Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was going to do a MOTW, but the games this weekend aren't that appealing. There are 2 relegation battles with us taking on Sporting and GEU Knights taking on Sikh Utd. Important games for our respective teams, but not sure how great they'd be :D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finish the year off strong boys!

Is a pro considered more experienced because we pay him? I would consider experience an earned right, doesnt matter what level.........I think it matters in regards to making the right decision in big games and the low games (not drop points); comes down to experience. eg. that have played in big games (cups/championships). Doesn't matter what level you play in.......pro or not, its what you bring to the table for your team that counts.
As for the style of play, ya I believe our team plays its worst soccer when its kick and run. We cannot chase a ball up and down the field all game as we are too old to be able, thus possession soccer is what we strive for. I have seen us do both in different times of the game and agree that all should strive for possession. Have we.........no, have you? Fukc no, I have seen you play and have seen all teams in our league play. Tactics and flow of game can dictate what happens......better figure that out or we will see ya in div 1 soon enough.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was going to do a MOTW, but the games this weekend aren't that appealing. There are 2 relegation battles with us taking on Sporting and GEU Knights taking on Sikh Utd. Important games for our respective teams, but not sure how great they'd be :D

I would say both those games are MOTW.
very important, you lose your gone!? or at least take one step closer

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I liked playing with Step, the guy goes 100 miles an hour all game long, he's tough into tackles despite his Ugandan frame and when you've got a guy like him going it's easier to maintain your own tempo. Sure his touch is boorish and convulsive, but the guys got heart and wants nothing more than a win.

And frankly I don't know if he would qualify as a veteran on the Rangers yet.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say both those games are MOTW.
very important, you lose your gone!? or at least take one step closer

I think a loss and we'd have 1 foot in the grave. We're lucky in that we play both Sporting and GEU the next 2 weeks, but then we have PoMo, Athletic, Mission and you guys to finish off the season, so these points are very much needed.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first time I heard about TTP was several years back when a good young Div 1 Metro Ford Tayside team had an upcoming match vs Pegasus. They chirped before the game and after the game on this new webiste. My favorite comment was by or about a certain Left Footed defense man (who may or may not have a major commitment to this website). During the game someone shouted 'you know he has only got one foot' meaning it should be easy to get the ball from him. After a disheartening loss (2-1) in a game that we thought we should have won his comment was 'well they only needed the one foot to win'. Very well said and good enough to get well under out skin for a long time.

The point is to take the piss. Specifically for Bulljive but to you other tossers like him and The Franchise, I do not come on here to earn your respect or friendship. I post and read to entertain myself. The fact that you 'don't respect me' because I publicly post that I think your team is crap or that other teams are crap is more than I little bit riduculous. I currently play with players who I previously didn't talk to before or after a game because they were on opposing teams and because I couldn't be bothered. Now we are friends and likely respect each other for who we are and how we play. The point Yoda made about Port Moody was regarding their play on the field, it was a good, clean, physical game with very little chirping UNTIL with 4 minutes to play PM (to their credit) managed a tie. To start the BS then and chirping then cost them the respect they had earned from the previous 86 minutes of game time. Respect is earned on the field. What you think of me an my team will have very little effect on how I conduct myself.

I fail to see how Pomo NOT using any veteran players is going to fix Canadian soccer. We are all talking about playing soccer at an amateur level so experience can be limited to that level, but experience and knowing how to win can be earned at any level. Bottom line there are a couple of good teams in a way overcrowded league. The fact that Pomo beats up on all the shite teams but struggles with the good teams likely means they don't face enough good competion. They have the best chance to win this league beause of their youth and skill BUT they would be much better if they had a little more grit and determination.

Please also note:

Being Mid Pack in a 20 team league means you are at best a Div 2 team.
North Delta stinks, in all leagues!
GEU or whomever Franchies plays for is hsit, if he even plays.

Please discuss

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ISure his touch is boorish and convulsive, but the guys got heart and wants nothing more than a win.

And frankly I don't know if he would qualify as a veteran on the Rangers yet.

sounds like my sex life too.

