Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Providing an accurate game report wouldn't be in the true spirit of TTP. I was looking more for an inflammatory, defamatory, egregious, and down right fabricated game report.
You caught me in the nick of time, just got off the phone with @ZidaneFan . About 15 minutes in, Sparts guy goes into a tackle with the Royals CM, badly hurting his ankle as the Sparta players stop and kick the ball out of bounds, a Royals sub blocks it and plays their striker in on a breakaway while the refs back is turned. Ref see's the ball go in before the downed player and counts the goal 1-0 Poco. Poco go up 2-0 about 10 minutes later when their CB falls in the box during a scramble and bats the ball in with his hand. Ref can't see the handball through the scrimmage 2-0. Sparta score a 35 yard free kick just at the edge of halftime 2-1 at half. Royals go up 3-1 around the 75th minute, after Sparta sportingly play the ball out of bounds for an injured Royal, the Royals player "throws it back to the defense" yet over their heads for another breakaway 3-1. With 2 minutes left Sparta pushing forward, the Royals get a legit goal off a nice shot from 20 far post bottom corner. Some serious drama in the top of the table derby. Sounds like fireworks to me.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
upload_2016-10-24_16-5-48.png

Very competitive top of the table so far this year. Some impressive goals For/Against ratio's with the exception of us Dynamo who you can always count on coughing up one or two freebies during a game.

Very strong start to the season for the Royals, brushing off both Langley teams with what looks like relative ease (or trickery according to the last game report). Hoping a couple mid pack teams can steal a draw or two to let the rest of those with promotion ambitions claw back in. Did those boys add players in the summer?

The Knights next week for us should be a good test for us.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 16543

Very competitive top of the table so far this year. Some impressive goals For/Against ratio's with the exception of us Dynamo who you can always count on coughing up one or two freebies during a game.

Very strong start to the season for the Royals, brushing off both Langley teams with what looks like relative ease (or trickery according to the last game report). Hoping a couple mid pack teams can steal a draw or two to let the rest of those with promotion ambitions claw back in. Did those boys add players in the summer?

The Knights next week for us should be a good test for us.

It's a very competitive league that's for sure. I hadn't played a div 2 game in maybe 6 years or so, and the level has increased massively it has to be said.

Who are these Poco guys anyways? On almost every team I recognize a few names but none of theirs ring any bells. They defiantly look like the team to beat this year without doubt either way.

Hopefully we don't play like we did last night, and maybe sneak an unlikely point from them for the sake of league.

@Chief Royalty the games at 7:30 on Friday, moved from the original time of 8. As will every game out here in Mission, sorry for that boys it wasn't my call.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
PMO 4 - Red Devils 1

Good clean hard fought game. Played strong, moved the ball well and created good scoring chances. Did well to shut the talented brothers down. They were dangerous off set plays, crosses and corner kicks with some big boys up front. Scored 2 before the half, they scored on a pk, and we buried 2 after. We finished our chances and played a good game. Red Devils definitley not the worst team in the league, just have an unlucky record, always a solid team.

Chief Royalty

Aug 12, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a very competitive league that's for sure. I hadn't played a div 2 game in maybe 6 years or so, and the level has increased massively it has to be said.

Who are these Poco guys anyways? On almost every team I recognize a few names but none of theirs ring any bells. They defiantly look like the team to beat this year without doubt either way.

Hopefully we don't play like we did last night, and maybe sneak an unlikely point from them for the sake of league.

@Chief Royalty the games at 7:30 on Friday, moved from the original time of 8. As will every game out here in Mission, sorry for that boys it wasn't my call.
Thanks man. See ya Friday.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
PMO 4 - Red Devils 1

Good clean hard fought game. Played strong, moved the ball well and created good scoring chances. Did well to shut the talented brothers down. They were dangerous off set plays, crosses and corner kicks with some big boys up front. Scored 2 before the half, they scored on a pk, and we buried 2 after. We finished our chances and played a good game. Red Devils definitley not the worst team in the league, just have an unlucky record, always a solid team.

Sprusgoose

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You caught me in the nick of time, just got off the phone with @ZidaneFan . About 15 minutes in, Sparts guy goes into a tackle with the Royals CM, badly hurting his ankle as the Sparta players stop and kick the ball out of bounds, a Royals sub blocks it and plays their striker in on a breakaway while the refs back is turned. Ref see's the ball go in before the downed player and counts the goal 1-0 Poco. Poco go up 2-0 about 10 minutes later when their CB falls in the box during a scramble and bats the ball in with his hand. Ref can't see the handball through the scrimmage 2-0. Sparta score a 35 yard free kick just at the edge of halftime 2-1 at half. Royals go up 3-1 around the 75th minute, after Sparta sportingly play the ball out of bounds for an injured Royal, the Royals player "throws it back to the defense" yet over their heads for another breakaway 3-1. With 2 minutes left Sparta pushing forward, the Royals get a legit goal off a nice shot from 20 far post bottom corner. Some serious drama in the top of the table derby. Sounds like fireworks to me.

