Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results September 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Utd vs LUFC Wolves 1-2 - Wolves' D is apparently intact now...unknown, but may make a difference.
Coquitlam MF Ajax vs SFC Bullets 1-1
GEU Rams vs GEU Tigers ? - Should be interesting...GEU Derby time!
Poco City FC Utd vs Poco Royals 2-2 - Pick 'em
Whalley Strikers vs Port Moody Lions 1-3 - I'm with Franchise here...Moody is just too strong.

I kinda like being the underdog, I'm already stoked for this game. I almost think a loss might help us, as I'm sure we're starting to get over-confident. Not that we're going to try to lose, but it might not be so bad. I still fully expect us to win though :D

soccerguy

Apr 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Aldergrove was a decent game.. i dont think the ball got into pocos half the whole first half and those guys cannot put the ball in the net! so many missed chances and then on a weird PK call aldergrove took the lead aldergrova prolly had only 5 shots at goal but poco couldnt score to save their lives misses everywhere

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace arch 0, westcoast sc 1.

not our best game by far. it was ours to lose and we did. no real excuses - we just played flat - apparently we didn't want it. westcoast is a young, fit, fast team that likes to play physical and are really good in the air.

we hung on to a 0-0 draw for the first half, then started playing a bit better in the second, though still not great. missed a couple of close ones on their net in the last 5 minutes, then, after a corner opportunity for us in which one of our players didn't see the ball land right behind him and ran the other way, one of their players took over and our team decided to see what he'd do if we just left him all alone. so he decided to dribble the length of the field and take a cracker that beat our keeper (who held us in until then) while the guys on field just admired the run.... sigh. after that we had a chance in the dying seconds where a deflection from their keeper went to our striker who just couldn't get it low enough - ball over net, ref blows whistle, that's all she wrote...

if we want to stay ahead of the pack, we'll need to play our game every time. looking at other results, looks like div 2a has a closely matched set of teams. we better play better next week.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings are up, combined rankings will be out after work, and we'll have a new number 1. Haven't heard anything from them yet but the GEU Pumas are one of many 3-0-0 teams, but have yet to allow a goal while scoring 8. The Langley Clones have also kept clean sheets in the first 3 games, but they've only put 5 away. The truly undefeated (no ties) are Langley Clones, Whalley Strikers, GEU Rams, Port Moody Lions, and GEU Pumas. We'll be down at least one more after this weekends games.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rev summed it up well. They were the better team for probably 70 minutes of that game. They were a fast physical team....i know b/c i got hammered by #21 in the second half. Did not see him coming and he got me late after i had already released the ball. No hard feeling though...if you dish it out you have to take it.

We sucked a$$ and it showed!

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the second half of the Delta Darby. Titans and Nat's played to a 1-1 draw. From what I saw it was pretty even, chances both ways but I think the nat's had the better half, and probably the best chance for a winner.

Titans Keeper sure makes you think twice before stepping into the six yard box...

Backend for the Nat's is looking solid and with 5 bodies in midfield, they are going to move the ball well through their end... now they need a finisher. Hopefully someone will step up and bury some chances for them in the next few games and get the season turned around.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings are up, combined rankings will be out after work, and we'll have a new number 1. Haven't heard anything from them yet but the GEU Pumas are one of many 3-0-0 teams, but have yet to allow a goal while scoring 8. The Langley Clones have also kept clean sheets in the first 3 games, but they've only put 5 away. The truly undefeated (no ties) are Langley Clones, Whalley Strikers, GEU Rams, Port Moody Lions, and GEU Pumas. We'll be down at least one more after this weekends games.

We could kick the Pumas ass(i know they read this);)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are the newly updated Combined Power Rankings, as I guessed, Pumas are now number one, with some big moves around the middle of the pack.

ThisWeek LastWeek Div Rank Group Team PowerRanking
1 4 1 C Golden Ears Pumas 66
2 1 1 B Whalley Strikers 62.5
3 2 1 A Langley Clones 61.5
4 3 2 B Golden Ears Rams 60.5
5 5 3 B Port Moody Lions 60
6 12 5 C PCNC United 56
7 8 2 C Dewdney Celtic 53
8 6 4 B SFC Bullets 49.5
9 7 2 A Peace Arch Selects 49.5
10 11 3 C Mission Blues 49.5
11 14 5 A Westcoast SC 44.5
12 15 6 A SFC W/House Caps 43.5
13 13 4 A North Delta Titans 42.5
14 9 3 A Sikh United 41.5
15 26 9 A Surrey Coyotes A 36
16 17 7 C Abbotsford Storm 35
17 18 5 B Poco Royals 33
18 10 3 C Surrey Coyotes B 31
19 19 8 C Langley Knights 30.5
20 16 6 C Columbia Bearcats 27
21 21 7 B Golden Ears Tigers 27
22 30 10 B Langley Wolves 25.5
23 22 6 B Poco City FC Utd 25
24 23 8 A White Rock Utd 25
25 27 10 A North Delta Nationals 23.5
26 25 9 C Golden Ears Titans 22.5
27 24 8 B Coquitlam MF Ajax 22
28 20 7 A Surrey Pylons 21.5
29 29 9 B Aldergrove Utd 20.5
30 28 10 C Port Moody Magpies 19

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hel no one from Div2 posts anything for a whole day???? what gives? Stallion must have been working today.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are havin a terrible start to the season... Had a tough time gettin a team together to start. And we havent started to play any defense yet! We are givin teams goals on silver platters. Moody isnt very good...we were just shocking again. We gave them 2 breakaways from the halfline, one was a pass from our guy to them for a clean break. If we dont start playin some D its gna be a long and ugly season. We also havent generated much offense, too busy humpin the ball up the field most of the time onto the bigger defenders head. As soon as we can settle it down and play proper soccer it should come together. Until then yikes!!

We should have beat the Tigers, their goalie saved the game for them. The Strikers are def beatable, but not if we play that way again, and we were all over Moody in the first 20 but didnt put away any of our 8 chances then gave them some freebies. Oh well hopefully we sort it out

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hel no one from Div2 posts anything for a whole day???? what gives? Stallion must have been working today.

I was too busy grieving about not being first in the power rankings. Although they really are starting to cramp down on internet usage at work, so you guys won't have to hear from me as often :D

Superstriker, good to hear that Moody is beatable, we're going to need all the help we can get this weekend, and you guys will be a much better team if you don't hump the ball up the park, you're strikers have the speed and talent, they just rarely get the ball.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We should have beat the Tigers, their goalie saved the game for them.
It usually only takes a day or two for you to come on here and say how you should have won, but this and that happend. Dean made two great saves, yes, but so did your keeper and we hit a crossbar and three posts. You were lucky to tie. We were disappointed with only one point.

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, Magpies are great. Feel bad for them this year, as you can see the difference I made to the team when I was there.

Great guys, great coach!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, Magpies are great. Feel bad for them this year, as you can see the difference I made to the team when I was there.

Great guys, great coach!

Take your garbage to the div 1 thread were people care how good you say you are.

I have never seen a guy with a bigger head then you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0