Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Oct. '05

Which table's standings will be the tightest, top to bottom, by month's end?

• 2A

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 2B

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 2C

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
amazingly the franchise hasn't let our little community know yet, but the nationals (un)defeated the wolves 5-2 last night, with my seventeen year old brother slotting the final. on a more entertaining note though, i just returned from the second ugliest game i've witnessed this weekend(although quite humorous with a fantastic final result) as DMU drew a draw 1-1 with the poodney celtics. conditions were horrible and i'm sure bored will tell you that along with the ref, they were to blame. the truth though is that poo-pey was lucky to get a tie in this one. all i can say is where the fcuk did these eight guys aparently play pemier????
regardless, the MOTW will be the Nationals at Celtic in a battle for top spot. i think the pomo gunners are selling tickets as it should be a dew-sy!!!!

Good game....well deserved.....all I want is my beer your guys owes me ;)

Great save by your keep though on the PK.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub...tough luck to Matt. Hope he recovers well.

On to this week...patiently waiting for the MOTW by Dr. Zoidburg (Shaven).

I will boldly go out on a limb and predict on side A, LUFC A vs. Tsawwassen Royals. Why? These guys could realistically be sitting in 3rd all alone in our group right now, as they have a game in hand. They were also the only other team to give the Pomo Gunners a game besides us. That alone makes me believe they will be a confident squad against us, looking to play the spoiler.

We are in the middle of a tough stretch, playing the Royals, then Titans, then Aldergrove. The later two challenged us well, so I believe that our results through these next three will go a long way to determining our season.

JunctionKing

Sep 28, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya ok making a return to these forums to post my thoughts on the LUFC game.

1. The 2 'called back goals' were hardly that... the whistle was blown before so they woulda been stopped has out keeper cared.2
2. I was impressed with your teams ability to talk smack, and back it up (somewhat, minus your sub-par finish) but at the same time disgusted... when for the first time in my entire life, I was spat on. I have been playing Hockey Soccer, and Baseball among other sports my entire life, and never once have I been spat on. A player on LUFC named 'Colin' was jawin at me, so I jawed back and apparently hit a nerve, prompting him to spit on me and hit me right in the face. The ref didnt see but talked to him anyways,showing him the spit on my face and shirt, and Colin never saw the pitch for a minute the rest of the game (the coach saw what happened im guessing). It was utterly disgraceful, something I'd never expect out of a Canadian. Disgraceful.
3. I thought the game could have gone either way, and if i can put myself in an unbiased spectators shoes, I might have said we(pomo) had a slight edge, here's why.
- LUFC didnt leave their end for the first 20 mins, giving up corner after corner
- LUFC then proceeded to dominate the rest of the first, failing to finish several key chances
- I thought the majority of 2nd half play went to the gunners, especially after our goal in the 55th? minute. After that we had the ball in their half for about 75% of the remainder of the match before we were scored on in the... .and Im not exaggerating. 12TH MINUTE OF EXTRA TIME. UNBELIEVEABLE.

Good Game Langley see you boys at our turf this ones gonna be good keep the kids at home

and also

"Cinderalla is playing at the theatres tonight" - wft?

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 1 nd Titans 1

Well I would have to say we deserved to win this game and the only reason we didn't is because of there keeper made 3 brilliant saves one of them being on a PK with 10 minutes to go I think I had about 6 shots towards next myself and as a team I say we had about 15 all together... I think ND had two real chances and they scored on one we went down to 10 men with about five to go when our goalie took a foolish red but all in all it was a good game the titans are a classy team and I look forward to the rematch... we really have to stop tying games!

Cantuzzi #10

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You were at a different game.

First goal, whistle blew as the ball crossed the line. Your keep was beaten, full stop.

The second was clearly offside, no argument.

On possession, I'd agree that for the 1st 20, you hemmed us in our end, but we were never threatened. Even on corners, we confidently cleared every one. Probably more a case of us sitting back, getting a feel for you guys. On the second half, there was one breakdown (led to the goal, nice finish). Otherwise, we spent most of the half on your side.

But, whatever, we can argue about this forever. I think it's safe to say the teams now have a mutual respect for each other, and the rematch will be great.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude I can't believe I'm saying this but we agree...Although not the way you might think. We also have a tough stretch for the next three. Celtic first, and I don't think there is any disputing the top of 2c get's MOTW honours. We had very heated matches last year vs. the Rovers (now coachmen) and there is no doubt that the road to promotion goes through the Celts. Should be intense, anyone not up for this one better check their pulse.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
royals over WRU last night. game may have been a different story had WRU been able to put in a PK they were awarded when the royals were only up 1-0. After that the game was pretty much over. WRU was pretty flat, the 2nd half was probably the most boring half of soccer i've ever played. their sole goal came off a missed clearance by yours truly late in the 2nd, lost the ball in the lights, the ball rolled off my foot basically right to one of WRU forwards and he managed to get it past our keeper.

looking forward to a good match against LUFC. hopefully the corn field in tsawwassen gets cut sometime this week. cantuzzi can tell you all about it dude.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JunctionKing said:
A player on LUFC named 'Colin' was jawin at me, so I jawed back and apparently hit a nerve, prompting him to spit on me and hit me right in the face.

This is very disturbing, as there was an incident in a Div. 1 FVSL match the weekend before last where a player was dismissed with a red for spitting on a keeper. Lets hope this is not a trend, as it has no place in the game at all, and cannot be tolerated.

Dude said:
On to this week...patiently waiting for the MOTW by Dr. Zoidburg (Shaven).

Unlike many of you, I actually work during the day Dude, so you'll have to wait until a bit later this evening...but the MOTW is on its way. Now be a good little Bender and go oil yourself.

