Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dewdney United 1 - Rangers 0

I'll let Z and Stepchild give their bullshit side of the game then i'll give you the real story.
;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Yoda,

It only matter if you deserved to win.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe we did deserve to win Dude. They dominated us for the first 15 minutes as we were very flat and were very short on players so we were trying some players in new positions and it didn't work well. After 15 minutes the coach made a few positional changes and it changed the game. For the last 75 minutes possession was fairly even with us generating way more chances. They control the ball nicely in the back and middle third of the field but have problems moving forward and don't generate much offense. Our goalie finally had a decent game and earned his first shutout of the year. I do think however that out of all the teams that we have played the Rangers are will do the best in premier next to the Gunners so hopefully they get promoted. Dobbin makes a huge difference to that team - without him they don't possess a lot of skill.

JTL

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dewdney, With this win you have made things VERY interesting in the battle for that second spot. I know you guys want it and are gonna play hard for it, but if you do come second are you still sticking with the decision not play for the prem spot and to go Over 35's?

Not that it means much, but in my opinion if you have the chance you should go for it!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We are playing for second place right now but the Rangers need to tie or lose their last game and we have to win both. TWU and Aldergrove and I think Mission are in the race as well. We will not go to Premier but would love to win the spot.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What we're not going premier? WTF? When was that decided?
Waste of a season if you ask me.
Jerks.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

What we're not going premier? WTF? When was that decided?
Waste of a season if you ask me.
Jerks.

Yoda, the executive makes these decisions and you're not part of the executive. Just concentrate on scoring goals when you are within 3 yards of the net. No pass backs and own goals don't count.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What if i bring pizza?

And i was handcuffed. Terrible service.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

are the rangers purposely blowing 2nd place just so they don't have to deal with premiere? or are the wheels just falling off?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hate to break up the we hate the Rangers chat, but I am sure that there will be a
Big Z's Guaranteed Win Night with BBQ at the NAP this Friday.

There shouldn't be any worry about the Rangers at home, unless WhistleBlower gets the call in the middle.
Plus it is Double Header night to close out the season for the Rangers, Old Boys go up against PAU.

hos

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dewdney, With this win you have made things VERY interesting in the battle for that second spot. I know you guys want it and are gonna play hard for it, but if you do come second are you still sticking with the decision not play for the prem spot and to go Over 35's?

Not that it means much, but in my opinion if you have the chance you should go for it!

We had 11 guys for the game against the Rangers on the weekend. We tied an uninterested North Delta team when leading 3-1 with about 10-15 minutes to go. Many of the guys have played premier before and simply can't commit the time required to be successful in premier. Those that have Premier aspirations would simply 'try'out' for a Premier squad.

There isn't a team in Div 1 this year that 'as they are currently made up' can compete in Premier. PM was good in Div 1 but mostly because they beat up on the bad teams and have remained consistent. They didn't have the same success against the good teams did they? Tied Mission, Tied Dewd, Tied Rangers and lost to TWU in the cup, their only important game this year. ACBC was the same team last year but they were smart enough to add a bunch of players to their team which has allowed them to compete well in Premier.

Not a Hater as I am sure I will be accused, just stating the obvious.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

what can we say, we cannot finish. We had plenty of chances to put this game away all first half, but are not creative in the last 30......not to mention all 11 guys back there clogging things up.
JTL, do you really feel you deserved to win. I felt a tie was more indicative of both teams play. Talking with a few guys at the end stated they were happy with the win but thought we could have had this game in hand....but we didn't, we lacked the effort for full 90 and lost. THought you guys ran hard, but would have broke if we showed more effort. We too were missing guys, but had 2 subs and didn't keep the intensity high.
Fairly disappointed with loss, you guys were ripe for the picking but we could not break through all 11 players behind the ball all second half.
On to TWU next week, should be interesting. THis team seems to be up and down, any info on why this is....... as no ger's have seen them play this year

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I do believe we derseved to win as we scored one more goal than you did. Also other than the first 20 minutes we looked more dangerous. Like I said you had slightly more possession but didn't do much with it. For example with less than 5 minutes to go you are playing it around the back and then back the other way - we didn't press because you were keeping the ball in your own half yourselves. I am not saying it was a lopsided game as I have respect for your team and it is a good battle every time we play your team. Good luck in your last game.

