Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] MOTW January 13 - 15 '06

Jan. 13-15 MOTW?

• Aldergrove host Tsawwassen

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • LUFC host GEU

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Poco host N. Coquitlam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None worthy of MOTW consideration

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW time boys, so here are you candidates for this weekend...with the end of the season fast approaching, each match now takes on more and more importance.

Aldergrove United host Tsawwassen Royals ( 2A): With LUFC and Port Moody facing teams well below them in the standings, this matchup between the third and fourth place squads is the most pivotal in this table. The 'grove hold two games at hand on the Royals, and taking three points in each of those may just be enough to propel them over the Royals for third by season's end. Alder took the first match 2-0, and I'm thinking this one will be close as well. MOTW?

LUFC Clones host GEU Tigers ( 2B ): With the Poco match being cancelled in advance of the weekend, there is a dearth of relevant matches in this table. That being said, it appears this match between the Tigers and Clones could prove to be a closely contested one, and one that does have relevance to the Tigers and the top of the table. While a promotion spot is out of reach, second spot it attainable for the Tigers if they essentially run the table. With Poco idle, it is essential that the Tigers take three here of a game Clones squad coming off a victory over Poco last weekend. MOTW?

Poco City Athletic host N. Coquitlam Hades ( 2C ): While they are still in striking distance of Celtic, any and all league matches they play from here on out trump all others in 2C for MOTW consideration from this table. Last meeting between these two squads resulted in a 4-1 Hades victory, and they'll need to duplicate that effort in order to keep their promotion hopes alive. Both squads are coming off 0-0 ties last weekend, and will be hungry for the win. Anything less than three points will kill any chance of promotion for Hades. MOTW?

Here are you candidates...place your votes, and post your thoughts!

~Shaven

r0y4l

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just to let you know, having a "non worthy of MOTW" category doesnt really make sense. all MOTW means is that, of the matches that week, this one is the best. it has nothing to do with whether or not it would make MOTW in any other week. just a heads up for a man as brilliant as yourself:confused: , im sure you were just waiting to see if we would pick up on this.:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, promotion isn't out of the question for the Tigers. We are only 7 pts behind Aldergrove and we have to play them one more time. We'll need some help, but it isn't a dead issue.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I chose the battle of the Masters wannabes, Clones vs. Tigers. If I had to chose a match to go watch, this would be it. Yes, it will be slow- slower than molasses oozing downhill on a cold winter night- but there will be no shortage of old toothless bastards banging away at each other, even if for just old times sakes. A predict the...erm...thedude :rolleyes: gets one for the cats on a rocket from 45 yards out (because he won't move any closer to goal without a roadmap and carefully planned strategy), but big George to bang in two for the Clones, because he'll be the fittest guy out there.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley v GEU - 2 reasons, the other games should suck and because theRob used the word dearth.

I kinda think Celtic - Pomo could have been considered MOTW over Hades/Poco. If Hades doesn't win they shouldn't have been considered for MOTW anyway. They should win this easily. The Nationals winning would put them ahead of Langley in the standings with out any games in hand - Langley's game in hand is vs Celtic, so this is the big match for the Bank - chance to get back in the race for 3rd.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:
You forgot ND vs Langley;)

'Forgot' isn't really an accurate way to describe it...hmm, let's see...oh yes, I know just the phrase: passed over ;) . For the reason, please reference bulljive's post :D .

Just so there's no confusion for you, I'd clarify the acronym MOTW for you: It's not Match-of-the-WEAK...it's Match-of-the-WEEK...clear on that? ;)

bored, isn't the Celtic/Moody matchup cancelled this coming weekend? I believe that's what I saw on the FVSL website. If I'm wrong on this, please correct me.

TR, the Tigers may be mathematically still in the hunt. I apologise for counting you out :D .

Royal, the reason there is a 'None worthy' option is that there have been, and will again be, weeks where there isn't really a match in any table of any great conscequence, and therefore the option is given so that one might 'voice' that opinion, given the choices. It has proven to be a viable option thus far, and therefore is a legitimate option. See, I am smart enough to figure things out :rolleyes: .

~Shaven

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I Yes, it will be slow- slower than molasses oozing downhill on a cold winter night- but there will be no shortage of old toothless bastards banging away at each other.

Hey I resemble that. :mad:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
bored, isn't the Celtic/Moody matchup cancelled this coming weekend? I believe that's what I saw on the FVSL website. If I'm wrong on this, please correct me.
Consider yourself corrected - for now the game is still on, Sunday evening. Its on Turf so I imagine that it will go ahead unless the Burrard Inlet floods.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
aldergrove hosting tsawwassen. should be a good one, i think we're better prepared this time around to play these guys.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
'Forgot' isn't really an accurate way to describe it...hmm, let's see...oh yes, I know just the phrase: passed over ;) . For the reason, please reference bulljive's post :D .

Athletic have 1 win in their last 8... should be a great game.:rolleyes:

Due to the still brewing fued between Shaven and Walls...Oh, just so everyone understands, by NOT picking the Nationals, Shaven thinks it's a funny little joke on Walls... but for everyone else... Langley Vs. Delta is the candidate in 2c. Third vs. Forth...as Shaven puts it Match of the Weak??? (Last time I checked Your team was in Forth too???) And they need the win. We beat them last time away so they have to play on the turf at mackie late Saturday night. I would agree that it probably isn't the MOTW, but it should have been considered.

Jive we may be one win in our last five but at 6-3-4 we are earning SOME respect at the Div 2 level. Assuming we don't lose any MORE players to the Div 1 team, we MAY be in the running next year.:)

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
but for everyone else... Langley Vs. Delta is the candidate in 2c. Third vs. Forth...

As usual Backline, you only see what you want to see, and not what's actually written...re-read my post, as I clearly state that the reason the Athletics/Hades match is a MOTW candidate is due to the Hades shot at promotion, and that they largely control their own destiny with all the games at hand they hold on Celtic. It is an interesting, if not compelling, situation that warrants MOTW consideration until, or if, they falter and take themselves out of the running. Celtic, DMU and Hades are the promotion contenders, and the Nationals are not. With a mere 4-5 matches left in the season, I'd say most TTP'ers would agree that trumps any match the Nationals are going to play, save for any against the Hades, DMU or Celtic that will impact this three-horse race. I was merely responding to D13's post, is all. No shot at walls, or any of you. Don't be so sensitive ;) .

~Shaven

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
they (Hades) largely control their own destiny with all the games at hand they hold on Celtic.
No they don't, they only have 2 games in hand and are 10 points behind. Maybe my math isn't very good??

There are only 2 teams that control their own destiny and Hades is NOT one of them.

DMU need to beat Celtic in their head to head and match Celtic point for point in all their other games. Celtic needs to earn as many points as DMU (provided they both don't go for a major slide), if the Celtic beat Hades they are nearly sure to finish ahead of them but even if they don't Hades will need a bit of help.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
pretty sure that the grass games will be cancelled this weekend as its been pissing all week... but if we do get to play I think our match with the royals will definatly be a better match then last time... mainly because we are not playing a farmers field...

Cantuzzi #10

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF do you call Parkside? Not mutch better than that patch the Royals play on, plus you guys never cut the grass in the fall. If there was ever a home park advantage, you guys have it.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
WTF do you call Parkside? Not mutch better than that patch the Royals play on, plus you guys never cut the grass in the fall. If there was ever a home park advantage, you guys have it.

Couldn't agree more Dude, Parkside is a terrible pitch...one of the worst in the league.

~Shaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0