Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurreyStormShutDown

May 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I worked late in the Newton area and decided to watch a game as I normally do.. I saw the div three game involving the Surrey Storm and Cloverdale FC. This game was everything that is wrong with Canadian soccer. I am an old man that has experience of semi pro and higher levels of football in England. Cloverldale are a young fast skilled team, where as Surrey Strom are an older slower team that has a couple of decent players. Cloverdale had numerous chance of which they should have scored but the ref completely lost control of the game. The young Cloverdale team was kicked,pushed and threatened throughout the second half until the ref had abandoned the game after the Storm had a player sent off then pushed a player to the floor behind the play. I heard that Cloverdale was a team towards the top of the Division, this team looked a higher level than its opponents. The ref of this game should not be able to do so at this level.

Game was abandoned at the 86th minute tied 0-0. I agree that the ref did not take control of this game and the final 10 minutes leading up to the abandonment was a disgrace. The send of was due to the mouth of our player on a poor call by the ref from my point of view directly behind the play. The two players were shoulder to shoulder with an arm on each other for about 5 yards. Our guy has a black eye from the play. Call could have gone either way but the ref decided to give our guy a yellow, which set him off. Cloverdale had one player (#15) that found himself on the ground countless times that may or may not have been legitament. When you have someone that appears to be taking a dive it can be quite frustrating. I was ran down from behind a couple of times while shielding the ball with no call. Taking Cloverdale's frustration for not finding the back of the net, diving and a ref that was not making calls, this turns quite sour. The final play which set the scrum was #15 making a run and cutting back only to find our player planted in a pick position, which then dropped the skirt wearer and on came #23 Cloverdale looking to fight someone as our guy backed away with his hands by his side.

The ref should have taken control of this game properly. We did not set foot on the field with any intent to hack as this was a team we have beaten and could have beaten again.

SurreyStormShutDown

May 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
As it stands, 0-0 tie on FVSL. No note of abandonement. 1 red and 1 yellow both to our player for the arm on arm play and mouth off.

Quotes of the game

StormPlayer after being run down from behind: "Ref you need to take control of this before it gets ugly"
Ref: "You let me do my job" translation "where am I and what do i do with this whistle?"

Ref: "Don't say another word"
StormPlayer: "F*** you, Ref, F*** you"

StormP: "get up and go wipe your vagina"
CloverdaleP: "i will gladly wipe my vagina from 1st place. I will wipe it all year long"

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CloverdaleP: "i will gladly wipe my vagina from 1st place. I will wipe it all year long"
Hahaha thats fakin great line!! But sucks the way that game ended...
As for Vault FC FML! Guilford2. Us 0!!!!!...
The league will be getting a report about the referee for this game, I have no problem admiting we got beat in a game when the team just deserves it. Clones beat us the week b4 and they deserved to win. As for guilford, they played well, but they had a nice 12th man on the pitch!! The referee i think was in his late 60's, east indian guy who may have had 2 strokes while running the pitch. At the start of the the game he said he refused to ever tell us how much time was left in the game because that is not his job. He did not leave the half circle more than twice unless it was for a set piece. Guilford scored their 1st goal in the 2nd half from a set piece outside the 18.. Their striker was about 10 yrds past everyone on our back line and yet no call from ref... We just stood in awe of how far offside it was and then he plotted it home on the cross in...
We had about 90% control in their half and we just couldnt find the net. We pulled off about 14 shots 6 of which blasted their players in the elbow of hands while in the 6yard box, meanwhile the ref was calling no stop from the half circle.
Then to finally put us away our defender went up for a ball in the air and one of their old men comes running up to our players and screams " My ball, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" like its a damn charge. Ref allowed this to go on and our defender backed off thinking it was his own teammate and they had a break away...
We burried our own graves this season and we couldnt find the net last night. Oh well... Another year of Div.3 will be fun...

SurreyStormShutDown

May 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our ref was old as well. 60's at least. i will give him credit he came within 15 yards of the 18 (That was 5-10 yards outside of the circle).

And i know the bleeding hearts will come back saying that it's hard for the refs, blah, blah, blah. The abuse of the refs doesn't start until after they are deemed useless. We had a decent chat and a laugh with ours before the game but once the whistle blew (and didn't after), it is a different story. I have a lot of respect for refs and talk to them with respect. Some guys don't have that control but it shouldn't get to the point where a player feels he can get away with talking sh*t to a ref. This also comes from your youth coach and parents taking your ass to task if you did it as a child. THe man with the whistle runs the show, yelling at him won't change that, but they have to actually "run the show".

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, I have never gotten to point where I have yelled at a ref to get a card, but our game last night was outrageous. Their own players were laughing at their hand balls in their own box, and the ref was to outta breathe to blow his whistle. This guy must have been 65+, and he couldnt run properly, let alone even jog. I know its tough being a ref and they deal with a lot of shite, but cmon we all pay our league fees and train hard I dont wan't a guy that cant even run the full length of the field without having to stop half way to get his breathe. It was a shame!

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth is it seems like refs are damned if they do and damned if they don't nowadays. And are getting way too much abuse from the players. It may explain why they just don't take control of games sometimes.

Honestly, the league should mandate or send a memo to refs saying that if certain action occurs that's a yellow or a red. For example, the player that said to the ref "F### you, ref, F### you" That's not very subtle first off, and that should be at least a yellow, cause that is directed directly at the ref. It's not like saying "that call was total Siht ref" Your personal digging into the guy. Not until this year have i really seen guys getting away with that. Other times, he would usually give out a yellow card for just swearing in his direction.

Another idea would be create some ref supervisors to come out to some games to help out or just observe the quality of reffing. Otherwise refs are going to eventually throw their hands up and say it fcuk it and teams will say that the reffing was horrendous. A never ending cycle.