I predict a tough weekend, games that are locks:
POMO
the rest seem tough.
GEU and langley.....old school battle
ND and trinity.....ND moving up, trinity needs wins to keep pace
POCO and PAU....Poco seem very inconsistent but apparently have a quality team.
Sikh and GEU....GEU has already given up.....forfeit, are you kidding.
Strikers and Sporting....sporting has talent, but does everyone show up (other than when they play their rivals...rangers?)

Could be moving week for some teams.

and good point warmbencher, but that still doesn't make them experienced...just good at what they do.......
THanks junction, let me know when you want to make it happen

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first time I heard about TTP was several years back when a good young Div 1 Metro Ford Tayside team had an upcoming match vs Pegasus. They chirped before the game and after the game on this new webiste. My favorite comment was by or about a certain Left Footed defense man (who may or may not have a major commitment to this website). During the game someone shouted 'you know he has only got one foot' meaning it should be easy to get the ball from him. After a disheartening loss (2-1) in a game that we thought we should have won his comment was 'well they only needed the one foot to win'. Very well said and good enough to get well under out skin for a long time.

The point is to take the piss. Specifically for Bulljive but to you other tossers like him and The Franchise, I do not come on here to earn your respect or friendship. I post and read to entertain myself. The fact that you 'don't respect me' because I publicly post that I think your team is crap or that other teams are crap is more than I little bit riduculous. I currently play with players who I previously didn't talk to before or after a game because they were on opposing teams and because I couldn't be bothered. Now we are friends and likely respect each other for who we are and how we play. The point Yoda made about Port Moody was regarding their play on the field, it was a good, clean, physical game with very little chirping UNTIL with 4 minutes to play PM (to their credit) managed a tie. To start the BS then and chirping then cost them the respect they had earned from the previous 86 minutes of game time. Respect is earned on the field. What you think of me an my team will have very little effect on how I conduct myself.

I fail to see how Pomo NOT using any veteran players is going to fix Canadian soccer. We are all talking about playing soccer at an amateur level so experience can be limited to that level, but experience and knowing how to win can be earned at any level. Bottom line there are a couple of good teams in a way overcrowded league. The fact that Pomo beats up on all the shite teams but struggles with the good teams likely means they don't face enough good competion. They have the best chance to win this league beause of their youth and skill BUT they would be much better if they had a little more grit and determination.

Please also note:

Being Mid Pack in a 20 team league means you are at best a Div 2 team.
North Delta stinks, in all leagues!
GEU or whomever Franchies plays for is hsit, if he even plays.

Please discuss

Thanks for the novel....respect? I don't hide behind me ttp name. Really I don't even know what your talking about with this long winded speech.

You barked about how good your team is then don't finish the job:confused:

Never said anything about your team or you... so really you need to go back and read before opening your mouth;)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You barked about how good your team is then don't finish the job:confused:

Never said anything about your team or you... so really you need to go back and read before opening your mouth;)

Let me get this straight, when the 17th place team in a league that is pretty weak after 9th or 10th place needs players they call you up? How would you know anything about being good?

If the best team in Div 1 (Port Moody) which had not allowed 2 goals all season until Friday and has won 8 of 11 needs until the 86th minute to pull out a tie over 10 ment then we have room to at least make a case for ourselves. Admittedly in the end we blew the game but it was a far cry from the lesson they gave the team that you can't make (8-0).

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me get this straight, when the 17th place team in a league that is pretty weak after 9th or 10th place needs players they call you up? How would you know anything about being good?

So your the cat's ass? Never said I was good...were did you read that at:rolleyes:

Wow:rolleyes::rolleyes:

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
While you may not come out and say it... I'd say it's implied.

"I have more goals then your team has for ;)"

Don't pick on the Whalley Stryper's they're keeping their chin up and fighting the good fight.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
While you may not come out and say it... I'd say it's implied.

"I have more goals then your team has for ;)"

Don't pick on the SFC Stryper's they're keeping their chin up and fighting the good fight.

Had to fix your post, there was something wrong with it :D And we'll show Franchise, we scored 2 this week, floodgates are opening! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0