Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] MOTW Week 4 2005

Which is your FVSL Div 2 Week 4 MOTW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't really know all the teams out there but i'll do my best with what i've seen and heard.

Port Coquitlam Gunners vs. North Delta Titans
two of the top teams in 2a battle it out here in a game that could prove to be huge down the stretch. the young Gunners have been very vocal here since their week two win, but ended up with a draw against T-town last week. the Titans always show up to play and are very tough on the turf...no matter whose it is.

Dewdney FC Celtic vs. North Coquitlam Hades
dewdney has proven to be a top team in 2c and will be playing a hades team that is better than their record shows. the 2c champs from last year need a win here to stay afloat but it will not come easy against a veteran team that racks up as many beers than they do points.

North Delta Nationals vs. Delta Metro United
the div2 derby of delta has arrived and will be played at the mackie turf saturday at 9:00pm. DMU is a strong club that came up short against the Lions two weeks ago but bounced back this week. the Nationals are out to make a statement this game after taking 3 points in Pomo, to prove not only that they can play in 2c, but are a legitament frontrunner.

GEU Tigers vs. Aldergrove Undivided
the second and third place teams in 2b match up in what should be a cracker. this tilt will give good seperation from the rest of the 2b teams with a win and could leave two teams at the top to run away with the division. i haven't seen or heard anything of either of these teams, but their standings alone state that this match is a good contender for MOTW.

GEU Titans vs. GEU Wolves
well not too much to say for this other than the two games the GEU teams of 2c have against each other will most likely decide relegation. should prove to be a laugher with a lot of own goals, but you never know. who wants to stay in the second division more?? should this one be called the match of the WEAK?

last time i'm doing this!!
have at it gentlemen, and good luck this weekend :wa: !!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: MOTW Division 2

I think all the games for MOTW are cracker's even the Wolfs/Titans game the Titans need this one then the Wolfs because I think the Wolfs will be a better team in the long run and the Titans need points now, and when two club teams get together it could make for a heated match as some guys on each team might not like each other for whatever reason

The Gunners/ND Titans game will be another great match with the Titans a few back of first and you add in LUFC playing N. Coquitlam alot will change this weekend

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
GEU Titans vs. GEU Wolves
..... a lot of own goals, but you never know. who wants to stay in the second division more?? should this one be called the match of the WEAK?
I'm going with this match of the weak.... they are fairly evenly matched, and the own goals may be on purpose just for the oppertunity of moving down. The problem with this club is that they have to disperse all thier talent to two teams, so neither becomes the dominant team... just like DFC Celtic and DFC Coachmen :rolleyes:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walls, nice work on the MOTW, please moderate in moderation.

Geu V Geu my pick, just for the human interest story.

Dewd will be an interesting game, Hades appears to be struggling so far but Arsenal wasn't rated very highly and they proved to be pretty good, we'll see.

The Bank v DMU is very important as well, these teams should hate each other as ones homes park is in the other ones neighborhood and nobody really knows whose home park it is so there will me mass confusion and a decent tilt.

Wolves, Dewd, Bank.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
it appears that the hades lost 4-1 to the wolves...WTF???
i agree w/your pics bored and think the titans will draw with homo....er......Pomo.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Walls, nice work on the MOTW, please moderate in moderation.

Geu V Geu my pick, just for the human interest story.

Dewd will be an interesting game, Hades appears to be struggling so far but Arsenal wasn't rated very highly and they proved to be pretty good, we'll see.

The Bank v DMU is very important as well, these teams should hate each other as ones homes park is in the other ones neighborhood and nobody really knows whose home park it is so there will me mass confusion and a decent tilt.

Wolves, Dewd, Bank.

Yes a big game for ND and DMU. Both teams want the W. I dont know why we would hate them. What nobody really knows is we really dont care whose neighborhood or park we play at. Doesnt matter to us. We dont really know anything about ND. Should be a good game though.

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
it appears that the hades lost 4-1 to the wolves...WTF???
i agree w/your pics bored and think the titans will draw with homo....er......Pomo.
umm..we are definetly Port Moody, not Port Coquitlam, as you improperly posted in the poll and the pre-game babble, secondly...i think the gunners can pull 3 pts out this weekend under the lights in Pomo, as we always seem to bounce back very well from a dissapointing result from teh previous week.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've noticed the Pomo guys have turned down the smack, and are a little more humble in the postings. They've discovered the Skytrain curse...it had such an adverse affect on him, he hardly posts anymore, for fear of Armageddon.

Don't know about the rest, but in 2A, the Titan vs. Gunners is the most interesting. Two turf strong squads. Titans defend well, and by all accounts Gunners can move forward well. Both young squads, so should be a good pace...perhaps more of the chicken-with-head-cut-off variety, but pacey nonetheless. Looking for a good result from the Titans; 1-0.

