Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
PMO Titans 2 - 2 Poco Royals

Another big week for deciding how the table finishes this year. After a hard-fought, last minute win by the Royals last week, it seems they are in full control of the pole position. If any team has hopes of challenging for top spot, it'll take lots of help from the rest of the league and what better time to start then now, when they face 4th place PMO Titans.

Dynamo - Sparta

Another chapter in the battle of the bridesmaids, once again locked in a battle for second place. Always a great game when we play these boys. I'm gutted that I'll be missing it. If Sparta wins, they may actually have a chance to catch the Royals but we will have no intention on gifting it to them. There are rumors in the soccer world that we may or may not have a secret weapon returning from a long absence for this game. Wont predict a score but I will predict MOTW

Mission 1 - 2 FVRD

Devils spoil the field inauguration night. Too bad the Devils started playing soccer in November, they can field a very competitive team if they up their commitment. That being said, a strong second half and provincials are not out of the question. Wait, I've heard that story before, is it 2015?

Knights 2 - 2 Milan

This would be a big point for Milan in the battle against relegation.

Redbulls 3 - 2 Celtic

Celtic will put forth a much stronger effort with the memories of a 6-0 stomping still fresh in their minds. Unfortunately this isn't their year and I have a feeling they will be playing 'Freaky Friday/Hot Chick/Face Off/17 Again' (any body swap movie really) as they trade places with the Benders next year.

TWU 3 - 1 Surrey

Too young, too fast. TWU must be getting pissed after a string of hard losses. Surrey is better than their record, but wont get a result here.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo - Sparta

Another chapter in the battle of the bridesmaids, once again locked in a battle for second place. Always a great game when we play these boys. I'm gutted that I'll be missing it. If Sparta wins, they may actually have a chance to catch the Royals but we will have no intention on gifting it to them. There are rumors in the soccer world that we may or may not have a secret weapon returning from a long absence for this game. Wont predict a score but I will predict MOTW
You got @Dude and @Supersub to lace them up again? Cause I'm not back and didn't sign for you. :D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 1-3 FRVD

Red Devils scored within the first min on a beauty strike top corner, they then controlled the game for the opening 30, we found our feet and made a game of it. 1-0 at half still.

Around the 60th mark they added a second on a free kick from maybe 35-40 yards out, we answered quickly pulling one back. We then kept creating chances, we could easily have levelled things up, but instead it wasn't meant to be, and then young Eric scored an absolute screamer within the last 5.

All in all good set of guys, heated at moments but no actual intentions of hurting anyone.

Side note. Bias opinion but we now have the nicest field in the entire FVSL.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic with only 8 we'll see if the games even played. Unlucky for the. Oysbwho signed 17 but with injuries and Work the numbers are just killer.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
They used a thermolastic elastomer instead of the rubber. What's it like? Less bounce for the ball?

Really nice, the ball ran very much like slick grass I found. Also the bounces ran like they would on grass. I enjoyed playing on it last night, despite the result.

Still managed to get turf burn though.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forfeit tonight, bit of a new low for us.
Looks like we may have a few new guys sign in the coming week, fingers crossed. Gonna need numbers next weekend for Knights derby.

Sorry to Red Bulls about tonight.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 2 - 0 Dynamo
Always a good hard fought Derby with our two teams. We went up 1-0 about 15 mins in but Dynamo finished the half strong. We were able to get another one in the second half to seal it. A couple late challenges on both sides, but other than that it was just a good clean battle. @R-Tee did you bet on the game beforehand?

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 2 - 0 Dynamo
Always a good hard fought Derby with our two teams. We went up 1-0 about 15 mins in but Dynamo finished the half strong. We were able to get another one in the second half to seal it. A couple late challenges on both sides, but other than that it was just a good clean battle. @R-Tee did you bet on the game beforehand?
Well I am glad I did not bet because we did not really show up tonight, like when @ZidaneFan gets an invitation to a blind date on plenty of fish.
But yeah Sparta deserved the win, they had more possession and played better as a team for sure. I felt we had no drive tonight like @ZidaneFan when he does not take his viagara
But seriously we could not get anything going tonight even if we were @ZidaneFan with a fist full of hundred bills on a corner on east Hastings we were not going to get any luck.

Anyway, happy holidays Sparta and @ZidaneFan.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really nice, the ball ran very much like slick grass I found. Also the bounces ran like they would on grass. I enjoyed playing on it last night, despite the result.

Still managed to get turf burn though.
There is a new turf field going in in Poco within the next couple years. Hopefully they use the same material. I really like the cork on Gates 2, only problem is it freezes in winter. I think Thermoplastic is the future

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure as shite no millennial. Born in the early eighties man. Despite your question being rhetorical @Regs I feel I have to make sure we all agree that our geographical location is considered a temperate rain forest.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure as shite no millennial. Born in the early eighties man. Despite your question being rhetorical @Regs I feel I have to make sure we all agree that our geographical location is considered a temperate rain forest.
That is a lame excuse, we were still a temperate rain forest then and grass fields were a plenty AND well maintained by the cities. People have been brainwashed over the past 2 decades by lazy government.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0