Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2-2 FVRD - Red Devils looking like they're back to a full squad.
Celtic 0-3 Sparta - Sparta just a little too strong.
Milan vs Mission
SU 1-1 Redbulls - Both teams have been in most games this season, and probably feel unfortunate not to have more points.
Knights 2-1 Pomo - two good sides, but Knights seemingly with a little bit more depth in talent.
Royals 1-0 TWU - interesting match, like @R-Tee said TWU are pretty good, but so are the Royals. I see them edging it in the MOTW.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo - FVRD - This should be a fun game and a good challenge. These boys only lost by one goal against Sparta and TWU so clearly can compete with any team on any night. Rumors have it they are back to full squad strength while Dynamo has been reduced to just 20 able bodies available for this game.....

Celtic 0-3 Sparta - Not predicting an upset here.
Milan 3-2 Mission - Because home field advantage
Knights 1 - 2 Pomo - Because I don't like 'em
SU 1-1 Redbulls - Because @4thplacetrophy said so.
Royals 1 - 3 TWU - Because 4 goals against through 8 games is not cool. They put that many past us in one game.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1- Fvrd 1
We had a better first half, they missed some sitters in the second. We should have lost.
They are obviously back to full strength which is kind of weird because it seems like every year they blow the first half of the season.
Anyway, one thing is for sure, there is not another team in div. 2 or maybe even the fvsl who hate each other as much as they do, holy shite, the chirping was downright sad amongst that lot.
Look for fvrd to climb the ladder

Fez08

Jan 23, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1- Fvrd 1
We had a better first half, they missed some sitters in the second. We should have lost.
They are obviously back to full strength which is kind of weird because it seems like every year they blow the first half of the season.
Anyway, one thing is for sure, there is not another team in div. 2 or maybe even the fvsl who hate each other as much as they do, holy shite, the chirping was downright sad amongst that lot.
Nature vs Nurture
Dynamo 1- Fvrd 1
Nature vs Nurture....

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1- Fvrd 1

It's just the way Abby soccer is in general, bitch at one another. Youth through men's.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid game for the first 65-70 minutes for us, especially only having 11 guys and missing a few usual starters.
1-0 at halftime for Sparta after a simple rebound goal that we should've cleared. We got one back on a set piece and held pretty tight for a while, no huge threats coming our way. We thought we may be able to hold out but just unraveled a bit and a few lapses allowed them to finish us off, 3 goals in the last 20-25 mins. Solid group of guys, probably didn't like the grass too much.
Onto the 2nd half of the schedule next weekend. Hopefully goes better than the first half

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milan 1-2 Mission

We started ridiculously slow, went 1-0 down within 2-3 mins. They dominated for the first 20 mins, and we're very unfortunate to not be 2-0 up. We finally settled into the game after that and started creating chances but nothing really clear cut came our way.

2nd half we came out looking to get back into the game and around the 60th we equalized, and then from there on we dominated the game. Got our 2nd around the 70th, and should have added more. They did then start to push, and gave us a scare in the final minute or so but we hung onto the 3 points.

Pints also tasted good after the win as usual.

Grunt

Oct 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm, thought TWU might hand you guys your first lost. Oh well, next week then.
They were skilled and talented all over the pitch but never really threatened our net. Can see why teams have trouble with them and they didn't give up. We were organized at the back and took our chances.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must have been the bowling fundy you guys had really brought the chemistry up for the match. Bumpers up or down?

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1- Fvrd 1

Pretty choked about this one. I felt we were the better side in the first, maintaining the bulk of possession and being fairly creative on the attack. But to be honest, some bad bounces and defensive break downs gave them more grade A scoring chances, at least 3 by my count.

We went ahead 1-0 off a beauty build from our right back down the wing, crossed in and hit first-time top left by our striker. Apparently we were still too busy celebrating because FVRD equalized immediately afterwards when their forward walks through 3 defenders and slots a nice shot cross goal in the bottom left. Our (back-up) keeper got his fingers on it but he didn't really have much chance, 1-1.

At that point we did the soccer equivalent of the turtle. Felt like a totally different team came out to play the 2nd. The Devils probably had 75% possession and I'm not sure we registered a shot on net. I guess we deserve some credit however, we bent but didn't break and nothing was registered in the 2nd half. 1-1 final.

Despite being completely owned in the 2nd, I really didn't feel like that side was all that good. There wasn't any single player I felt was a serious threat, although I heard they were still missing a few of their high skilled guys. Frustrating draw, but it would have been even more frustrating for them, as they were clearly the better side that day.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united- 3
Safc red bulls- 4

Yet another loss, didn't play well at all in the first 25 mins of the game and went down 2-0 because of it, red bulls have a couple of talented guys who can finish at anytime if you give them the chance, we scored with 10 to go in the first half. Start of the second half we came out pretty well and within 20 we tied the game, red bulls then scored once again making it 3-2 on a defensive breakdown off a corner kick where there one guy got to it while 3 of ours watched.... 5 mins later there guy get a partial break away and lots home another goal making it 4-2 with only about 15 mins to go. We never gave up missed a few chances... one being an open net from about 4 yards out our guy lost control of the ball and there defender took it... with my minutes to go we kept pressing getting another goal making it 4-3. Red bulls deserved the win they played well and had very good options moving forward. hopefully over the next while we get some key defenders back and not have to be playing mid fielders on our back line. Hopefully we can pull it together and keep from getting relegated.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 out of 10 on the last 2 weeks of picks I think.
Anyways start of the second half of fixtures.

Dynamo vs Royals - Royals to edge it 1-0.
FVRD vs Sparta - now with the Red Devils finding their feet, and Sparta seemingly struggling with numbers I can see this one ending as a draw.
Celtic vs Mission
Surrey United vs Knights - Knights of they have numbers to bounce back with a 2-1 win like the reverse fixture.
Milan vs Redbulls - taking the redbulls in a 3-1 win.
Pomo vs TWU - taking a 2-2 tie in the clash of the Titans.

If Royals win & Sparta don't I think that might be enough come the end of the season even at this early stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0