Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and Banter - Oct. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok, we need lynching rules... we seemed to have become such a powerhouse team in 3a that our opponents don't even want to show up! not one person from their team came out for the game last night. not one!!!:mad: I know we've blitzed a couple of teams, but at least try! And there wasn't even any indication they weren't going to be able to field a team! ONe of our players came home early from Penticton and I came home early from Whistler - to stand on the sidelines wondering where the hell the other team was....

i guess no-one on the surrey non-pylons has any integrity or self-respect...

and, even though we get the win - it is only a 1-0 win. i don't think that is very punitive - especially for a top-4 team. there should be a 5-0 loss to teams that forfeit... there should be at least some attempt to show up - i've played when we've only had 8 players - and i've played against teams that only had 8 - it shows committment (at least for those players) and integrity.

I wonder if they'll run away scared to their mommies when we're next supposed to play them - wouldn't surprise me! fukcing cowards!

anywho, how was everyone else's long weekend game?

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well our game was going exceptionally well. We were up 1-0 at the half against the GEU Miners, but the lights and one end of the field wouldn't turn on. Being that it was now 7:00, the sun was almost completely down and the visibility was getting poor. So the Miners started complaing (with good reason) and they called the game. Now it is up to the league whether or not we "forfeit" and they get the points, of whether the game has to be replayed. The Miners were more than accepting of this because they were losing and had no subs where as we had 5 subs and were starting to pour it on now that they were getting tired. I really hope they let us play the game again because I would hate to "forfeit" a game that were were up 1-0 in and clearly in control of.

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow .....that would bite if they gave them the forfeit......you guys were actually playing and i would protest if it wasnt a makeup game......if not blow them out so badly next game .....judging by your scores im sure you will ......fight this one big time though and good luck next game..........

Yes Reverend that sucks......i got Who tickets at the last moment (suite) so i couldnt say No.......they should be fined at least as that is shitty .......

Rock on boys........also whats with Stallions teaming only having 11 goals for........are they missing him that bad?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm back from Hawaii and we're still undefeated thankfully. Heard we had a brutal game against Gobind but still won, I'm assuming that Poco forfeited as even a bad game would net us more than a 1-0 win, which is why I agree on the penalty being more sever than a 1 goal loss, as both Poco and GEU racked up 23 goals against them so we're severely behind in goal differential, meaning we have to win the head to head. November 5 baby :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
storm6 said:
Well our game was going exceptionally well. We were up 1-0 at the half against the GEU Miners, but the lights and one end of the field wouldn't turn on. Being that it was now 7:00, the sun was almost completely down and the visibility was getting poor. So the Miners started complaing (with good reason) and they called the game. Now it is up to the league whether or not we "forfeit" and they get the points, of whether the game has to be replayed. The Miners were more than accepting of this because they were losing and had no subs where as we had 5 subs and were starting to pour it on now that they were getting tired. I really hope they let us play the game again because I would hate to "forfeit" a game that were were up 1-0 in and clearly in control of.

How is GEU? They somehow lost to the Rowdies whose games I've seen as they play right by my house and they are shite. They try real hard but no skill. Maybe GEU throwing the season early this year?

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The undefeated Heat had a postponement on the weekend due to poor field conditions.I was looking forward to playing the Bullets for 1st place.I'm sure it would have been a good one.Oh well bring on the Poco Warriors this week and let's hope for another solid effort.We must keep the streak alive!!!!!!!!!!

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU is a good team from what I saw. Pretty consistant all around. No real weak spots to be spoken of. Good speed. I would assume they lost to the Rowdies because they had a poor turnout. They just barely managed to have 11 before our game started, and then another player came part way through the first half, so he had to wait until halftime to play (poor guy never got to play). Lookin forward to November 5th. Right after our "bye" weekend. Should be a good game. Good luck against GEU this weekend.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
storm6 said:
GEU is a good team from what I saw. Pretty consistant all around. No real weak spots to be spoken of. Good speed. I would assume they lost to the Rowdies because they had a poor turnout. They just barely managed to have 11 before our game started, and then another player came part way through the first half, so he had to wait until halftime to play (poor guy never got to play). Lookin forward to November 5th. Right after our "bye" weekend. Should be a good game. Good luck against GEU this weekend.

