Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notaek

Don't think I said we slayed a giant. I said you didn't play well, which you agree with. I said you put us under pressure for the last 10mins, which you agree with (sleep for 80mins). I said you had the majority of possession, you agree with that.

I said if you played like you did in the 2nd half for the whole game you would have beaten us.

You scored from a penalty, we scored from open play. You hit a post, we hit the crossbar.

I said I wasn't impressed based on what I saw in that game - you agree that you weren't at your best.

We agree on all of these points...so what's exactly is your point?

I never said you don't deserve to be 2nd top, nor did I say you aren't a good team. So why are you being defensive?

You're only as good as your last game & that was a 1-1 draw with the team bottom of the league (which your team-mates kindly pointed out to us throughout the game).

Move on, focus on the game with Langley. If you beat Langley, kudos to you.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to this game personally. Don't know what to think of this team going in.

One: their big keeper is back from suspension; his red obviously had an effect on the outcome of their first of the two ties in a row, and I wonder is his absence somehow played a role in the one this past weekend. I know we'd be a shell- yes a shell- of ourselves without the Garden Gnome between the pipes. Hey may be short, but he sure is wide.

Two: I go back to the record over the past two seasons...only one loss, in the Provincial U-21 final, if I'm not mistaken. Translation: good habits, accustomed to winning, and getting results.

Also, doesn't help that we're at their pitch. I've read that those Port Moody parents can pack a mean sideline pisstake. But, the glass is half full: maybe we'll see some hot moms who'll fancy a beverage at the Golden Spike afterwards.

For our part, we'd like to close out the division this weekend, which only gets us part way to promotion. For our part, we have a lot of guys who've played in a lot of big games over the past 5 years. Fitness is still an issue from the break, but hopefully we can keep these young guys at bay long enough to adjust to their pace, then somehow pull out a win.

Should be good!

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Also, doesn't help that we're at their pitch. I've read that those Port Moody parents can pack a mean sideline pisstake. But, the glass is half full: maybe we'll see some hot moms who'll fancy a beverage at the Golden Spike afterwards.

hahaha, I like that comment, however, I doubt the "hot moms" will want to go to The Spike with a group of guys who will be drinking their sorrows away. :p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's where you're wrong. It's a win / win for us. Win the match, MILFS want to hang out with a winner. Don't win the match (I don't use the "L" word), and they'd still rather hang with us than a bunch of snot nosed teenagers, plus it's in their nature to comfort and console.

"I feel shame, Mrs. Robinson. I've been a bad, bad boy..."

Watch and learn, grasshopper. ;)

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ScotKop said:
We played a pretty solid game - defended deep so they had no space to run into - seemed to leave them with a lack of creativity.
Limited them to shoots from outside the 18 for most of the game & when they did get a decent sighter our keeper made the save.
To me it sounds like you took all the credit for upsetting us, therefore "slaying the giant".
ScotKop said:
Fair to say they may have underestimated us - who wouldn't - as they spent most of the first half smack talking about us being bottom.
That seems to be the best comeback to you guys calling us young little bitches when you walk thru our backs everytime a 50/50 ball is challenged for cause you couldnt get position on us.
SkotKop said:
But by half time when they were 1-0 down with their dummies scattered across the pitch they decided to come out & play.
And after a comment like "dummies" you honestly didn't expect me to become defensive?

Really, if you are posting comments with "their dummies" in it, you are just asking for a negative response. Im not saying you didn't play well or hard or whatever or that you didn't deserve the point, obvoiusly im upset that we didn't get the other two. However, I am saying that those comments aren't needed unless you want rebuttle, and once again, thanks for playing for the tie, really shows your athletic drive to win.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noteak, stop posting for a team you dont play for.

Scotkop can post whatever he wants about the team, because even if he does not say it, they "slayed a giant". They are in a position not too many envy, and had one goal in mind walking into this game, and met it walking out, to upset our season, which by "playing for a tie" they did. We only got the one point and have lost control of our own destiny. What is the point in crying over who controlled the game when it really comes down to the final result. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

That being said, Langley better be prepared for a game friday under the lights, because if we cant win Div.2, we'll do our best to be the only undefeated team not to.

Dude- win or lose, go for Noteaks mom.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went into the game expecting nothing - even JB said he expected you to run up a score against us. We setup our tactics to stifle & come away with at least a point (in our situation every point counts right now). So mission accomplished.

The focus wasn't on spoiling the Gunners season, it was to gain ground on the 2 Surrey teams above us which we did.

