Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2: Results and Banter Feb. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then lads, its on to the month that honours St. Valentine's, the month when the lonely among us feel lonelier, and the less lonely feel poorer. ;)

Here's the link to January's last post:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6997

Good luck to us all in February in the next two Cup rounds!

...oh, and a speedy recovery to Kevin, though I can't say I have any idea who he is, a brutal injury to suffer so late in the season to be sure.

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sheep

Let me know about there game Friday .....North Delta FC 2A Surrey Raiders 3B Mackie Park Turf 9:00pm

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa, what's up with the rather large ( :rolleyes: ) font Franchise? A bit excessive...there'll be no more of that from here on. Did you lose your glasses old man, or what?

~Shaven

P.S. To all...I'll be posting a Cup MOTW poll either tonight or tomorrow morning, so stay tuned and have your say!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Whoa, what's up with the rather large ( :rolleyes: ) font Franchise? A bit excessive...there'll be no more of that from here on. Did you lose your glasses old man, or what?

~Shaven

P.S. To all...I'll be posting a Cup MOTW poll either tonight or tomorrow morning, so stay tuned and have your say!

No just proving a point to Sheep. He likes to argue fights he can't win!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Shaven, Since you pointed out that "Your" " You're" spelling mistake, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon, since little else is being posted lately... I rarely spelchek, cuz I don't care aboot it much... but in 'your' post related to the spelling, you spelled 'mon amie' wrong.... unless the Franchise is a fluffy.... it should read 'mon ami'. french lesson over. :)

Franchise you spelled 'there' wrong .... should be thier ... did I spell that right? ;)

Celtic crushed Poco on the 28th.... Poco narrowly missing on a few chances in the first. I think the game was pretty even up till the half... Celtic up 1-nil at the half. 4 goals in the second, one called back on the offside. The shot hit the crossbar, and the guy came in late to head it home. Shouldn't have been called back, but well take the 4-nil anyway. Great to get out of a game without a PK against...

Cup round next week I believe. Hades on deck for that one. The've had a slide over the last bit, but I expect they'll be taking that out on us. We beat them last league game 1-0, so they'll be eager to change that.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I liked there chances to if they were playing the Hurricanes this Friday

They play the Surrey Raiders on Sunday.....Wow you impress me more and more each day

Actually Franchise they are playing on Saturday. So you are wrong again.

North Delta FC 2A Surrey Raiders 3B Mackie Park Turf Saturday 9:00pm.

Maybe you should get you facts straight before you make a post.

By the way we are practicing on the new turf field tomorrow night. How does that gravel feel on your knees and palms when you fall down at Albion.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Hey Shaven,...in 'your' post related to the spelling, you spelled 'mon amie' wrong.... unless the Franchise is a fluffy.... it should read 'mon ami'. french lesson over. :)

Murky buckets, guru. :D

~Shaven

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Actually Franchise they are playing on Saturday. So you are wrong again.

North Delta FC 2A Surrey Raiders 3B Mackie Park Turf Saturday 9:00pm.

Maybe you should get you facts straight before you make a post.

you know your good when...2 players from a different citys argue back and forth about when NDFC play...kinda funny to me...how everyone wonders about us.....A dopeashell apperance on sat night is a maybe so.....
im out

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
pipe down dopeashell you know you are going to play so quit trying to get attention. a maybe come on.. don't kid yourself. dopeashell made his first appearance on sunday for the last 20 and looked dynamite it is going to be a nice addition having him back. Our other new addition looks like he is going to be a huge help over the final stretch in the midfield as well

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
Hey ****ashell no one gives a rats ass about your squad but you and yours, trust me!

I feel jelousy scoop dawg enjoy div 2 next year, and the year after that, and the year after that..... I know it sucks because we are contenders and your team is just a bunch of pretenders and look I can ryme DAWG

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey 0-4-8 star and the rest of the Foo Foos on your team, how do you guys feel about competing for first place against a team that has an average age of nearly twice your guys age. Theres a lot riding on the next 3 games for us and you guys so my advice is SHHHHHH!!!