JTL

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Also, Steppy

I don't think you will have any problems with TWU. You're much better than they are.

JTL

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I do believe we derseved to win as we scored one more goal than you did. Also other than the first 20 minutes we looked more dangerous. Like I said you had slightly more possession but didn't do much with it. For example with less than 5 minutes to go you are playing it around the back and then back the other way - we didn't press because you were keeping the ball in your own half yourselves. I am not saying it was a lopsided game as I have respect for your team and it is a good battle every time we play your team. Good luck in your last game.

JTL

JTL, no issues with the score....I believe larscheid cleared that one up for me a few years ago.
We are not anything but disappointed with our effort, not questioning the game at all. Actually thought both teams were kinda lackluster considering the history and the importance for both.....of course bragging rights too.
As for TWU, we don't give up many goals and will have a full lineup for the final game so it should be a good one. Just curious on their team, all we remember is their "gosh darn's" and "darn-it" comments during our game last year. '
Some big games left this year even if we win the last one........... Was looking at the bottom of the table and am wondering if POCO will send sporting down to DIV 2.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

We had 11 guys for the game against the Rangers on the weekend. We tied an uninterested North Delta team when leading 3-1 with about 10-15 minutes to go. Many of the guys have played premier before and simply can't commit the time required to be successful in premier. Those that have Premier aspirations would simply 'try'out' for a Premier squad.

There isn't a team in Div 1 this year that 'as they are currently made up' can compete in Premier. PM was good in Div 1 but mostly because they beat up on the bad teams and have remained consistent. They didn't have the same success against the good teams did they? Tied Mission, Tied Dewd, Tied Rangers and lost to TWU in the cup, their only important game this year. ACBC was the same team last year but they were smart enough to add a bunch of players to their team which has allowed them to compete well in Premier.

Not a Hater as I am sure I will be accused, just stating the obvious.

Not sure why you continue to press on the importance of beating TWU in cup. I think earlier you posted that PM's season would be a dissapointment if they lost that game. Clearly the goal this season was promotion, a good cup run was a distant second. Sure it sucks to lose that game, but if anything that game was the least important of the season. Hater.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hear you Dutch13, and I would likely say the say thing had I lost out like that. The league is a year long tourney and any team that wins it deserves a pat on the back.

I bring that game up only to include that game with others you played against the higher quality teams in Div 1. Evidence to justify why I think you will have a tough time next year in Premier. In last 2 years you guys have won a lot of games. Last year the league was your to win but when you lost the must win games (VS Rangers and Dewd) you ended the season 2nd best. This year you clearly struggled against the tougher competition (see previous post). That is why you will struggle next year IF your team remains essentially the same.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I do believe we derseved to win as we scored one more goal than you did.

JTL...I said the same thing last year, which was also mightedly debated by Steppy and Zaurinni (yeah, I said it).

The book on the Rangers is they are very strong deffensively, but can't score in a whorehouse. You with only 11 decide to wait them out, figuring w/ your skill and finishing advantage you'll be able to get at least 1, because if you sit 11 behind the ball vs. the 'Gers, none will go in.

I understand it, and it was our game plan. Too bad our starting 11 that day was collectively as smart as a bag of hammers.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This debate sounds a little bit similar to the Rangers loss to Chilliwack, Rangers defended strongly no? Truth be told there wasn't 11 behind the ball. Last 60 minutes saw more Dewd chances than Rnagers. Most Rangers chances were barely 1/2 chance but they somehow figured they should have all been buried. And they let each other know too, lot of in fighting bithcing at each other. Our goalie played well but I am not sure how many saves he made? Nice to get our first clean sheet against the Rangers to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0