~Shaven
:D

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All right walls, here's my 2 cents....
....As far as the PK....if you truely were that close, then your blind, It was me who caused it(bad play on my part, I'll admit that) but as far as him skinning me? Didn't happen. He knocked the ball by me and I put my foot out to stop it but it went by; as far as beckam being "hauled down" I'm not even close to being big enough to 'haul' someone down....my foor was planted and he ran into my leg and tripped over it....you can ask him yourself. Now on to the cards. No one was disputing the 2 yellows you refered to....as far as I'm concerned they were good calls by the ref....my problem was with the 2 yellows in the second half, so get your facts straight. I will agree with 1 point you made....the shorts.....Amen.....we have new ones, were just waiting for them to be numbered (which is taking forever).

DJGMC: I've already explained the PK; ask him. I'm not blaming the field or the ref for the outcome of the game....we failed to capitalize on many of our chances (something we've been stuggling with all season), however, the field was crap and the ref sucked, and when a ref sucks it will ruin the game. Other than those 2 issues you guys were a great team, I had a great time playing you, and I look forward to another match.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walls.... you are on hallucinogens...The Celtic missed 5 or 6 glorious opportunities in the first 10 minutes that should have iced the game. The longer it went, the worse the field got, and the worse the ref got. We hit the underside of the crossbar frown two yards when the bal came through and our midfielder slipped as he reached to knock it in, We slotted the first one 5 minutes in, and to say DMU had 80 % is just daft, I think you meant DFC had 80%. DMU was only in our half for about 5 min. in the 2nd half. We totally owned that game, and DMU was lucky not to be down by 5 at the half, There was ZERO shots on goal for them in the first, and the second they had 3 or 4 from 35 yards which weren't even scoring ops. They had one penalty from 25 yards that the guy drifted 20 over the net, and then they had the PK that was EXACTLY as Frodo said... Hauled down? ? ? You are a fcukin liar. if you want to piss take, fine, but don't come on here and spew downright lies... that's pathetic.

I said this before the game, poor conditions always favour the lesser team. It has to, anyone saying different is an idiot. When I said that the guys just laughed and said which team is the lesser here.

Yes we have several players on this team would definitely be starters on any premier club in the valley ANY ONE.
If you don't believe that, ask ANY premier coach... A N Y !!! I dare you! Here's a list for you, and most premier coaches will know them:
Bored,
Sliver,
Snowman,
J-mak,
W-mak,
Woody,
Osama Bin Madden,
Skytrain,
All of these players would start on any premier club.

The thing with this game, as with most of our games so far is that we can't seem to get up for any game. It just doesn't mean much to us. The other problem is that ... yes ..... the refs are a major factor in this division, and for the most part it's a bunch of try-hard hacks. The ref could blow his whistle non stop, but they don't, and they are inferior to the higher divisions, and they get tired of making call after call, so they stop making any call at all.
The guy who did this game was by far the worst I've EVER come across in this, or any division. He was so far off the mark it was ridiculous. Two yellows to our guys for saying "That's awsome" and the other guys said "common guys" ..... WTF! He was brutal. And there will be a formal complaint against him.

The "Eric Lindros" was me, And I have never played in goal against DMU. I did play 3 years ago in goal... however, let me make this clear, I have yet to have more than 3 goals against me in any game... NEVER! in point of fact, our club 2 years ago had only had one game with 4 goals against, all others were less... so again, you are full of shite! About the flag, I didn't toss it 20 feet, I dropped it, then when he came over I picked it up and buried the handle in the mud, so he told me to leave, which was fine by me.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walls,
I'm sorry you were mistaken so,
But I think things have been straightened out for you,
whatever game you are talking about sounds exciting though,
I wish I could have been there.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW thread is up...please post all banter re: this upcoming weekend's matches there, and enjoy!

~Shaven

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Yes we have several players on this team would definitely be starters on any premier club in the valley ANY ONE.
If you don't believe that, ask ANY premier coach... A N Y !!! I dare you! Here's a list for you, and most premier coaches will know them:
Bored,
Sliver,
Snowman,
J-mak,
W-mak,
Woody,
Osama Bin Madden,
Skytrain,

QUOTE]

Yeah ten years ago :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
guru said:
Bored,
Sliver,
Snowman,
J-mak,
W-mak,
Woody,
Osama Bin Madden,
Skytrain,

QUOTE]

Yeah ten years ago :rolleyes:
Great Quoting skills KKH :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Guru we scored four against you in cup play three years ago :D
You use the term "we" VERY loosely, surely!!! You coudn't score in MJ's bedroom.... And by the way, yer mistaken.... I played on the backline in the first half, and in net in the second...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GURU, nice to see that neither your old age or the pain-stakingly rediculous and strenuose amount of minutes you play a game hasn't affected your memory to this date :rolleyes: .
i will appoligize right now for failing to notice any players of premier quality on the field that day, but then again, i've never coached premier so........... :confused: :confused:

call me an outright liar if you please, but we did score 6 on you at sands south 3 years ago. in the second half we put in 4 when you were manning the net on the west side of the field. you not only looked like eric lindros, but you also wore 88 on the back of your jersey. i scored the sixth goal by hitting a half volley from about 30yrds out that caught you off your line. my cousin was taken out on a "challenge" that broke his leg and kept him out for almost the whole rest of the year. and if you added the age of every other player on that roster and subtracted your age from that total, your answer would be slightly above zero. if you don't agree with any of these statements then you are the fcukin liar pal!!! and i don't, nor have i ever played for DMU. i've played for ND my whole life and started the team i'm with now five years ago in U21.
saturday awaits!!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0