Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 3] Results and Banter - Nov 2006

Stallion,
I don't know what to say. We lost really bad. It was one of those games where it was just not going to happen for us. We hit 2 posts, thier goal made two great saves, we had a goal called back on a phantom offside. I will give them 3 good goals but two of those were scored at the end of the game when things were as good as over. One of there goals was scored when we passed it back to our goalie and he missed the ball trying to kick it and one of there guys tapped it in.

The were a good fast team but we can beat them. They have one centre mid that is amazing. By far the best player on the pitch.

We will bounce back!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hope so, although having the best record in D3 like I called at the start of the season is nice so any help on that is great :D Although Abby hasn't played in a month so still have the undefeated record going, we'll see how that plays out at the end of the season.

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guitarman wasnt there so i have nothing to say except it looks like they cant be left alone on a soccer pitch...we will be back to form next game or lostmytouch will get a beating after the game !

Guitarman !

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would like a rematch, we should try and get something before the winter break ends to get ready for the second half. That way I can return the favour of preseason :)

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey stallion,

guitarman and i missed the game - that's what happened - we must be the glue that binds... ;o)

seriously, I heard it was much closer than the score suggested... our normal goal-scorers weren't able to pull the trigger and our normal d was out - jury-rigged it... a couple of gaffs were pounced on and then that's all she wrote.... though i we haven't been playing as well lately - getting into bad habits... i think we got too many easy wins to begin and are now trying to shake the monkey of poor play. might cut it with some teams but not the top 4... at least we're still on top - though some teams have games in hand...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hate games in hand, I wish Abby got to play just so we could see how we still stack up. Having played every other team though our group will most definitely be decided by our head to heads, no one we've played can touch us :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now what makes us the weakest division? We have 2 undefeated teams? Low goals against? I told you at the start of the year it didn't matter what group we were in we'd run table. No way we'd let a 3rd place team spank us 5-0, or any team for that matter. Hell, we haven't even let in 5 goals all year. Our group had 4 teams move on in Cup (2 of them beating D2 teams), you guys only 1, but you guys do have 1 more game to make up than us. I would actually say we have the stronger division, and so far Cup play is proving it.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,
I think games head to head speak for themselves. What happened when we played you before the season started? Oh ya, you lost. Until that changes we have bragging rights.

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To anyone that cares!!

Don't ask why, how or other but I recieved a call from the league brass to let us know our game is ON for tomorrow night?

Sat. Dec.2 6:15 CAP Turf old SFC Bullets vs. Poco young, fit, fast, horny FC. 1st place on the line in Div.3B. Bring your beer, women and best one liners and cheer for the Lime Green Machine. BoooYahhhhhh!!!!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
lostmytouch said:
Stallion,
I think games head to head speak for themselves. What happened when we played you before the season started? Oh ya, you lost. Until that changes we have bragging rights.

I don't mind losing a game 4-3 where we hit 3 posts, it was our first game together, and we had no goalie (well we had someone play there, but I hardly consider him competent). We would have beat you if we had of played at the end of preseason. But like you said, head to head matters, and since you're out of cup I don't see that happening. Maybe we'll enter th 7-a-side at the end of the year to get some revenge.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a move based on total self-interest, I am going to cheer for Robj to come through with a big win against Gobind this weekend :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on whether Gates turf in Poco is open, Raul, Totti? (Anything to you guys talking again) I almost hope it's closed, we're going to be very short this weekend, 11 if we're lucky, subs if it's early Christmas.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
In a move based on total self-interest, I am going to cheer for Robj to come through with a big win against Gobind this weekend :D

Your wish came true Stallion :). 2-1 for us and frankly 1 goal was called back and we hit about three crossbars and 10 posts they were lucky it was only 2-1. They were a man down by the second for calling the ref a racist. Don't ask cause I couldn't figure out why either.

Good luck to you tonight even though I don't think you'll need it.

cheers

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Raul and Totti ,

if your out there ? Congrats on hammering the Coyotes ...... I hope that was correct on the site and good on you guys for the win .

We thank you as we have been on a slide lately and this even's things up for us. Our team apparently pulled out a major 2-1 win this week using our striker who never played goal before and had no gloves . I hear we had 11 guys and the guys pulled together and made it happen.

Congrats to Rob J on their big win .

Thx Guitarman

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 2 - Poco 0

You could tell we hadn't played in 3 weeks as the finish was just not there. We were missing some key players but managed to hold them to only 1 corner. All in all, good game for not having touched a ball in so long.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend finally getting to play again. Thanks RobJ, now we're only 8 points away from clinching promotion. I was hoping to clinch by the winter break but too many PPD games. Oh well, we'll be in a good spot and be able to focus fully on cup in th new year.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone from 3C know who we're playing this weekend? We have a game on Sunday, but the 3 teams we need make-up games against all play this weekend. It's not on the schedule but we got the call last night. Abby, Gobind, Punjab, any of you guys playing 2 games this weekend? (Although it looks as though grass fields are going to be shut down)

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Special thanks to the Bullets for the forfeit victory.Being a wee bit under-manned ourselves we appreciate the Christmas present.I do wish teams would sort out their problemswell in advance of 45 mins before kick-off.It is bush, no matter what div you are playing!! Will you be ready to play for real when we meet again ?? I feel for the poor lad that showed up all by his lonesome. Heat Rules!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 4 - Punjab Tigers 0

This game basically sums up the whole reason I can't wait for D2 next year. 7 guys at kickoff, 10 guys 5 min after start, then by the end of the first half they had 4 subs, just friggin brutal. Have some respect for the other team. We show up an hour before the game, regardless if it's the best or worst team. Waiting past the start time to see if they can field a team is brutal. Other than that it was good that they sucked, our touch was horrible, as was our finish. 10-0-0, can't wait to play Abby

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand the frustration,Stallion.Looks like D3 was a warm-up for next years competition.D2 should provide a bit more of a challenge each week.Good luckthe rest of the way! Just maybe you'll meet the dreaded "Heat"!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0