Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Players signed with div 1 or premier cannot play down. You can only play up. So a player signed to div.2 can play up in div.1 or premier.

What u have been hearing with acbc is premier caliber players signed down to div.2 (for the time being) and playing both div.2 and premier

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 2 - 1 westcoast

Score does not do the game justice. We had about 80% possession, I would say over 30 shots, 2 posts, a crossbar, clearance from a defender on the line, and their goalie Matthew had an exceptional game keeping his team in it with numerous saves. Westcoast did well and never got chippy, just a hard fought game.

Ill let westcoast talk about the ref. Same guy we had last week with the whole red card issue.

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford 5 - LUFC Knights 0

Not a whole lot to say about this one....After last weeks defeat we wanted to come back strong. Guildford went up 3-0 at half and it should have been at least 5. Put on subs and did some tinkering with the formation in the second half and put 2 more in on a night when the game was never in doubt.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes banannaman u did get beat "whoop di do" you said we were beatable and it didnt show that u guys even wanted to win tonight

Just because you beat us does mean to say that you are "unbeatable". And I wish I could argue with you that we didn't play tonight because we didn't. Good for you, get promoted so we don't have to see your faces for a few years until you all start playing for your u-21 team when they get into div 2. I still think that you are beatable... as I said, you do your thing well and it works. Gunners are organized and play a basic game other than that I still hate your team... whoop di-do!:wa:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 2 - 1 westcoast

Score does not do the game justice. We had about 80% possession, I would say over 30 shots, 2 posts, a crossbar, clearance from a defender on the line, and their goalie Matthew had an exceptional game keeping his team in it with numerous saves. Westcoast did well and never got chippy, just a hard fought game.

Ill let westcoast talk about the ref. Same guy we had last week with the whole red card issue.

I will not disagree with the possession, but the score did the game justice. Matty play wicked won't disagree there either and you did have 30 shots but not too many from any kind of quality. Matty made a beauty at the end but it was clearly offside. I don't know if you played down to our level or we played up to yours but I was happy with the result with the squad we had. We had 12 players with me not playing most of the game with a ****ed up shin. You guys had a monster covering me for most of the first that thought he needed to climb my back to win a header(he didn't, but it got old when the shite ref didn't even know how to blow his whistle properly.) I felt like a step ladder.This ref is by far the worst ref in the league. He makes Ping look like the man. He asked me 5 times for his ref fees when I made in obvious I was grabbing it. He made ghost calls all game, was never near where the play was and was doing wind sprints at half. He would blow his whistle at people when could have just spoke like a human being. Total idiot but he's not why we lost. After the last few weeks of not showing or playing the soccer we can play it was nice to see guys making an effort. We didn't have the bench to push in the second half and it stayed the same score. I had guys playing positions they have never played and they played well and I was happy with that. We can play if we play hard, we will try and get a consistent line up out to games so that we can surprise some teams.

WestCoast...What??? I drank a lil too much. Oh yeah and wow on the Canucks game some of those goals were FAN-tastic

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Bananaman on Moody not playing well last night, although I wonder how any team can play on that shite field it was like a basketball game with the ball bouncing off the cement all over the place. 2 pks in 10 minutes both deserved as the player was takin out both times....got lucky cause their should have been 3 with the hand ball in the box as well...I guess JB didn't want to give out three. This field is complete shite....another question why is there cement 2 steps from the field of play? Garbage....its lucky that cheap shot the gunners guy did on the NC was not more serious...sooooo lucky he didn't hit his head on the cement

Question why doesn't the Gunners play at Heritage Woods?

Moody is only beatable if someone does that beat them....they are a good team and we look forward to the chance to play them again.

See ya next week Bananaman...good luck better bring a better team then the one that showed up last night.

Dutch13 let Nima know it was because he was wearing mittens that he missed that PK.... :)

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2- Mission 0. We came out strong and got two early. Mission ran our goalie a few times and he had to leave the game, Guru went in the pipes late and stood on his head. After our two goals the game was boring as hell. As for #64 who said he was going to get all our phone numbers and kill us all, if you're coming from Mission, i'll be the first house to stop at. Message me for directions. Fcuking wank.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford 5 - LUFC Knights 0

Not a whole lot to say about this one....After last weeks defeat we wanted to come back strong. Guildford went up 3-0 at half and it should have been at least 5. Put on subs and did some tinkering with the formation in the second half and put 2 more in on a night when the game was never in doubt.

