Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions September 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just talking to Kevin and mentioned to him we are dieing to get you guys in the draw for the first round of the Cup...

Seriously, I can't think of a team that hang with our stuff at the moment (I mean in our division and neighborhood, I am under no delusions that a div 1 team or premier team would lose to us...) Even when we played you guys in our tourney we weren;t close to as good as we are now, and deep as we are now... with only two of our 4 strikers featuring in games so far the two of them have racked up 7 and 3 goals respectively in two games...the other two are former prem/div 1 guys...scary...

still need to sort out the back, that is our only work in progress at the moment.

Thank god for Housearrest, Adam, and Oggie, our keepers have been amazing since pre season.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just talking to Kevin and mentioned to him we are dieing to get you guys in the draw for the first round of the Cup...

Seriously, I can't think of a team that hang with our stuff at the moment (I mean in our division and neighborhood, I am under no delusions that a div 1 team or premier team would lose to us...) Even when we played you guys in our tourney we weren;t close to as good as we are now, and deep as we are now... with only two of our 4 strikers featuring in games so far the two of them have racked up 7 and 3 goals respectively in two games...the other two are former prem/div 1 guys...scary...

still need to sort out the back, that is our only work in progress at the moment.

Thank god for Housearrest, Adam, and Oggie, our keepers have been amazing since pre season.

It would be very unlikely as 60 teams are in the draw but it would definitely be a great game. Hopefully you'll find some competition in your group, otherwise it's hard to make the step up for cup after playing such easy games, ask Abby from last year about that. The back will sort itself out (at least I hope ours will), and we'll definitely have to get a Christmas break game going.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey you 2,,Dont forget about us,,we want in on your little battle for sure....
Thats our new team of coarse.
I have field times avalable,turf Bby 8rinks...Wednesday night now right through xmas and our home pitch I have right through the xmas break as well Byrne turf.
Cheers

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How could we forget about you Rich ;)
Once season is rolling and I have 9 guys on the bench every game we can look at mid week friendlys.
Definately need to play through the break at xmas though, don;t want to do what everyone does and come out of the break looking festively plump.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Xmas is good for us as well,,I have lots of field times then.
Cheers again..
Ps we want to play Whally too,,Hey Lets start an Xmas tourney,,A quick easy single knock out cup thing for fun and Ill get a trophy...
The Freeze Cup or something to that,,,,
LOL

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How could we forget about you Rich ;)
Once season is rolling and I have 9 guys on the bench every game we can look at mid week friendlys.
Definately need to play through the break at xmas though, don;t want to do what everyone does and come out of the break looking festively plump.

Plump and without any soccer touch. Hopefully the weather will be better, we went 2 months without anything into our cup game. We'll take as many games as we can get Rich.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya, i wouldn't mind getting in on some tougher games against the Strikers and ACBC. Can use it as a good measure as to what we need to work on before cup games come around. Like IS21 said, too many easy games going into the cup can hurt you severely cause you never know what to expect going into the cup.

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Xmas is good for us as well,,I have lots of field times then.
Cheers again..
Ps we want to play Whally too,,Hey Lets start an Xmas tourney,,A quick easy single knock out cup thing for fun and Ill get a trophy...
The Freeze Cup or something to that,,,,
LOL

sounds good poco pacific are in too!

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha, good point, especially if it's like last year where we went about 6 weeks between games, ouch!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry minor mistakes...
Turkey is great, but the stuffing depends on context, are you stuffing the turkey? what are you stuffing it with? are you stuffing yourself with turkey and stuffing?

And is freezing your nuts off really better than stuffing turkey? Again, I guess it depends on context:rolleyes:

What do you think about adding frozen walnuts or pecans to said stuffing?:p

And are we plump because of lack of football and turkey? or because of the fast food & nintendo epidemic???:eek: are our parents to blame?:mad:

As long as we can agree that round is still a shape ;)

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads 4 - 0 Poco Pacific

Tale of two halfs really. We scored what I guess can be described as a lucky goal, ball took a luck bounce but tehre was still some skill in the delivery. Took a 1-0 lead into the half.

We remembered how to play in the second half and played much more controled on the ground footy. Ryan Canavor scored a rediculous free kick from 20 yards out, to bring his tally for the year to 8.

I think the ref was watching a different game, there were calls both ways, er lack of calls both ways, that left us scratching our heads.

good blue collar effort by Poco, they seemed to get in front of every shot we took.

Except the one I sailed though the goalies hands off the cross bar, with my whole team yelling at me not to shoot....thanks for the support boys! ;)
KJ

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, it was a wierd game....a lot closer than the score tells.

Poco played a pretty tight game in the back....they had to have blocked at least 25 shots that game, and were unlucky on a few opportunities while it was still 1-0.....one cross that I dove to tip enough to make their forward miss the net, then the other on a nice back heel for a breakaway that I challenged enough to make them hit the post. After that we woke up and blew the game right open.

But, when at the end of it all, I got my uncle just like I predicted! First of the season out of the way, many more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0