And

Classic :)
Could have had a lot of fun with that one. I.e. "So your admitting you have a vagina...." :) LOL

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't have to do any of that. Guys should go and ref a game or two and see what is like to be a ref. None of them would ever say anything after that.
Most of guys forget there is no AR's to help the ref out. Players boot the ball from the back line. Now how do you expect the guy to be there un less he flys. And how many forty yard sprints can he do in a game. Most of the guys do not have sence to think a bit. Players should be fined with out a card and it will stop fast. All of our refs have been very fare each game. I do not see the reason why some guys lose it in the game. Maybe beer tastes better after.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth is it seems like refs are damned if they do and damned if they don't nowadays. And are getting way too much abuse from the players. It may explain why they just don't take control of games sometimes.

Honestly, the league should mandate or send a memo to refs saying that if certain action occurs that's a yellow or a red. For example, the player that said to the ref "F### you, ref, F### you" That's not very subtle first off, and that should be at least a yellow, cause that is directed directly at the ref. It's not like saying "that call was total Siht ref" Your personal digging into the guy. Not until this year have i really seen guys getting away with that. Other times, he would usually give out a yellow card for just swearing in his direction.

Another idea would be create some ref supervisors to come out to some games to help out or just observe the quality of reffing. Otherwise refs are going to eventually throw their hands up and say it fcuk it and teams will say that the reffing was horrendous. A never ending cycle.

And

Classic :)
Could have had a lot of fun with that one. I.e. "So your admitting you have a vagina...." :) LOL
i dont know , ref supervisors , its div 3 mens soccer , seems a little over board

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still don't know if we will go up next year, there will be lots of room for promotion because at the top the three best premier teams are off to the new BC Premier League.
I hate to say it but the team may stay in div 3. Total lack of committment, more than 3 guys may go to over 35's. Yes we have about 5 players that are Div 1 players but we really should have a couple of losses this year because of lack of bodies. we'll see on to the much improved miners next week. I hear you have some scottsmen KH?
i know what your saying but if you accually take the div 2 spot you will attract new and better players , some players just dont make the div 1 cut but are way to good for div 3 , thats where you come in and pick em up , you got a good base to have a good div2 team just get rid of the non commited ones ,

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i know what your saying but if you accually take the div 2 spot you will attract new and better players , some players just dont make the div 1 cut but are way to good for div 3 , thats where you come in and pick em up , you got a good base to have a good div2 team just get rid of the non commited ones ,

Because Lee is sick of not winning the League:D

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, the league should mandate or send a memo to refs saying that if certain action occurs that's a yellow or a red. For example, the player that said to the ref "F### you, ref, F### you" That's not very subtle first off, and that should be at least a yellow, cause that is directed directly at the ref. It's not like saying "that call was total Siht ref" Your personal digging into the guy. Not until this year have i really seen guys getting away with that. Other times, he would usually give out a yellow card for just swearing in his direction
I agree with you there, 100%. i think a ref should be able to hand our yellows or red's if he is getting hastled. But I have never seen this ref b4 mate, and I dont know it just did not seem fair for him to be moving. I have never been so shocked and awed at the lack of mobility, this guy could not actually do his bare minimum of the job. But enough shite, we lost haha and we suck. Tough shite for us!

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont know , ref supervisors , its div 3 mens soccer , seems a little over board

No i'm not talking about just div.3, but something that can be applied to the whole league in every division. Which they can also swing by Div.3 occausionally. Cause it seems to be a problem at all levels. I mean there's even a thread that rates or judges the best and worst refs in the league on TTP. You have comments from teams and managers from every division.

I mean they (Ref supervisors) don't need to go to all games, just here and there for certain refs. Maybe the refs that get the most negative Referee reports for example or get the most hits on TTP. Think of it like quality control for refs.

SurreyStormShutDown

May 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
A supervisor or auditor would drop in at X amount of games over a weekend and report. This would help the league as they are currently relying on the ref and the 2 teams to report problems. Of course they are likely throwing those all out because one team cancels the other teams complaints and the ref will say "i did my best but these teams were out of control. It wasn't my fault". There needs to be a 4th party that is not involved to report on some of these games. They won't get them all but at least they will see some of what we see.

PMPI

Sep 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phoenix V Pacific this weekend should be a good game. I'm looking for a tie so neither of you move too far ahead in points.
Anyone know if we responsible for rescheduling the postponed games? Or does the league set them up at the end of the season? We were the away team on both. The 1st one against the Rockets the ref didn't show up and the 2nd one Gates turf flooded.

Hope the Renegades are ready for the PM hardwood this Saturday.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were the away team on both. The 1st one against the Rockets the ref didn't show up and the 2nd one Gates turf flooded.
Depending on if you need the points to be promoted, (for either team in the game) then ya you make them up either during cup run or after cup. If you and the other teams you have to face get knocked out early then usually you re-make a game while other teams are competing in cup. The league will contact both teams, but lotsa times its up to the managers to check if your home field or other teams home field is open, then both teams gotta agree to it.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phoenix V Pacific this weekend should be a good game. I'm looking for a tie so neither of you move too far ahead in points.
Anyone know if we responsible for rescheduling the postponed games? Or does the league set them up at the end of the season? We were the away team on both. The 1st one against the Rockets the ref didn't show up and the 2nd one Gates turf flooded.

Hope the Renegades are ready for the PM hardwood this Saturday.

Magpies vs Renegades will be a goog game to of the more skilled teams on a fast pitch. should be great.

As for Pacific vs The Phoenix I think Canuck boy will get his second hatrick in as many weeks and the Pacific will crush the Phoenix 5 or 6 zip. Phoenix are missing way to many players. JS with his injury Mike being kicked off the team and lee and a few other missing for a stag. they will just have 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0