Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look for a close match between the hurricanes and clones this weekend but as for the poco game, the canes will simply blow them out by about 4 maybe 5 goals. Poco does not have speed nor do they have talent, it will be a one sided affair with our real lineup this time around.

Guru said:
Hurricanes over Clones this week-end in a squeeker ...... Poco over GEU in a romp! Poco will be in 1st alone. Then they'll be there for a while...if not the rest of the season. The Key with Poco is that they haven't given up a goal against any of the bottom 4 teams, and have only given up only one per game to the 4 teams directly below. I don't see that trend changing either.

The return match between these two is in Cloverdale, on turf.... whatthefcuk? ?
As long as it's not at that shite Straberry Hill mud bath, Poco will win on turf.
Poco 4 Hurricanes 2

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
Look for a close match between the hurricanes and clones this weekend but as for the poco game, the canes will simply blow them out by about 4 maybe 5 goals. Poco does not have speed nor do they have talent, it will be a one sided affair with our real lineup this time around.

They may not have speed, but to say they don't have talent is laughable. They have a couple down from Premier from last year.

Anyway, spot me those 5 goals, and you pick the amount of money for a bet!!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey!! I just noticed my tokens are 999, I just wanted to post this to get over the 1000 mark....

PS, % goals against Poco? ? ? ? Whack's on Smack!!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
Hey!! I just noticed my tokens are 999, I just wanted to post this to get over the 1000 mark....

PS, % goals against Poco? ? ? ? Whack's on Smack!!

% = 5 ...... In Guru

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
We played at 12:00 on field #5, and were finished at about 1:45...our alternate jerseys are yellow and white vertical stripes, so if that's what you saw at that time, then yes that's WRU, and that's my sqaud. If it was closer to 2:30, we had left the park already. I'm #13, in case you were wondering and you did in fact see my squad. So, was it us?

Indeed. I saw you guys get called offside at least twice in the last few minutes. Then you tried to steal one of the balls that i had already stolen from another team when you were taking down the roadside net. :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree with the formatting Guru, especially the summer league bullshit who cares about summer league its watered down. What is the most irratating is you move up 8 teams into div2 and make uneven groups just a bunch of geniuses working at the top of the fraservalley. div 3 should have to deal with all the crap because A. they are the worst and B. half those teams should be in div 4 or 5.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:

I want to respond to this post but my more rational side tells me not to. We will be fine this year, we feel we have the talent and enough "speed" to compete. I think the Hurricanes should upgrade the class they show on here and just worry about curious and the boys this weekend. Good luck to the clones...a good group of guys who unlike you whack display class.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
let me just add to the above...it's too bad that the hurricanes talk the way they do because they are a decent squad, one of the better ones we have seen.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
..... div 3 should have to deal with all the crap because A. they are the worst and B. half those teams should be in div 4 or 5.
Agreed,
Maybe they should go back to 4 divisions. I don't mind a split...2 groups, but 3 is too many, it makes it dificult to promote and relegate, as well you have the crap of people saying one group is better than the other etc. Keep it simple, and stick to the structure and let the bottom divisions sort themselves out. Even if it means our club goes down. Nothing worse than being in over your head. And the ones who blow away teams in lower divisions will advance quick enough.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
so another MOTW featuring the Lions..this time vs. Whalley...hopefully we can respond to the challenge this week and secure an important win. If they wanna get back into the hunt for first, this will be an important game! Legend is finally finding his drive after losing it for awhile from a knee injury.

Anyone have a scouting report for Whalley?

PS Guru...take some points from Eagleridge for us!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guru sorry about calling you the wrong team name, I was WAY into the halloween brew when I wrote that post. I would agree with you about the youth and impatience of your team. You guys were all over us for the last twenty minutes, it looked like you would pull out the win, but you guys kept arguing with each other. Guys on your midfield were even telling each other to **** off. In our defence we only had one sub, our best player,(the guy who took the PK who is really NOT that big, especially if you compare him to your keeper :),), is playing very hurt. You know I really like that ref, but if you yap at him nothing is going to go your way, guys off your team were lipping him off for missed throw in's etc..., needless.

After playing almost everyone from 2C I have to say that this division is extremely well balanced. Although I think the team to watch (no offence ER), is Whalley, I played CAT last year (hate that division), and Whalley's whole team is basically last year's CAT team, they have skill and finish and if it weren't for thier horrendous start would probably be right beside ER.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Redwoods I wouldn't even respond to those jokers, there's a reason United(and Clones) are in 1st and everyone else isn't. Hmmmm could it be that they is the best teams? Christ the Hurricanes are 6 points back and still yapping.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks 2b Predictions

Aldergrove Warriors vs Columbia Bearcats - Bearcats will win as nobody should lose to Aldergrove this year

Poco City Utd. vs GEU Tigers - Tigers have had a slow start but will prove to everyone that they belong in the top 3 by the end of the season Tigers will win 1 - 0.

Surrey Coyotes vs SFC Stars- Stars will win this one easily and I also predict that the Coyotes will get demoted this year too.

