Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2 results and banter: March '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
New month, new thread...

...here's the link to Feb.:
http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?p=151251#post151251

This month is the month of meaningful cup play, and the wrap up of league play. Looking forward to much banter and piss-taking in the coming month!

~Shaven

there are no real piss takes needed...as we have already pretty much won 2a...so the only people talking about the league will be in 2b or c as that race is a bit tighter.....objective one complete for NDFC winning the league was very important to us and we have done that....now next objective is winning the cup and that may be harder than winning the league.....one step at a time though.....out

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good thing you quoted Shaven. I wouldn't have known who the hell you were replying to! :rolleyes:

Oh wait! Was that a piss-take?

:D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
there are no real piss takes needed...as we have already pretty much won 2a...so the only people talking about the league will be in 2b or c as that race is a bit tighter.....objective one complete for NDFC winning the league was very important to us and we have done that....now next objective is winning the cup and that may be harder than winning the league.....one step at a time though.....out

How are they going to figure out who's going to provincials since the winner of cup play goes and the winner of the league and since there is three divison winners who is going to go.....the league is in quite the pickle here :D

Hey Dopeashell for your guys sake hope it's not in Victoria again..wow they have some shite fields out there. Man and I going to miss playing in provincials...it was a blast.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Franchise, Are you going to Penticton and if so who you playing with?....Black Knights, Todds team, Team TTP?

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats the story out of the Hurricanes for this Saturday? How many injuries and missing players will there be?

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
How are they going to figure out who's going to provincials since the winner of cup play goes and the winner of the league and since there is three divison winners who is going to go.....the league is in quite the pickle here :D

I would think that the winner of the play-off would be the one going but then again thinking hurts.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the provincials are in kelowna this year, itleast thats what I have been told. In my opinion fvsl should get 3 automatic spots. (1) cup winner
2and 3rd spots should go to the league winners. Hopefully it would work that the cup winner was 1 of the top teams and all 3 group winners should go. How dissapointing will it be to win your own group, not get promoted, and not get to provinicials. Why do I think that team would be from group C

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We weren't missing our 2 forwards on Tuesday because of injury. One was in Vegas and the other had a midterm exam at Langhera. Both will be there for the game on Saturday. You guys will need to bring your A-game to make this one interesting.

Sheep said:
Whats the story out of the Hurricanes for this Saturday? How many injuries and missing players will there be?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Hey Franchise, Are you going to Penticton and if so who you playing with?....Black Knights, Todds team, Team TTP?

Haven't really decided...I start baseball soon and we have a tournament up there the same weekend so i was hopeing to get some games of both.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
I would think that the winner of the play-off would be the one going but then again thinking hurts.
Can't be. If the Div. 1 team wins, they wouldn't be allowed to go. No Div. 1 teams at the "B" Provincials.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Can't be. If the Div. 1 team wins, they wouldn't be allowed to go. No Div. 1 teams at the "B" Provincials.

I think it should be the winners of the Cup (Delta Fc) and the team that comes second plus the winners of Div 2c. I would say the hurricanes but no team should be invited back when they give up 27 goals against in cup play :D

I predict right now Delta Fc makes it to the provinical finals.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we do make it this time around, our squad will be a 100 times stronger. I do say, If we make it though, as lately over-confidence has become a huge problem for some us including me. We need to take every game seriously from here on in, if we want to win the league and cup as if we slip up in any game from here on in, poco will over take us for 1st and ndfc will end up winning the cup easily. That being said, when it comes to provincials, i am positive if we make it our team will do some serious damage as we still have 4 of our players from the states joining us after their semester of school has ended .

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
That being said, when it comes to provincials, i am positive if we make it our team will do some serious damage as we still have 4 of our players from the states joining us after their semester of school has ended .

don't the players you take to provincials have to be registered w/your team for the season, or are they already signed????

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
they have already signed with us, they played with us in past summers and wanted to continue to play with us once they came back from school.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats the one thing I hate about provincials. Alot of the teams that go up their are quite a bit different then the teams that got them their. thats great they play for you in the summer, but this is winter league they have not played a game and will most likely they will be gone all next year for winter league. Also the rule in which you are allowed to bring any 3 players that aren't on your team is a bit broad. they should itleast have to be apart of your club. not that it really matters b provincials are all about having a good time, drinking some beer and enjoying the road trip with your team.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Also the rule in which you are allowed to bring any 3 players that aren't on your team is a bit broad. they should itleast have to be apart of your club.
I believe the rule limits the "players" to those being particpants from the same league and divison. I was going to play for a FVSL team last year until this ruling was passed down from the BCSA.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering the fact that my drawers have a habit of turning brown when in close proximity to net, I would think that they were more deperate than I. :)

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, what you say makes sense. However, we learned the hard way last year that it's smart to sign as many players as possible during the season. Last year we had 3 regular starters able to go due to our goalie getting married that weekend, plus a couple of guys away for a stag. We actually had to take 3 players from Surrey Storm, the 1 team that didn't win a game in Div 3 last year, so that we could field a team. We played with 12 guys total and a rotation in net. This year we've got all our guys signed, even if they are away for school for the winter so that even if a few guys can't make it, we'll be able to field a competitive team. Actually, I'm not sure where Whack gets 4 guys signed from though, as we have 2 guys signed who are going to school in the States. One is actually back for Spring Break and may play in our next 2 games before heading back (although he may want to party while back, rather than play a 7:30 game this Sat night)...

bulljive said:
Thats the one thing I hate about provincials. Alot of the teams that go up their are quite a bit different then the teams that got them their. thats great they play for you in the summer, but this is winter league they have not played a game and will most likely they will be gone all next year for winter league. Also the rule in which you are allowed to bring any 3 players that aren't on your team is a bit broad. they should itleast have to be apart of your club. not that it really matters b provincials are all about having a good time, drinking some beer and enjoying the road trip with your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0