player like that in their club. I will be writing a letter to the disciplinary committee demanding suspension for at least the remainder of the year if not more. The fact that this player karate kicked one of our players after the red card is very serious. He connected and what if he would have broken Bored's leg. The fact that you guys are defending him is even more embarrassing. #18, I think the players called him Hildebrant or something like that was defending him on the field - the rest of the team were shocked and humiliated. If this player doesn't get at least 20 games I don't think our team can play in the FVSL and will be going to Masters VMSL next year.

Lucky for #23 that Bored kept his cool and didn't knock him out. Bored is half the guys size but would have destroyed this total loser. Well done Bored, undeserved yellow.

JTL

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's not kid ourselves Phil is the worst ref in the fraser valley! Don't know him outside soccer but on the pitch he's terrible. I was told by another ref years ago that if you spit in another players face or at a ref your done for the year. I would assume the same now??? To kick a guy in the nuts also sounds like Langley has a loser on their hands. Take him off the roster for the rest of the year and respect for the Langley club will be awarded.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DYNAMO 5 - RAZORS 2.

Good game from us with callup Nomad keeper doing the back to back games. We played well, game was close in the 1st half with both teams trading goals. Dewdney battled hard but had to open up when we went ahead 3-2 and we finished off two late chances to finish the match of strongly. Good Clean game, interesting calls, but fair.

Dewd's stayed late and stuck it out like champs though.

Scoring for us from 5 different sources.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing deserves what this player did but I find it hard to believe that a player who has never done anything of this nature before(apparently) would go to this extent without being extremly provoked. I don't know Bored but from all accounts he seems like a kunt :D. I'm not excusing it because really there is nothing that can be said to warrent that, he would have been better off punching him in the face. The kick in the nuts after the red card is what gets me thats got to be it least 15-20 games.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing deserves what this player did but I find it hard to believe that a player who has never done anything of this nature before(apparently) would go to this extent without being extremly provoked. I don't know Bored but from all accounts he seems like a kunt :D. I'm not excusing it because really there is nothing that can be said to warrent that, he would have been better off punching him in the face. The kick in the nuts after the red card is what gets me thats got to be it least 15-20 games.

first sentence is gold

bulljive, do you work at the recycling depot?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That act of violence, and total disrespect for the game of soccer in general is unforgiveable. It was a good, physical game until that happened. I have never been involved in a game where one player destroys it as so. Why anyone would spit in another man's face is beyond me. That boy needs counselling. Big deal if Bored wound him up - its part of the game. Langley should be ashamed to have a player like that in their club. I will be writing a letter to the disciplinary committee demanding suspension for at least the remainder of the year if not more. The fact that this player karate kicked one of our players after the red card is very serious. He connected and what if he would have broken Bored's leg. The fact that you guys are defending him is even more embarrassing. #18, I think the players called him Hildebrant or something like that was defending him on the field - the rest of the team were shocked and humiliated. If this player doesn't get at least 20 games I don't think our team can play in the FVSL and will be going to Masters VMSL next year.

Lucky for #23 that Bored kept his cool and didn't knock him out. Bored is half the guys size but would have destroyed this total loser. Well done Bored, undeserved yellow.

JTL

Did I defend what he did? No. Am I going to tar and feather and abandon a good friend because he fcuked up? No. Fcuk you and anyone else who cares to estabish their opinion of me because of it.

Get off your high horse Jack. You're one of the last guys who should be speaking on respect for the game.

I'm sure he'll have the book thrown at him by the league. He'll have to deal w/ his teammates on an individual basis.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he was acting on Dude's behalf. Knowing his reputation, if Dude could be there he'd have done it all himself. Unfortunately i would have been the recipient i'm sure
Cnut.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did I defend what he did? No. Am I going to tar and feather and abandon a good friend because he fcuked up? No. Fcuk you and anyone else who cares to estabish their opinion of me because of it.

Get off your high horse Jack. You're one of the last guys who should be speaking on respect for the game.

I'm sure he'll have the book thrown at him by the league. He'll have to deal w/ his teammates on an individual basis.

I wasn't referring to you Dude as you weren't there. #18 and only #18 defended his actions to no end on the park. Nobody is expecting you to abandon your friend. shite happens in a game. Most of us have received our share of red cards, myself included but I have never seen a player attack another player after receiving a red card. You don't need to attack me personally because of this - you didn't even witness the event so how can you comment.

JTL

Manwich

Oct 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone bitter?

bitter about what? that we destroyed you 4-0 and that if you stay in div 1 we will destroy you again next year and you will continue to lose game after game, year after year, unless you get some talent on that team?

no, i'm not bitter, i'm mostly just laughing at you....and the fact that you guys thought you could compete in this division

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't think the Strikers were bad at all. They definately need to pick up a few players, probably a solid striker, and a few d-men but I think they'll do find next year if they're not relegated. For a young team they seemed to move and control the ball pretty well. I'm just a goalie though, what do I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0