Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Practised with the Phoenix last night as the Miners don't like to practise. it was good to get out for a run (my first practise of the year:eek::eek::eek:)

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed my friend

Your right. Refs are getting harder to find. I reffered youth soccer when I was in my teens. I was doing a U14 girls game and a girl was breaking in when another made an awesome slide tackle (ball first) and as a result took out the other. The girls dad (who got the ball taken away) went nuts. He threated to get a gun from his car and shoot me (honestly) saying he paid taxes for the parks and he had a right to be there and complain. (He was from Maple Ridge and the game was in Ladner so not sure of his point)...he eventually dropped his coat and came running after me with his fists up. Being 16 at the time I back tracked and tried to get away from the guy. Not one person on his sideline stopped him. Finally a parent from the other team got in the way right before he got to me. I abandoned the game. Wrote a long report but the board (who ever it was at the time) defended the guy saying he was a big supporter of youth soccer and hockey in the area and nothing happened to him. After that I quit. If there is no support of the refs from the leagues for this type of behavior then forget it. I had another friend reffing who got beat in the head with a corner flag. The perpatrator had a twin so they couldn't prove who did it. It's these type of things that deter those young refs from making the jump in their 20's and 30's to continue doing it. The FVSL seems to do a pretty good job with discipline but there still seems to be some yahoo's out there. People need to realize this is not the pro's where players are getting paid. Bottom line is we all have to get up the next day and go to a normal job, take care of our familes, etc...getting involved in this crap is pointless. The experience as a ref really changed me as a player cause I could see the other side of the coin. Sorry for the rant.......

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right. Refs are getting harder to find. I reffered youth soccer when I was in my teens. I was doing a U14 girls game and a girl was breaking in when another made an awesome slide tackle (ball first) and as a result took out the other. The girls dad (who got the ball taken away) went nuts. He threated to get a gun from his car and shoot me (honestly) saying he paid taxes for the parks and he had a right to be there and complain. (He was from Maple Ridge and the game was in Ladner so not sure of his point)...he eventually dropped his coat and came running after me with his fists up. Being 16 at the time I back tracked and tried to get away from the guy. Not one person on his sideline stopped him. Finally a parent from the other team got in the way right before he got to me. I abandoned the game. Wrote a long report but the board (who ever it was at the time) defended the guy saying he was a big supporter of youth soccer and hockey in the area and nothing happened to him. After that I quit. If there is no support of the refs from the leagues for this type of behavior then forget it. I had another friend reffing who got beat in the head with a corner flag. The perpatrator had a twin so they couldn't prove who did it. It's these type of things that deter those young refs from making the jump in their 20's and 30's to continue doing it. The FVSL seems to do a pretty good job with discipline but there still seems to be some yahoo's out there. People need to realize this is not the pro's where players are getting paid. Bottom line is we all have to get up the next day and go to a normal job, take care of our familes, etc...getting involved in this crap is pointless. The experience as a ref really changed me as a player cause I could see the other side of the coin. Sorry for the rant.......

Well said Impersonator. :bronco:

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you Storm well said Imp

Come on Hectors House - don't agree with me. Lets have some banter and insults on here. Its TTP after all.

Tell the whole world about your superstar scottish striker and how he is going to destroy The Phoenix on Saturday night !

:eek:

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
here here

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Hectors House - don't agree with me. Lets have some banter and insults on here. Its TTP after all.

Tell the whole world about your superstar scottish striker and how he is going to destroy The Phoenix on Saturday night !

:eek:

yer old and washed up:D how's that for banter. throw a freakin' strike;)

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
He doesn't and neither do I. it's bad enough we live in Maple Ridge I mean really farmville??? look out your door theres a cow shitting on your lawn:eek:

What you on about Hectors House ? No cows where I live just bears ? And one did shite on my lawn this summer.

Haven't seen any cows near your place either, just plenty of Hells Angels.

:knvb:

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like we get yet another canceled game with the way the weather is going...Any clones on TTP that can check out field conditions for us, or have update. Man it sucks playing grass games in BC over winter break, I love playing on a good grass pitch, but its just such poor drainage and it always gets canceled!

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yer old and washed up:D how's that for banter. throw a freakin' strike;)

Be careful. Thats an ageist remark you are making there Hector. Could report you to the BC court of human rights or whatever it is called.

Its not nice being old and grey !

Strike one, or was it a ball ?
:rolleyes:

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Coyotes 3-0 N.D. Sundowners. 1st goal was a nice volly from there striker, not much we could do about that. play was then tilted our way and we just didn't finnish in the final 3rd of the field. the last 2 goals were exactly how our season has gone. our defender falls down giving there forward a breakaway. 3rd goal was a blown defensive call and there player walked in and almost missed. Sad state of our team is when i play center defence and i led the team in shots today. what a fcuking season.

jimmy_jones scored on the first, he's on a div3 goal scoring streak... he didn't even bring cleats to the div1 game against the strikers...

sundowners maybe had one chance, but never really posed a threat; a lot of shots from 30-40 yards out and about 30-40 yards over / wide

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimmy_jones scored on the first, he's on a div3 goal scoring streak... he didn't even bring cleats to the div1 game against the strikers...

sundowners maybe had one chance, but never really posed a threat; a lot of shots from 30-40 yards out and about 30-40 yards over / wide
wow what a late reply....its almost time for this week's game.....i forgot my boots!!!..on another note how are the pylons? mr base, you played them last, how are they, strengths, weaknesses?....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
jj,

They had a red card parade last week and look like they are missing their normal keeper and one of their best or better CMF'ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0