Honestly my mate here put it sweet and simple... We put our backup goalie in HE HAS MORE MENTAL ISSUES THAN I DO TRYING TO DEKE THE WHOLE SQUAD GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK. Knights are a good bunch of guys spoke with a few of their strikers they are still trying to find their rythum ... I did one of them dirty in the first half..( they don't call me cleatsupp for nothing ) John Terry?? I won't censor it today.. FUK THAT REF AND HIS FUKEN COUCH, 22 players on the field not one of them knew what he was doing... probably was a croatian or serb in his past life.

Next week Titans... they have someone on here that thinks we aren't what the standings say we are...ONE WORD HOMIE... CLEATSUPP.. keep your head up

jdeezaypmg

Aug 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha 64 wanted a to fight me too hes a good player with a temper if he can harness it he could help his team more

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
64....Missionblues isn't that RP?

I guess he is still made we made him put his shin pads back on

yeah that's ryan. He is a really good player but as someone else said, has a terrible temper. Me and him almost fought on the field and we were on the same team so it doesn't suprise me people who play against him don't like him.

Blayzn1

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly my mate here put it sweet and simple... We put our backup goalie in HE HAS MORE MENTAL ISSUES THAN I DO TRYING TO DEKE THE WHOLE SQUAD GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK. Knights are a good bunch of guys spoke with a few of their strikers they are still trying to find their rythum ... I did one of them dirty in the first half..( they don't call me cleatsupp for nothing ) John Terry?? I won't censor it today.. FUK THAT REF AND HIS FUKEN COUCH, 22 players on the field not one of them knew what he was doing... probably was a croatian or serb in his past life.

Next week Titans... they have someone on here that thinks we aren't what the standings say we are...ONE WORD HOMIE... CLEATSUPP.. keep your head up

yeah we got worked but at least we played better than the ref....you gotta love it when you get awarded a free kick when no one even knows why.....oh yeah and i would have hacked the keeper down just on principle for the deke in the 18!

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Devils over GEU 4-1. We had the ball a good 90% of the game, but couldn't score in the first half. GEU cleared two balls off their line because of defenders standing on the posts. They Made good on their one half chance 20 mins in. 2nd half we scored 4 and didnt give them the ball for minutes at a time. Game got a bit chippy on both teams, with missed penalty shot calls on both sides. However, GEU kept it clean, and they are good guys to play against.
I'm not happy right now with the tackle that happened with our keeper. First off, the red card is fully deserved: If you look at his leg, you can see a huge gash from the cleats that your forward slide with. And then the guy has the nerve to aruge the card with the ref! Have you ever played this game before? DO YOU KNOW THE RULES? Who slides cleats first into a goalie on a 50/50 ball? We aren't professionals getting paid, its only div 2, so jump over the goalie. Have some brains. The guy cant even walk now, let alone work tomorrow. And hes gotta go for x-rays to make sure nothing is broken. That kind of play should be suspendable beyond the one game for the red card; it has no place in this league. The worst part is, it gives GEU a bad reputation, and they are good guys. I certainly am not going to lump one idiot in with the rest of the team. Hope the league deals with this.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 1 - SFC Peg Impact 1

Tough one to swallow. A tie was a very very disappointing result as we really had no excuse for not winning this game.

Not much action in the first half, we came out a little flat, but it was pretty even for the most part, and neither team really threatened at any point. 2nd half we started playing like we should have and popped one in after about 10 min. We controlled probably 80% of the play, then with about 10 minutes left we gave up about 5 corners in the span of a few minutes, then finally on the last one our keeper went to punch the ball out, didn't quite get all of it, and the ball deflected off someone into the back of the net. Less than a minute later we send a guy in alone, their keeper makes a sprawling save. Then with less than minute left, we clear out a corner, send a guy in alone again, and again their keeper flops out and makes the save, then gets up and just gets a toe on another shot that was heading in. Game over.

Would have been nice to make up a little more ground in the standings, but oh well, on to Guilford next week.

Double R

Aug 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
any news on the yong guns game?
should be a good match vs them next week for us and most likely MOTW. A win = almost guaranteed promo.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say that fitness is your squads biggest concern...

That being said, I agree referee blew a poor whistle.
few, if any teams in this league can play a full 90 at full pace with only one sub, and regular starters not playing.
the fact we weren't blown out was pretty impressive. even though it was like watching shooting drills half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0