Must feel good to place a winning game report for once, hey @cascadesoccer? :wa:

As for the real report, both teams came out ready to play. Pretty even first half. They scored off a middle of the park turnover a little against the grain of play. Our D got mixed up and lost their forward. Nice ball crossed in from the right corner to the back post, headed back across into the bottom corner. No chance for our keep.

We came back straight away. Our left back got the ball on a switch about 5-10 yards inside half. They gave him all day to set up and hit a bomb from way out. Not sure if the keep was out of position or couldn't see, but in it went.

Second goal came pretty quick after on a passing play. Forward turned I the box maybe 15 yards out of the right post and hit one. Sparta D-man tried to get a piece and it looped over their keep (somehow credited as an OG...??).

Third goal came off a cross from the right side. One of our guys played it down and our left mid managed to volley it bottom left corner. 3-1 at half.

Second half they came out strong for the first 10-15 but we really took over after that I thought. Controlled a lot of the play and worked our way into a corner kick mid-half. Our mid took it and bent it in from the corner. No idea how that ball gets in untouched (I MAY have been getting a beer from the cooler when this happened :cool:). 4-1 at that point and no looking back.

They had a couple other good chances (one massive save from our keep first half to keep it 3-1), and there was some controversy off a corner kick that the ref missed a ball trickling over the line. Either way 4-1, 4-2, it doesn't matter. We missed 3 clear breakaways so it all works itself out. The good news for @ZidaneFan is there's no amount of faking injuries that could have got his team back in it, even if he could play. Good game, Sparta's a solid squad.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must feel good to place a winning game report for once, hey @cascadesoccer? :wa:

As for the real report, both teams came out ready to play. Pretty even first half. They scored off a middle of the park turnover a little against the grain of play. Our D got mixed up and lost their forward. Nice ball crossed in from the right corner to the back post, headed back across into the bottom corner. No chance for our keep.

We came back straight away. Our left back got the ball on a switch about 5-10 yards inside half. They gave him all day to set up and hit a bomb from way out. Not sure if the keep was out of position or couldn't see, but in it went.

Second goal came pretty quick after on a passing play. Forward turned I the box maybe 15 yards out of the right post and hit one. Sparta D-man tried to get a piece and it looped over their keep (somehow credited as an OG...??).

Third goal came off a cross from the right side. One of our guys played it down and our left mid managed to volley it bottom left corner. 3-1 at half.

Second half they came out strong for the first 10-15 but we really took over after that I thought. Controlled a lot of the play and worked our way into a corner kick mid-half. Our mid took it and bent it in from the corner. No idea how that ball gets in untouched (I MAY have been getting a beer from the cooler when this happened :cool:). 4-1 at that point and no looking back.

They had a couple other good chances (one massive save from our keep first half to keep it 3-1), and there was some controversy off a corner kick that the ref missed a ball trickling over the line. Either way 4-1, 4-2, it doesn't matter. We missed 3 clear breakaways so it all works itself out. The good news for @ZidaneFan is there's no amount of faking injuries that could have got his team back in it, even if he could play. Good game, Sparta's a solid squad.
I'm retired, every day is a win for me, ya cheeky bugger.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me, or these royals guys a bunch of fcuking wankers. @Sprusgoose, nothing personal, but I could almost here you pulling your pud in that game recap :yawn:
I can't believe I am going to miss that rematch, not that I would have made much of a difference, except maybe put a dent in that chirpy meathead on your back line:bronco:

Congrats on the win royals

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me, or these royals guys a bunch of fcuking wankers. @Sprusgoose, nothing personal, but I could almost here you pulling your pud in that game recap :yawn:
I can't believe I am going to miss that rematch, not that I would have made much of a difference, except maybe put a dent in that chirpy meathead on your back line:bronco:

Congrats on the win royals

There is the typical R-Tee Pzazz we've come to know and love! Your last game report was a little lackluster but I figured you must still have been catching your breath after playing a whole 45 minutes against Milan.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is the typical R-Tee Pzazz we've come to know and love! Your last game report was a little lackluster but I figured you must still have been catching your breath after playing a whole 45 minutes against Milan.
Oh shite yeah, still gassed. But I should correct you though, I also came on as a striker for the last 5 min too

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seem to remember last year an issue with a Div 2 team from Poco scoring an goal with a player down injured while the other team stopped playing. Now according to @cascadesoccer 's secondhand game report Poco were at it again last weekend scoring twice under questionable circumstances.

Now let's get this straight...are the Royals all cheatin', heathen, sonofaguns or is Sparta the whiniest team in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0