We don't need luck, we need finish :( I would say good luck too but just in case we don't beat you I'm hoping you lose :D

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we're playing Tsawwassen, so... I would hope that we can beat them pretty handily. But thanks for the words of encouragement. :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No problem :)
Hey Rev or guitarman, are Clayton and Taylor playing this year? I know the JI's got Taylor holding hose all day long so he didn't know if he could play but haven't talked to Clayton.
Does anyone know if Hammond New is turf?

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stallion,

Taylor didnt sign due to his work and Clayton is signed but i havent seen him once.....maybe he's away ......he's still on email....hmmmmm...maybe he joined Franchise in a higher division.....the Storm look like the team in Div3 ...just killing teams....i would like to see the Nov 5 game.......anyway good luck this weekend.

Thx Rob

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guitarman said:
Hey Stallion,
.....the Storm look like the team in Div3 ...just killing teams....i would like to see the Nov 5 game.
Thx Rob

It's sad but true :( On a positive note we're still undefeated too :rolleyes:

On another note, what did Al do to get suspended? And only 2 games for a red and Scott gets 5?

thedefender

Sep 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
No problem :)
Hey Rev or guitarman, are Clayton and Taylor playing this year? I know the JI's got Taylor holding hose all day long so he didn't know if he could play but haven't talked to Clayton.
Does anyone know if Hammond New is turf?

Hammond is grass field.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanted to send out my apologies to the Poco FC Rangers. I was not at the game tonight because of injury, but was told our guys had no class or sportsmanship. We (langley Krank'd) won 10-1 and instead of scaling back a bit one forward in particular decided he was going to strip the ball from his own player to score a fourth goal, and then to top it off another player came up to him after his fourth goal and started polishing his shoes.

Again my apologies. I will be talking to our coach/manager and I for one will no longer play for the team if that crap happens again.

It's funny our team is 0-3-1 with one goal for and all of a sudden some boneheads think they are superstars.

I never thought I would take the piss on my own team.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
robj said:
I just wanted to send out my apologies to the Poco FC Rangers. I was not at the game tonight because of injury, but was told our guys had no class or sportsmanship. We (langley Krank'd) won 10-1 and instead of scaling back a bit one forward in particular decided he was going to strip the ball from his own player to score a fourth goal, and then to top it off another player came up to him after his fourth goal and started polishing his shoes.

Again my apologies. I will be talking to our coach/manager and I for one will no longer play for the team if that crap happens again.

It's funny our team is 0-3-1 with one goal for and all of a sudden some boneheads think they are superstars.

I never thought I would take the piss on my own team.

We may be in the market for a goalie :) Ours never seems to show up, gas station job just too important to try and time off :rolleyes:

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to see it happen but the streak is over! Poco Warriors 2-1 winners over the Heat.A pretty evenly played match.We missed a couple of good chances and back they came with a counter-attack winner.A couple of quality young players on the Poco side.We have a bye week so we can regroup and get after the Sundowners at the end of the month.We will return to our winning ways!

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The warrios knocked off a powerhouse, eh? That's not good. We play them in the first round of cup play. Ah well, be nice to have a challenging game.

But on a more serious note. I have to voice my opinion a problem that this league is having. There needs to be a little more preparation before game time done by home teams in this league. For instance, when we played GEU last week and our lights didn't work. That should have been figured out before the game. And then today, when we drive for just over an hour to get out to Tsawwassen, and find out that the ref isn't coming, and that we're just going to play a "FRIENDLY?!?!?!" What a f***in waste of my time and gas to go all the way out there for nothing. This is a joke, I mean I know that we're in third div, but still. It would be nice to know that ahead of time so we could save a trip and just stay home. Sorry guys, just had to vent. Hope everyone else's games went alright.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 1 - GEU 0

Our streak continues with an impressive win today, no problems with the fields and I totally would be po'd too Storm. We scored 3 min into the game and the goalie made a great save about 5 min in, then after dominating for the first 15 the took it to us for the rest of half, although only had one breakaway to show for it. Second half completley dominated by us, the had one corner and that was it for their offense. Very slow backline when our out-of-shape players are running around them. I sound like a broken record but we have to start finishing our chances otherwise we're in for a long game against Abby. GEU should spend more time playing and less whining and they'd probably get out of D3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0