Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wanna say that I'm impressed with Port Moody Magpies coming from the bottom of the pack to fourth place at seasons half. Well played!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magpies aren't that bad of a side. they did have a really good center mid that left to play Port Moody Premier a few years ago.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
After we played them early in the season someone on our team said "watch they are not going to be at the bottom for long." Good to see they didn't give up after a rough start

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah, i really dont understand how we managed to lose to chehalis after seeing some of their recent results..

magpies are a solid team, our first game against them was close and i was shocked to see them at the bottom of the standings 4 or 5 games into it.

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i had the magpies finishing 2nd behind sentinel at the start of the season...but now i think it well end up sentinel then lufc!!!

mmeh

Sep 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont really reply to things on here but thought i should since theres some magpie support. Thanks first off, its been a little tough getting ppl out as you saw with our first couple games, the loss to the Tigers was definitely epic in disappointment, we thought we were gonna recover then we run into the juggernaut that is Sentinel.

Also I dont think we lost a player to pomo premier, you may be thinking about the Lions....we were hella good a couple years back (losing in the semis of the knights cup), but then our goalie went to ACBC and my best striker went to the div 1 gunners

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
young guns can still tie sentinel on points if they beat em the next match but the goal difference is impossible to come back from

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont really reply to things on here but thought i should since theres some magpie support. Thanks first off, its been a little tough getting ppl out as you saw with our first couple games, the loss to the Tigers was definitely epic in disappointment, we thought we were gonna recover then we run into the juggernaut that is Sentinel.

Also I dont think we lost a player to pomo premier, you may be thinking about the Lions....we were hella good a couple years back (losing in the semis of the knights cup), but then our goalie went to ACBC and my best striker went to the div 1 gunners

You're right I think it was the Gunners not the Fury. my bad.

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
young guns can still tie sentinel on points if they beat em the next match but the goal difference is impossible to come back from

At the end of the day how you do against sentinel is really a moot point given that the top 2 teams go up to div. 2 and that will be you guys and sentinel. But then again, I guess it's always nice to go up as a champion.

On the other end of the scale, I think that the league should implement a rule that the players signed to the 2 teams that finish bottom of div. 3 (since there is no div. 4 to be relegated to) should be banned from the league for one year on the grounds of stinking up the league. Maybe then some teams (not to any names) would start playing with some intensity instead of sleep-walking through games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0