Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldegrove 3 - Nomads 0

well, what can i say......aldy is a great team. They play hard as a team, defend extremely well and counter attack like ive never seen before. They got 2 goals in the first 15min from some somewhat poor defending. The first was a scrambly free kick lob in the box that landed on the foot of their player in my 6 and he walked around me and scored. 2nd was a failed clearance at the top of the 18 that found another one of their guys and placed a shot directly in the top corner, off the crossbar and in. Couldn't do nothing but watch.

Then they defended with class. 8 to 9 guys behind the ball at all times within the 36. We were doing alright working the ball somewhat close to their net but never looked super threatening. Had a good amount of chances but nothing really dangerous. They just basically plugged the middle and we couldn't do shite.

Third goal came within the last 10min as we were pressing. They got a free kick close to the 18, I set up a wall and no one picked up the guy beside the wall. Aldy player made a pass to the guy outside the wall, had all the time in the world and placed a beautiful shot over top of me into the far top corner (kinda a chip lob with power). Made a nice save in the 1st and some big ones late in the game to keep it at 3 and that was it. Got down early and never recovered.

All the best to Aldegrove. Great team, definetly the best we played so far. Looking forward to the rematch

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid game from the Nomads, they were pressing for chunks of the 2nd half and did a good job controlling the ball up the field, good short passes, impressive game for a newly promoted group. They'll be top half of 2A at the end, and may push for top 3 spot. I'm looking forward to see nomads/wolves results next week.

Attachments

• 1135217339_1097680156.gif
    1135217339_1097680156.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 254

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolves 3 - Caps 0
Solid game finally played like we know we can and had fun doing it, a little bit pissed off cause i got put in net i guess im just a natural all around managed to get the clean sheet without gloves. Goalie finally showed up with 10 mins left in the game... never again will i play goal i need action not just stopping the ball whenever its coming at me I need to be running!

On to the Nomads Next weekend Housearrest hope your ready got some pent up anger now and im gonna be blasting a few past you =)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
. Goalie finally showed up with 10 mins left in the game...

On to the Nomads Next weekend Housearrest hope your ready got some pent up anger now and im gonna be blasting a few past you =)

Good result. Where was your keeper? Your coach forget him in the driveway when he left for the game?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There team is so good they don't wear jersey's they go skins.

Watch there offside trap, its good:rolleyes::rolleyes:
thanks for the heads up franchise....i still can't believe teams choose to play an offside trap with one official...it's just toooooo risky...if ref is :confused: he mite call it, he mite not and i'd hate to lose a game knowing the ref was the reason....there are a few teams in our div i've seen use the offside trap: westcoast, pegasus and they've caught forwards offside but i've seen also times where both teams executed it to perfection but the ref didn't see it and he let play continue...

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

lol! alright man, ill be ready for ya! blast away...remember though, I'm due for a shutout, haven't gotten one yet, so what perfect time to get one than against u guys:)

ps. as for the bet, u get 3 on me, ill buy u a case of beer...but I won't bother asking ya what kind of beer u like cause I won't need to know :)

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid game from the Nomads, they were pressing for chunks of the 2nd half and did a good job controlling the ball up the field, good short passes, impressive game for a newly promoted group. They'll be top half of 2A at the end, and may push for top 3 spot. I'm looking forward to see nomads/wolves results next week.

ya, hopefully with our best midfileder and forward back next time around we can be a little more dangerous around the net.

good game aldy

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what was the score between the coyotes and langley players ?
final score was 5-0 for us coulda been more but we kinda let up a bit we only had 11 1/2 players they had like 20 guys out..score pretty much says it all. they just cant put anything together. they had 2 decent chances all game n cudnt finish. ref was the same guy we had in week 1 was brutal just like week 1... I can't believe how these guys got promoted..onto an actual challenge next week vs the rams...

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya, hopefully with our best midfileder and forward back next time around we can be a little more dangerous around the net.

good game aldy
yeah I already got a shutout this year and im a striker... Still due for that Hatrick though. Can't Wait! If i only get 2 goals im gonna be pissed haha... As for the beer ill tell you in person after I score my 3rd haha. :p

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result. Where was your keeper? Your coach forget him in the driveway when he left for the game?
Haha, something like that... He decided to sleep in till 9:55 or so, guess he had fun last night. I had only agreed to 1 half and was fcuking livid at half time when I was told i was in for the whole game now.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 3- Nomads 0

Typical Langley vs. Grove game - strong but fair tackles, tons of hustle, and both teams going to the final whistle. (#22 should pass more and stay on his feet)

Good news for us is that our team has really started to mesh we play the system, our fitness is getting back to were it needs to be, and timely finishing.

Look forward to facing Titan4life and Team Canada next week at the comfy confines of parkside, always seems to be a low scoring battle with these guys... but now that housearrest has moved teams may be a different story... How’s the team Look this year TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0