Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
god forbid a team has to use its own players to keep themselves in div 1.
Stal, not sure on details. My suggestion, contact president of club and see what he has to say.
Good win!
what is happening to sporting? Lots of talent, no heart!?
How many teams go down btw?

I would think 3, but we had 2 drop out so who knows.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone in Surrey FC deserve the field, it's our Rangers Masters. Maybe in a few years and a few championships, Strikers. :cool:

I actually agree, they have the seniority, but it still sucks with it being such a big game for us. Plus we'll probably be moved to grass, which we're even worse on, but I'd get to use my new boots so that's a plus :D

They definitely have Newton Turf #2 booked for both Rangers games, so I guess we're just waiting to see where we've been moved too.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL site hasn't adjusted the promotion/relegation info for this season since the changes in Div. 1.

I would guess the bottom team will get dropped, with three div 2 promotions making Div 1 a large 20 team league again.

Just a guess though ...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Dude may not condone spitting, but he certainly condones a cheap shot to the junk.

Remember Newton two years ago? I was marking you on a corner and as our Ranger Defense cleared the ball you turned around and squared me in the balls with a Gordie Howe elbow? I sure remember ... So DUDE, don't claim you even KNOW where the high ground is.

Lucky we had Hatman as your mark when we DESERVEDLY beat you this year.

Actually, I was going for your gut, but caught you between the jewels. As it turned out, you felt no pain, which is an entirely different matter altogether.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually you grazed my left nut and did some damage to the groin. I still owe you one :rolleyes:

Too bad we only play once per year.

How about a 10 team Div. 1 where I get to kick you two matches per year? Are you guys even top 10 this year? :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give us our damn points back and we're solidly in there.

Seriously though, I'd love to kick you twice / season. It would make my year.

Twice.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL site hasn't adjusted the promotion/relegation info for this season since the changes in Div. 1.

I would guess the bottom team will get dropped, with three div 2 promotions making Div 1 a large 20 team league again.

Just a guess though ...

I still say take the top 10 and make a 1A and the bottom 10 a 1B, having to win 1B to move to 1A, and then from 1A to Premier, with only one team being relegated to 1B, and 3 being relegated from 1B to D2. I think that would strengthen D1 as well as make the promoted D1 team better suited for the competition of Premier.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1a? 1b? wtf.

Drop D1 to 12 and create a Div 4.

Since it suits the FVSL better to have more teams in D1 (more provincial berths due to players/teams on A forms) I can't see them making D1 smaller. One way to keep the amount of teams but have better competition is a 1A/1B set up.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
only the division winners will move up
if they choose to keep d1 at 20 teams next year(most likely will) then bottom 3 go down, 3 div 2 winners and next 2 top teams of div 2 out of all the rest should also go up...that way 20 teams...even though most want it to be less but i think that would be most suitable..

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea should they decide what happens to the divison around mid season?? so teams at the bottom know whats going on...

that being said i can most likly see it being a 20 team league next year and that means what only 1 team will drop down??

doesnt look like they have updates the standing either on the fvsl i guess Laurals gone now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0