Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 2
Twu titans. 3

0-0 in the first half we'll contested half, chances on both ends but no goals. 30 seconds into second half they made it 1 0 off a bad defensive choice. They scored a second one 10 mins later and we were back in our usual spot down 2 goals. We then got one back off a nice shot by our striker, got within one goal but it didn't last long with 10 to go they scored again making it 3 1 I think our goalie miss read it and came out way too far to challenge there player he then passed it across the top of the box to N open player and he put it away, off the kick off we then decided to just go forward right away, made a good couple passes ended up getting a. Decent shot off and got a couple lucky bounces and we slotted our second goal with only 3 to play. We pushed forward and tried to tie it, too little too late tho game ended and same old story coming up short. Like stated before twu is young and fast first time our forwards couldn't beat guys in speed. They had 18 guys and used there subs often, we had 12 guys and 3 injured guys playing too many injuries and lack of commitment is really hurting us this year now. Well time to ice my bummed knee, and Achilles' tendon and hope for better luck next week

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
:p:p
i like playing on a flat surface :p

Its true, Mission's field at the start of year was a nightmare
a.baa-Scotchish-Soccer-Field.jpg

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
PMO 1 - Poco 1
Poco came out strong as usual and were in our end for most of the first. A couple minutes in they had a great chance to go up one on a breakaway pass but our keep made a huge save and that was a game changer. They scored on a free kick which bounced off a few bodies and ended up in the back of the net. Poco had majority of the possession and were the better team at half. Second half was the complete opposite. We played great and had majority of the possession and chances and were in there end most of the second half. Scored off a scramble in front of the net and late in the game missed a great opportunity to go up 2-1. Overall great game and fast paced and in the end it was a fair result. Poco still undefeated

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a lame excuse, we were still a temperate rain forest then and grass fields were a plenty AND well maintained by the cities. People have been brainwashed over the past 2 decades by lazy government.

:)
amen brother! Grass is the answer.

working with many municipalities they consider mowing the grass once per week as a costly expense.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a lame excuse, we were still a temperate rain forest then and grass fields were a plenty AND well maintained by the cities. People have been brainwashed over the past 2 decades by lazy government.

:)
There could quite possibly be triple the amount of soccer teams playing on the same amount of fields as way back when the government wasn't lazy..
There are 3 youth teams practicing on one half of the field these days. I'm just being realistic, turf will continue to become the norm. Long live turf!:dude:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
amen brother! Grass is the answer.

working with many municipalities they consider mowing the grass once per week as a costly expense.

It depends who owns the property the city or school district as well as what the field is rated which determines the schedule of grass cutting.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 14: Seeing as how the league hasn't put up the schedule for the week, I'm going off week 3 in reverse order.

Sparta vs Mission
Celtic vs Knights
FV vs Red Bulls
Milan vs TWU
Surrey Utd vs Royals
Dynamo
vs Pomo

Sparta need a win vs Mission to keep their chances of catching the Royals, I think they take this one 2-0
Celtic vs Knights have always been good games in the past, this will depend if Celtic get numbers, been a very tough year for the lads with injuries and work. Will need the bodies to get some points vs the Knights who have had a fairly good year.
Fraser Valley team bonding night worked and Stella has got her groove back. FV will take this one 2-1
Milan got the best of TWU in the first meeting of the year but I don't see it happening again. 3-1 TWU
Royals will take this match 3-0 against Surrey.
Dynamo steam rolled Pomo at the start of the year getting back in sync. I don't see a blow out this time but a 2-0 win for Dynamo.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's because kids are soft these days. As are their parents.

I cannot remember training ONCE on a grass field growing up, nevermind turf. We trained (and played sometimes) on gravel.
RF beat me to it. :D

Yeah, we did, but you know what? The gravel fields are all disappearing, and turf going in. Also, if you can get a turf patch, you jump on it, because it's simply better to train on.

Um, WTF is with this thread? Best FVSL thread out there.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf is they way to go for training in this wet rain forest.
Practising on gravel as a kid was horrible.

Grass should still be top priority for games.
But I get the weather and field availability in the winter...

Its playing on the turf in the spring/summer that absolutely makes me go bonkers.
That is horseshit - Full stop.

Yes - Best thread on TTP.

Carry on Lads

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the way they're doing it more and more in the UK.
Training on '3G' during the week to save the grass.
Matches on grass on the weekends - Always.
If its shitty weather and waterlogged on a Saturday - Postponed.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there's even any games this weekend...

Sparta vs Mission- The best team we've faced this year imo, but can't wait to get another crack at them as we've improved a lot since then.
Celtic 0-5 Knights - Knights cruise this one.
FVRD 2-1 RedBulls - FV to edge out Surrey.
Milan 0-4 TWU - Early goal for TWU deflates Milan.
SU 0-2 Royals - Surrey to keep it close, as they do in every game.
Dynamo 1-1 Pomo - Pomo on a high after taking a point from the Royals last week come up against another tough team. MOTW here for me.

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the way they're doing it more and more in the UK.
Training on '3G' during the week to save the grass.
Matches on grass on the weekends - Always.
If its shitty weather and waterlogged on a Saturday - Postponed.

I remember when the Macleod athletic park in the stadium in Langley was grass. They would have labour day tournaments there all weekends with 4-5 games a day and the fields held up relatively well.

I'm not sure why grass fields seem soo underutilized now.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember when the Macleod athletic park in the stadium in Langley was grass. They would have labour day tournaments there all weekends with 4-5 games a day and the fields held up relatively well.

I'm not sure why grass fields seem soo underutilized now.

American Football probably has something to do with it too. Unfortunately those guys absolutely munch grass, so it makes more sense for municipalities to build turf as it works as a multi sport surface.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of these days I'd like to sit down with someone at any one of the Park Boards and explain to me exactly why the grass fields seem to be under constant preservation / protection. Like...constantly. Shut down in the spring and summer to be preserved for winter, and shut down in the winter with only the slightest bit of wear, or threat of rain.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE="4thplacetrophy, post: 409977, member: 5528]

Side note. Bias opinion but we now have the nicest field in the entire FVSL.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me you will be brining the team back to Ridge very soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0