Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Despite the premier spot up for grabs, we cant seem to shake the loss to the Whack.

We have bitching at each other(more than usual) ever since.

Dewd's played well and deserved the win.
We were lathargic (sp?) .

It was a nice saturday stroll on the park...with some decent tackles throughout.
The bantar was lacking though...expected more from two veteran teams.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Despite the premier spot up for grabs, we cant seem to shake the loss to the Whack.

QUOTE]

each year there seems to be something that just stops you getting that final ......... agh diddnt quite make it .........oh well now we dont have to turn it down.....well there is alway next year.

if i was in your spot i would totally want to play div 1
to win more than you lose is way more fun and have a crack at the pak and a chance to piss on a prem team perfect.:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So true.

As much as the Pak is an amature cup, as much as it is considered 2nd fiddle to the Imperial (or even 3rd to the Jackson), as much winning a premier league title is so much bigger...there is just something about the Pak that makes is so much fun to compete for, and so hard to lose out on. Maybe it has something to do w/ the fact a lot of us old guys have been playing for it forever no matter what division we're in (back in the day it was open to 2nd as well), and upsets do happen.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pffft.

I call bullshit.

Who would ever decline promotion so they could concentrate on the Pak each year?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pffft.

I call bullshit.

Who would ever decline promotion so they could concentrate on the Pak each year?

And how would declining promotion help? You'd think playing against higher calibre opponents would help you concentrate on doing well in the Pak.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

This debate sounds a little bit similar to the Rangers loss to Chilliwack, Rangers defended strongly no? Truth be told there wasn't 11 behind the ball. Last 60 minutes saw more Dewd chances than Rnagers. Most Rangers chances were barely 1/2 chance but they somehow figured they should have all been buried. And they let each other know too, lot of in fighting bithcing at each other. Our goalie played well but I am not sure how many saves he made? Nice to get our first clean sheet against the Rangers to boot!

funny, there is this yellow line on westview and every guy was behind it...many many times.
Stir stir away bored, but no one is debating the strategy. We have used it, no shame but your chances in second were on fast breaks that were against a 3-4-3. Nice job on holding the lead, no shame but it was not a great game overall by both.
Anyways, you won........we lost........dude's line haunts us! Damn you dude, damn you.
I guess Mission is now the team to watch out for, is 2nd possible?
Any word from the sporting camp? I guess canuck is that important to that team, to bad really as they do have a talented team.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

bored is right....simply said ...PM is overrated. These kids can't play worth shite. They're too soft, no skill, no speed, no endurance, and worst of all...live in too big of houses for their own good. PM, we'll see you guys in DIV 1 in 2 years...

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

There isn't a team in Div 1 this year that 'as they are currently made up' can compete in Premier. PM was good in Div 1 but mostly because they beat up on the bad teams and have remained consistent. They didn't have the same success against the good teams did they? Tied Mission, Tied Dewd, Tied Rangers and lost to TWU in the cup, their only important game this year. ACBC was the same team last year but they were smart enough to add a bunch of players to their team which has allowed them to compete well in Premier.

Not a Hater as I am sure I will be accused, just stating the obvious.

Hahahahaha ya sorry we couldnt go 17-0-0... dont worry, we really arnt too impressed with our record either. All four of those teams were also a whole lot happier about those ties then we were.
At the end of the day Dude, no body stopped us. We didnt tie them, they tied us.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hahahahaha ya sorry we couldnt go 17-0-0... dont worry, we really arnt too impressed with our record either. All four of those teams were also a whole lot happier about those ties then we were.
At the end of the day Dude, no body stopped us. We didnt tie them, they tied us.

I says pardon. I think PM was much happier to tie the Dewds than we were to tie you. We had you by the short and curlies until one of our veterans took a red card with 20 minutes to go when we were up 2-0. It seems it's a moot point anyways as you would have won the league even with a loss vs us.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

funny, there is this yellow line on westview and every guy was behind it...many many times.

Well when you guys are pushing 10 players to half trying to tie the game, where the hell else would we be? In your end?

You pushed all your defense into the play and we had to cover everyone.
Hell i even covered your elbow with my face at one point. I know it's going overboard but you do what you gotta do!
;)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bored is right....simply said ...PM is overrated. These kids can't play worth shite. They're too soft, no skill, no speed, no endurance, and worst of all...live in too big of houses for their own good. PM, we'll see you guys in DIV 1 in 2 years...

The kids can play, have decent skill and play a decent team game. I certainly don't think you are overated, you are rated as the best Div 1 team in the valley nothing more. You may survive Premier but without new players there will be struggles. I played on the same type of team when I was the same age as the PM boys. We mostly stayed together and worked hard and over the years we did become the team to beat, but winning Div 1 doesn't gaurantee success in Premier. PM is probably good enough to avoid relagation but there will be struggles.

Good luck in Premier, sorry to hear that you are also getting greif about your parents houses. Maybe one day when you have you own place you can put that behind you.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good luck in Premier, sorry to hear that you are also getting greif about your parents houses. Maybe one day when you have you own place you can put that behind you.

I think this goes back to an alleged quote by one of the PM players vs. Strikers out in PM. Paraphrasing: "Go back to your little houses in Surrey while we go back to our big houses."

I don't know...pretty lame actually. Not so much as ignorant or stupid, just kind of lame. Is it better to be in your early 20's and still living at mom & pops, or in your early 20's, on your own, even if if is a dodgy basement suite? I guess the slow wean is the way to go these days.

Steppy...you deserve to have that line haunt you forever. ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I still have never laughed so hard at something I heard in a game than that line though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

How could you not? Were his teammates laughing at him too?

Almost as lame as having a dad from your team post on TTP.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude,

Do tell, who's team dad is posting?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

How could you not? Were his teammates laughing at him too?

Almost as lame as having a dad from your team post on TTP.

I saw one shake his head at him. Also funny. Who's dad?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nobody knows what or who you are, but you sure wear the pom-poms well. That, or you're some creepy guy that lurks in bushes.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spoke to my ASS (Annonymous Soccer Source) out of the Whalley, erm...Surrey Storm...erm...Surrey Rangers.

He apparently feels the Rangers dominated the Dews, with 85% possession first half, 65% possession second half.

To which I shrewdly pointed out: then how do the fail to hit the net w/ a combined 75% possession, and how did the Dewds manage to score one inside their 25%? Doesn't make sense.

Bored, JTL...help me out here: doesn't it make sense that if you guys scored one inside your 25% possession, and the Rangers failed to score even one inside their 75% possession, that the Dews therefore deserved the win?

No?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Rangers had a lot of possession in the 3rd and even the middle 3rd of the park. They had a few not too scary headers. Dewd missed a sitter in each half from within the six. The one in the first half had thier sidelines saying "How did that not go in?"

I would give them 60% possession for sure. Several half chances that never looked like going in and no real chances. We scored with a shot from within the box, second crack at it if I recall. Missed 2 gimmees too. Come to think of it, we not only deserved to win we were unlucky not to have smoked them.

Our defense was better (evidence; 0 goals against)
Our offense was better (evidence; 1 goal fore)
Goalie was better (exhibit A and B)
AND we outdrank them by a considerable margin.

I'd say we deserved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0