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chopper, SHHHHHHHHHHH doesn't work for us and is not our style. We like to talk alot as it makes it that much sweeter when we back it up and win. It's a great accomplishment for you guys to be in the running for Div 2 at your age, but remember one thing: YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED US YET. After your 2 games against us, we won't be competing with you guys as we'll have clinched 1st place. :D

Chopper said:
Hey 0-4-8 star and the rest of the Foo Foos on your team, how do you guys feel about competing for first place against a team that has an average age of nearly twice your guys age. Theres a lot riding on the next 3 games for us and you guys so my advice is SHHHHHH!!!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
Hey ****ashell no one gives a rats ass about your squad but you and yours, trust me!

Oh Scoop, it just hasn't been the same without you... :rolleyes:

Who do you play this weekend Scoop?

~Shaven

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Hey Shaven, Since you pointed out that "Your" " You're" spelling mistake, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon, since little else is being posted lately... I rarely spelchek, cuz I don't care aboot it much... but in 'your' post related to the spelling, you spelled 'mon amie' wrong.... unless the Franchise is a fluffy.... it should read 'mon ami'. french lesson over. :)

Franchise you spelled 'there' wrong .... should be thier ... did I spell that right? ;)

Celtic crushed Poco on the 28th.... Poco narrowly missing on a few chances in the first. I think the game was pretty even up till the half... Celtic up 1-nil at the half. 4 goals in the second, one called back on the offside. The shot hit the crossbar, and the guy came in late to head it home. Shouldn't have been called back, but well take the 4-nil anyway. Great to get out of a game without a PK against...

Cup round next week I believe. Hades on deck for that one. The've had a slide over the last bit, but I expect they'll be taking that out on us. We beat them last league game 1-0, so they'll be eager to change that.

Wow that is actually an accurate assessment. We were unlucky as our keeper has left the team because of personal problems, and my old(not as old as guru's) shoulder decided to pop out several times during the game. After we failed to put away our opportunites in the first we seemed to give up. With me being out for cup game sunday and us going with a keeper that hasn't played much lately, we will have to earn our win sunday.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Wow that is actually an accurate assessment. We were unlucky as our keeper has left the team because of personal problems, and my old(not as old as guru's) shoulder decided to pop out several times during the game. After we failed to put away our opportunites in the first we seemed to give up. With me being out for cup game sunday and us going with a keeper that hasn't played much lately, we will have to earn our win sunday.
Are you suggesting I usually bullshit? :mad:

The first could have gone either way, we got a great ball through for the breakaway, and no chance for the keep. After the second goal, you guys gave up. Our keeper works with your keeper, we were told his weakness was shots to the net, so we changed our normal style of shooting wide or over top. :rolleyes:

Looking at all the scores from 2C, it's pretty apparent that any team can beat anyone on any given day. Top teams squeaking out wins against bottom teams etc. Either we're a pretty competitive group, or we're all the shitz! I'd like to think the first.... but my brain tells me we're the later :(

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru I finally realized something we are all shite div 2a, b, c. Some of the shite just stinks worse then the rest

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Guru I finally realized something we are all shite div 2a, b, c. Some of the shite just stinks worse then the rest
Same shite... different group :rolleyes:

However, some people think thier shite doesn't stink at all!

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I feel jelousy scoop dawg enjoy div 2 next year, and the year after that, and the year after that..... I know it sucks because we are contenders and your team is just a bunch of pretenders and look I can ryme DAWG

Handjive c'mon you're a contender in div 2 big deal. Let me guess you're
in your early twenties and you;re playing div 2, if you were any good you'd
be playing up a div or two and don't say i'm playing with my friends thats
weak.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will be playing up a division next year with my team and I guarantee I could play premier. In fact I have been asked to play premier. its a personal choice i am playing with my friends but they are all good players. Their is a difference in trying to build a good team and playing with friends. I am "friends" with everybody on my team and thats why we do so well. WE became friends through the team for the most part. I am not saying I am anything special but i am a hell of alot better then a div 2 player. WE started in div 4, 2 years ago won it, last year we had 4 key injuries and absent players including myself for the first half of the year. upon our return we went undefeated the whole second half of the season including cup until we lost in the final. This year we are in first which is pretty much all but wrapped up. but hey I should leave my team and go play a division up so I can convince you I am a good player. Hey snoop dog let me guess you are a plug that should be playing a level lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0