Hammy

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we have turned down our banter. We realized that all the trash talk we were giving was getting us no where. We arent here to bring down anyone or have anyone bring down us. We are the Gunners! We're a young, quick team with incredible ball control. We will have our off days and on days but come to the Gunners home turf and be ready to play cause you'll be seeing one explosive squad. Good luck to everyone this year and i know its cliche but only way to put it. May the best team win :) Gunners vs. Titans Friday night, pomo turf @ 7:30pm....Cya all there!!

Your friendly neighbourhood keeper :D

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
notaek said:
umm..we are definetly Port Moody, not Port Coquitlam, as you improperly posted in ......
sorry bud, must be cuz i have no respect for c*ck sucking little arseholes who talk smack like their's no tommorow for three weeks then pipe down like the little sally's they are when a team puts the body on them and pulls out a draw.
either that, or i simply made a mistake ;) .

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammy said:
Yes we have turned down our banter. We realized that all the trash talk we were giving was getting us no where.
thats smart of you guys.
We arent here to bring down anyone or have anyone bring down us.
also very smart. i may just learn to like these guys.
We are the Gunners! We're a young, quick team with incredible ball control. .... come to the Gunners home turf and be ready to play cause you'll be seeing one explosive squad
you bi-polar little arsehole. you sure had me going for a minute. way to tone it down. i wouldn't watch you if you were in a train wreck. is your guys home turf made of some different material than every other turf or something. you're either good on turf or you're not....unless your turf is astro-turf or you field is 1.5 miles above sea level, i don't think your turf is quite the advantage you guys claim it to be. especially when playing a team that has trained, and played on the shite for the last four years.

Hammy

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not here to go back and forth and say why we're better cause very well the Titans are a tight squad and that is why they are in the top 3. Im just saying the Gunners have homefield advantage. It will be a great game nontheless!! Come out and watch!

Hammy

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plus there fans really get into it they have more people watching them then some Premier teams, I'm not kidding they had a ton of poeple when the not so mighty Rams....I would say played them, but I don't think we played much soccer that night and to make matters worse a group of there fans jumped one of my team mates when hes was the only guy left in the parking lot :rolleyes: Hammy had a really boring night that night not one shot :eek: boring

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners and Titans. Good test for the over confident gunners. Titans are a team very capable of grinding out wins against very skilled teams, see knights final last year. 2-1 Titans

Celtic and Hades. Lets be honest, ND would love the Hades to right the ship enough to pull off a win, but the Celtic are going to take this one. Anyone want to talk about Hades relegation. 3-1 Celtic.

Nationals and united. Seeing as how these guys are the reason we had to change our names, I say we play for it...just kidding. I know nothing of the Southys so... Our Defence holds the fort for another clean sheet. 2-0 Nats.

Geu and Geu. 0-0 draw. stay at the bottom.

gwai

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno but from all accounts ive heard from hades their game on the weekend they won something like 7-4

odd the standings say otherwise

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
sorry bud, must be cuz i have no respect for c*ck sucking little arseholes who talk smack like their's no tommorow for three weeks then pipe down like the little sally's they are when a team puts the body on them and pulls out a draw.
either that, or i simply made a mistake ;) .

i've gained some respect for the gunners skill on the field, but none when they come on here and talk shite like they are gonna be in premier in 2 years. i'd like to see them stick around div2 for another season so we can have a few more cracks at them. they're doing quite well for themselves though so only time will tell...shitty the royals couldn't pull out the win after being down 2-0, then taking a 3-2 lead....

Titans, my suggestion for this weekend....come out strong and physical. you're going to have to move the ball fast as they are very aggressive on the counter attack. their forwards are probably the fastest forwards i've played against since i started playing in the FVSL. that said though, it doesn't take much to get them off the ball when they're running at top speed. their main forward is of average size i'd say, their sub for him was taller, looked a little older. both have got great touch on the ball so watch out for them. their right forward may have been a callup cuz i heard they had 5 or so on the day (must be nice... :rolleyes: ) but he was pretty skinny, fast, but easily moved off the ball. these guys are easily pushed around. they'll bitch and moan all day about playing with skill, but when it comes right down to it, soccer is a contact sport, i'd take advantage of that fact this weekend. that's not to say try and start anything, but get your shoulder in there when fighting for the ball.

who here plays for the titans anyways if not walls?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
gwai said:
I dunno but from all accounts ive heard from hades their game on the weekend they won something like 7-4

odd the standings say otherwise

that was the score :eek:

They got every bounce and capitalized I think on 5 straight corner kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0