Surrey Hurricanes vs LUFC Clones- Canes will win. Clones wont be able to keep up with their speedy forwards

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuck boy/guru

I watched the whole game sun, I saw good points on both your sides. It was a good match but celtic had most of the play they came out strong with a controling first and final 20 minutes but the rest of the game was back and forth. The pk was bs you can't say that was a good call by the ref a great finish on that kick and as far as tackling went both teams had some that you would expect to see in div 3 or 4. Guru your team should have pulled of the win but you guys argueed amongst yourselves for the final 20 when you had the most presure, not only on the field but off the field as well. Good game fellas look forward to playing you both again especially you guru for obvious reasons.

ps I can't stand chia pet

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to a fight and a soccer game broke out. ER hades were not the troubleing physical chipy team everyone has told us. As far as our match went I think that ER hades have a strong team with quick forwards. Our forwards barly had time to take a touch on the ball and they had three defenders on them. We didn't play that well with very few chances that the keeper easily turned aside except one that gave him some problems. We need to take advantage of our few chances if we are to stay in the hunt at the top. We have a big game thiis week in Whalley, must win after giving up 8 of a possible 9 points in the last 3. hades underlining your team played well even missing you and a red carded player.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Indeed. I saw you guys get called offside at least twice in the last few minutes. Then you tried to steal one of the balls that i had already stolen from another team when you were taking down the roadside net. :D
Yes, about those offsides...I have a lot of respect for Andy as a referee, but we were call for, and this is not an exaggeration, at least a dozen offsides in our match, and at least four or five of those were NOT offside by any stretch. When the referee is well behind the play, at some point the benefit of the doubt must be given, in my opinion. With the way ND was pressing, every time we got the ball to midfield on a counter to our strikers, and the ball was played through, an immediate whistle went for the offside. This is not a whine about the officiating in those instances as it is a lament that the benefit was not given at all in any instance, and great plays were snuffed because it appeared that there was no way our player could have been onside :rolleyes: ...oh well, we put three in the back of the net, so I suppose its a moot point :D .

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljeet talks about a two team race at the top of div2A. The Abby team will beat both NDFC and Ladner in the rematches. Just ask Aldergrove who the best team in this division is, and they will tell you it is abby. Shaven you talk a lot of smack. WRU should atest to that also since they got spanked 8-1. Look for abby to challenge in the second half of the season and make it a three team race.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
......I would agree with you about the youth and impatience of your team. You guys were all over us for the last twenty minutes, it looked like you would pull out the win, but you guys kept arguing with each other.

The arguments weren't the problem, the stupidity of moving the ball into trouble is our problem.....skills are there...no inteligence :(

canuckboy said:
In our defence we only had one sub, our best player,(the guy who took the PK who is really NOT that big, especially if you compare him to your keeper :),), is playing very hurt.
No he's not that big....it was in jest, but compared to our backliner who outpaced him to the ball that led to the PK, he is HUGE....Frodo weighs 120 soaking wet, but plays like a man possessed.....never backs away from anything, and will die for the cause. (plus he's my kid). You have to aggree the PK was a joke, and that really got us going on each other....it's happened so many times this year (5 PK's) and only one warrented, and that's the truth!! It's so frustrating coming away with ties and losses due to poor costly calls. We don't score enough to put teams away, so calls like that kill us. And yes, he's no where near the size of our keeper...he played for the Hurricanes 2 years ago. And he's very agile for a guy that size, but hurts himself every game.

canuckboy said:
You know I really like that ref, but if you yap at him nothing is going to go your way, guys off your team were lipping him off for missed throw in's etc..., needless.
That ref is not liked by many....and I really don't care if he reads this or not. When I showed him the back of Frodo's legs, withthe cleat marks running down both legs (not after the game, but while Frodo was laying on the ground) Chia pet KNEW he blew that call. How can a guy get trampled from behind and still be called for a trip.....mystery!!!

canuckboy said:
After playing almost everyone from 2C I have to say that this division is extremely well balanced. Although I think the team to watch (no offence ER), is Whalley, I played CAT last year (hate that division), and Whalley's whole team is basically last year's CAT team, they have skill and finish and if it weren't for thier horrendous start would probably be right beside ER.

Others claim Whalley should be right up there as well, but I don't get it. We out chanced them 20 to 1 in shots, and owned most of that game. They got a PK in the last 2 minutes to tie that one as well. Sheesh. Maybe they had an extremely bad game against us. We have two more games to finish out the first round, I'll reserve my rankings till then.

H

Hades Underling

jonny said:
I went to a fight and a soccer game broke out. ER hades were not the troubleing physical chipy team everyone has told us. As far as our match went I think that ER hades have a strong team with quick forwards. Our forwards barly had time to take a touch on the ball and they had three defenders on them. We didn't play that well with very few chances that the keeper easily turned aside except one that gave him some problems. We need to take advantage of our few chances if we are to stay in the hunt at the top. We have a big game thiis week in Whalley, must win after giving up 8 of a possible 9 points in the last 3. hades underlining your team played well even missing you and a red carded player.

It was good game even from a spectators point of view.

I'm liking the way our division is shaping up. Whalley is slowly waking from a mediocre start to winning 4 in a row and are looking good. Dynamo and Lions are right up behind us and teams like Celtic and Wolves should be higher up. I don't know much of Arsenal or PAU though so not sure if they should be higher or lower or are about where they should be. Second half of the season should definitely be interesting.

Legend said:
Anyone have a scouting report for Whalley?

We had a tough game against them. we didn't find their forwards particularly quick but solid midfield and backline. They used long ball on us, once they found us closing down on them quickly and their goal came on some miscommunication between our sweeper and keep. I definitely think you can use your speed against them. Good luck on the game, we could definitely use your help in slowing down the Whalley train.

Damn, if this rain continues our PAU game on the weekend is a writeoff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0