Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Sept. '05

Who will be the most "popular" Div. 2 TTP'er by month's end?

• walls

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Soccer Mom

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • bored

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Guru

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NUTTER#13 said:
10 am? Bloody hell! We have to start a fundraiser for gas! 2 Abbys, Aldergrove, Mission, Delta.........christ, why don't they throw in a team from Hope for us too!
Hard to say how we will fair this year. Bad start so far 14 goals against to 2 goals for in 3 ex games. First game against Poco City(nearest game)will definately be an eye opener.

It's just retarded I don't know why they didn't make the groups by zones. there are 4 delta teams, 2 or 3 surrey teams, tsawassen, and white rock. that could be a group right there no longer then 10 minutes of travel. not that they could think of something that simple.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the two eagleridge teams whiixh were both strong in div 2. They don't seem to be playing???

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
What happened to the two eagleridge teams whiixh were both strong in div 2. They don't seem to be playing???

I believe they are now under the banner of "North Coquitlam," 'jive.

~Shaven

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
It's just retarded I don't know why they didn't make the groups by zones. there are 4 delta teams, 2 or 3 surrey teams, tsawassen, and white rock. that could be a group right there no longer then 10 minutes of travel. not that they could think of something that simple.

From what I understand the groups are very similar to last years. Why not change them up so teams can play the other clubs? I like the grouping by zones idea. There are 2 Moody, 4 M.R, 3 Coq, 2 Poco and 2 Pitt Meadows (including us) in the 2 division and we will only face 1 Poco and 1 M.R........ WTF???
I think at least half of the teams in each group should be and could be close by.

p.s. anyone know of any rest stops on the way to Abbotsford?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NUTTER#13 said:

There's a lovely little coffee shop in Fort Langley, just 5 minutes off the highway...though I doubt they're open at 6 am, which is when most of you will be leaving to play out there at 10 am on a Sunday. :eek: :D That is one thing I won't miss about Div. 2...10 am kickoffs in Abby, just brutal and I feel for all that have to endure it, especially in December, January and Feb. when it's damn cold out there at 9-9:30 in the morning! Warm up??? Are you kidding??? :confused:

~Shaven

P.S. I'm all for the geographic groupings, or at least a somewhat-geographic system. The way its done now is rediculous, especially at $1.20 per litre. :mad:

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NUTTER#13 said:
From what I understand the groups are very similar to last years. Why not change them up so teams can play the other clubs? I like the grouping by zones idea. There are 2 Moody, 4 M.R, 3 Coq, 2 Poco and 2 Pitt Meadows (including us) in the 2 division and we will only face 1 Poco and 1 M.R........ WTF???
I think at least half of the teams in each group should be and could be close by.

Unfortunatly grouping by location really can't be done because of the club system. It wouldn't be too fair to have 4 GEU teams 2 Poco City teams and 2 North Coquitlam teams in one division. Just a standard redraw would have sufficed (looked it up, means good enough).

PS anyone know what happened to Whalley United in 2C? Is that them in div 1, under the Whalley Hurricanes banner?

PPS christ our guys are out of shape, we're ripe for a Franchise Hattrick in our season opener.

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Unfortunatly grouping by location really can't be done because of the club system. It wouldn't be too fair to have 4 GEU teams 2 Poco City teams and 2 North Coquitlam teams in one division. Just a standard redraw would have sufficed (looked it up, means good enough).

Understandable, but 1 pomo, 2 coq, 1 poco, 1 pitt and 1 mr could be in a group. This only makes sense. There needs to be balance.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:

PS anyone know what happened to Whalley United in 2C? Is that them in div 1, under the Whalley Hurricanes banner?

PPS christ our guys are out of shape, we're ripe for a Franchise Hattrick in our season opener.

Not playing, which is to bad I liked playing you guys even though I seem to have down games. Good luck though!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Not playing, which is to bad I liked playing you guys even though I seem to have down games. Good luck though!

WTF :confused: Franchise you have to play man I have money on you guys being in the top four in your group :eek: who the feck is going to score then if your out :confused: David Lee Roth can't do it all by himself :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
WTF :confused: Franchise you have to play man I have money on you guys being in the top four in your group :eek: who the feck is going to score then if your out :confused: David Lee Roth can't do it all by himself :rolleyes:

Truly sorry that I am not attending to meet your predictions....saw your schedule though and besides the Coyotes you will be in tough every week. I am sure the Wolves will do fine without me there playing some good soccer right now when guys show up. Good luck in your week hope to catch lots of your games this year. Take care of that arm.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
What are the Coyotes like? thats who we get our first game

last year they were not a bad squad to play against.they always want to beat one or two guys before they will pass so don't run at them, jockey them as they dont give and go often .there goalie last year was good and they need cause the defence is not .one decent striker up front

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
whats up shaven no match of the week

1) 2a lufc athletics - n.d. titans
last years cup winner against the new look lufc with its mix of
premier,1st, second, div players

any predictions bluenose ? utah ?

2)2b poco - dfc coachmen

any news on this one redwoods

3) 2c unknown any response from 2 c

whats up there sub ?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction:

Early warning for whomever Celtic play in week 2.

Dewney Celtic vs LUFC Dynamo

LUFC Dynamo to suffer, not sure about the goals against but take the over.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
whats up shaven no match of the week

curious! Good to see you old man. MOTW predictions and such coming up tonight...the season's not even one week old, and on my a** already. ;) Atta boy.

~Shaven

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Langley and the refs on the weekend for running such a wonderful tournament and their wonderful interpretation of the rules. Kudos to Langley for not stepping in and telling the refs to get stuffed.

I have a question for Langley as Dude FC Celtic are playing there on Sunday - we are not all Arian, who should we leave at home? Just the Sihks or should all Asian, African Canadians and Jewish folks stay at home too?

I am only partially piss taking Langley, maybe this should be its own thread but - What the hell was that (those?) ref thinking?? WTF? What an embarrassment!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please post in appropriate thread bored...
bored said:
Congratulations to Langley and the refs on the weekend for running such a wonderful tournament and their wonderful interpretation of the rules. Kudos to Langley for not stepping in and telling the refs to get stuffed.

I have a question for Langley as Dude FC Celtic are playing there on Sunday - we are not all Arian, who should we leave at home? Just the Sihks or should all Asian, African Canadians and Jewish folks stay at home too?

I am only partially piss taking Langley, maybe this should be its own thread but - What the hell was that (those?) ref thinking?? WTF? What an embarrassment!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored: there is a thread, here.

Yeah, that was an embarrassment, full stop.

As far as you go, you may need to dislodge your teammate('s) sausage(s) from your mouth before stepping on the pitch. Not sure, but I think that qualifies as headgear.

You're welcome, in advance,

~Dude.

PS: Keep it reel.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
....However, when you're telling someone else to spell correctly and you spell maybe the most important word, besides the word spell itself wrong (grammAr). You dont look to bright.

Just an insiders opinion.

spell on. :rolleyes:

Tee hee.... ewe Miss Spelled "don't" and "too"! :p It should be "You don't look too bright." .... actualy, it should read: "You don't appear very bright."

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright...can we quit it with the grammar bashing?

Let's get back to the positive verbal bashing of walls, bored, guru, dopey, etc...!!!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0