Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2 results and banter: March '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We actually played the hades tonight. We came out on top by a score of 5-1, with their only goal coming off a pk which was the result of a lazy tackle by me. Last week i missed a pk and this week i gave one up, just a string of bad luck. May find myself on the bench soon if this streak continues.
Anyways, with tonights win over the hades we find ourselves one step closer to moving into div 1 next year, which was our primary goal of the season.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry dude, didn't get check TTP in time to get your question. We played the Hades tonite at Bear Creek and won 5-1. We were up 2-0 at half and scored 2 early goals in the 2nd half to go up 4-0. The Hades made it 4-1 off a PK, and we added one more to round out the scoring at 5-1. The Hades are a young team that hustles for 90 minutes. At no point did they give up in this game and they deserve credit for that. They are too dependent on one guy up front though, and I'm not sure that they are ready for Div 1 yet. This is a big step for us and next up is Port Moody on Sunday. We'll be out watching the Port Moody vs NDFC matchup this Thursday to see what to expect...

This Bud's 4 You said:
Hurricane Power,

when and where is ur promotion/relegation match against the hades??

cheers

B

Blahzay

Good to hear Hurricanes, I didn't want to see an upset since that would make things all the more interesting in this round robin. Nice job on the GF and GA too. Can you give us any more insight on the Hades, are they kick and run or possesion? Any major players? Also our game versus the Fury has been changed to Sunday, the time and location are yet to be determined but we will post it when we find out.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would compare the hades to the nd titans. They are a team that just keeps on running, and doesnt give up. Like HP said, they hustled for the full 90mins.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
I would compare the hades to the nd titans. They are a team that just keeps on running, and doesnt give up. Like HP said, they hustled for the full 90mins.

Thats the last thing I want to hear right now :(

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys play at Moody Bulljive then I'd say your game will be at 6pm at Heritage Woods or 4pm at Port Moody Town Center Turf if any of these are available. Good luck but you might have an edge as they have had trouble with numbers lately.

B

Blahzay

I am not certain, but I believe that teams are able to call up youth players and guys within their own club. If that's the case then Port Moody should be okay with numbers since the Lions and Gunners are both quality teams.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
I am not certain, but I believe that teams are able to call up youth players and guys within their own club. If that's the case then Port Moody should be okay with numbers since the Lions and Gunners are both quality teams.

I highly doubt that they would call up anyone. Either way you guys will be fine and I'm sure you will take it to them. I think the battle will be between Eagle Ridge and Moody for the last spot with Moody beating them to stay in Div 1. Hurricanes and Ndfc should be fine.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't doubt it Redwoods if they can. Expect to see Jonny and a couple u-21's up if they can field them or else they'll play with 12 or 13 players maybe even 11 unless they are all healthy.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last I heard moody plays on sunday @ heritage woods 6pm. I will be playing and most likly 2 or 3 of the u-21's. I was told we were playing the Hurricanes, dosen't really matter I just want to play some footy after calling in sick and watching champions league what a good day off.

hajduk 11

Mar 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:

The Port Moody Lions and the Fury are not really associated as only one of our players (our goalie plays out for them) has played for them all year. So don't expect seeing to many Lions playing for them. However, they do depend on the U21's who have some good players.

As for the Hades, the Hurricanes hit it right on with them having one player. Number 11 is their offence and the rest of the team simply battles. I would be shocked if they ended up moving up as I have heard that a portion of their team is not really interested in moving up and they are probably the weakest of the four teams.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We likely won't be calling up any of our U-18s from here on in. We called up one of our 16 year olds for last nights game but that was about it. The 18 year olds have been playin alot of soccer lately as they have been attending tryouts for UBC, SFU, Colleges, and the Canada Games team. Their Coastal Cup play also starts this weekend, and for them, this is their last chance to win the Nationals at the youth level. They've come 2nd once but they really have a team that can contend for it all this year. We don't want them to risk injuries with Coastal Cup play starting as we are in pretty good shape for promotion with our win over the Hades...

Bulljive, the Hades run all day. They've got good team speed and play a kick and run style. They make good overlapping runs. Their defense is really vulnerable to the through balls. We beat them with through balls all game long and 3 of our goals came as a result. If you guys play your game, you will come out with the win in this one.

Blahzay said:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
New topic same old thread.

Who will Shaven play for next year? will it be white rock, will it be National bank, will it be the titans, will it be NDFC? fukc that. Just kidding shaven...but seriously. they win one game and you send out another PM. for god sakes man you get around more then those fine young ladies in surrey. :eek: :eek:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Who will Shaven play for next year?

Gee, I feel special...didn't realise I was popular enough to have my next season speculated about and posted about on TTP...I've arrived Ma, I've made it!!! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

For all that are interested, the shaven one's destination for next season has not yet been determined. When the decision has been made, TTP'ers will have the exclusive announcement. :D

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've started a Promotion/Relegation thread, so please post all banter regarding that topic there. :D

Any thoughts/speculation on what Div. 2 will look like next season? Will the FVSL brass wisen up, and make two divisions, or stay with this silly three division system and the playoff at season's end??

~Shaven

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've just played the one game vs Eagleridge so far which we won 5-1...Next up is Port Moody at Heritage Park at 6 on Sun.

This Bud's 4 You said:
hurricane power,

did u guys have a game last night??...if u did..how did u guys do and when and where is ur next match??

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0