Good luck to both Gunners & Langley - hope the game lives up to the hype...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutchie,

What kind of quality are we talking about here? Stifler's Mom, or Slumpbuster?

For a friend, of course,

~Dude.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard through the grape vine that there is
some unhappy rumblings in the Port Moody
camp.:confused: Coach making untimely
subs,players thinking they should be playing
more. Also heard that players were talking
about joing with the fury if they don't win
promotion. Beuller?

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah,

Our coach is the scotty Bowman of soccer. In fact i think he runs all of port moody soccer. And the Fury can keep wishing, as they have for years, that we would join with them. Truth be told most of this team (with the exception to myself and a few others) have been together, with this coach, since they were "wee lads", and to the best of my knowledge plan to keep it that way.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch08 said:
Our coach is the scotty Bowman of soccer. In fact i think he runs all of port moody soccer. And the Fury can keep wishing, as they have for years, that we would join with them. Truth be told most of this team (with the exception to myself and a few others) have been together, with this coach, since they were "wee lads", and to the best of my knowledge plan to keep it that way.

man, just shut up, you sound like a jackass. scotty bowman of soccer? please. doesn't your team have like 3 coaches? it's div2 soccer, not the premiership buddy. the royals have never had a coach. imagine how good we could be if we had the "scotty bowman of soccer" as our coach. meh. on with it.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch08 said:
. Truth be told most of this team (with the exception to myself and a few others) have been together, with this coach, since they were "wee lads", .

You get my vote for an Oscar, or even a Juno! What a heart warming speech.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
One: their big keeper is back from suspension; his red obviously had an effect on the outcome of their first of the two ties in a row, and I wonder is his absence somehow played a role in the one this past weekend. I know we'd be a shell- yes a shell- of ourselves without the Garden Gnome between the pipes. Hey may be short, but he sure is wide.

Actually, in the first one, the game was already tied with about 5-10 min left, so it didn't really affect the outcome at all.

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
man, just shut up, you sound like a jackass. scotty bowman of soccer? please. doesn't your team have like 3 coaches? it's div2 soccer, not the premiership buddy. the royals have never had a coach. imagine how good we could be if we had the "scotty bowman of soccer" as our coach. meh. on with it.
Shutup. He is the Scotty Bowman of soccer. Who are you? The Peter Worrell of soccer?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any beer drinkers and gamblers on the Delta side, Guru bullied me out of my beer money.
24 beer says Delta doesn't win, takers?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get this shite over with...

We were thumped 4-0 by a better team tonight. It should have been 6-0.

There you go boys...that's what you call tearing the band-aid off.

On the way out of the Golden Spike, after drowning our sorrows (we struck out on the milf action, too), we ran into the Pomo boys. Good group of lads. Not a fcuking whisker on any of them, but a good group of kids nonetheless.

As far as the game, we got sucked into trying to pay their run and gun style, and we lost, big time. Never mind being physical, we couldn't catch the ****ers. In the 1st match- in my opinion- we were unlucky not to win, since we had a legit goal called back, and were in the game. That night, we played a possession game, and moved the ball quickly to neutralize their energy. Tonight...we were not in this game.

Now is as good a time as any to make this statement: these kids- if they stick together and don't let beer control their lives- will be in Premier by 2009, if not sooner. They have what it takes. They are better than the Lions in the days they were pining to go up, better than the Storm, and certainly better than DFC. It's a shame that, if we regroup like we should, and take next week a little more seriously, they will not earn the right to go up. The league has to fix this terrible set-up they have with the three-group division system.

Got a chance to sit down with a bunch of them. Good guys...could have rubbed it in, but didn't. Nice birds, too. Big Nose, I think yours was checking me out. Must be the whiskers...she likes the older guys. Christ, I'm old enough to be her perverted uncle, too. That's one bad, bad little girl.

Dutch8...you will e-mail me her number, won't cha?

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Let's get this shite over with...

Dude said:
Nice birds, too. Big Nose, I think yours was checking me out. Must be the whiskers...she likes the older guys. Christ, I'm old enough to be her perverted uncle, too. That's one bad, bad little girl.

Dutch8...you will e-mail me her number, won't cha?
HAHAHAHAHA great post! bignose! haha F-U big nose, you know who you are F-U. im also going to have to say, with some beers and tunes, you are a classy group of guys too, sadly we couldnt deliver with more broads. we were thinking about getting real drunk and going after those milf-ish women at the table behind us, but that never ended up happening, i think they like the wiskers too.

ps. bignose has fake id...haha bignose :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0