Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div1] MOTW - Week 13

MOTW - Week 13

• North Delta FC v Port Moody Gunners

Votes: 14 53.8%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 3 11.5%

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figured I would start it....as seeing ACBC drop points has given everyone life again....and top spot is up for grabs again.

MOTW

Easy...

Vote above.

Dewdney Razorbacks Langley Dynamo Pitt Meadows Ath #1 Sat 2.15pm
Aldergrove Warriors TWU Titans Sth Aldergrove Central Sat 2.15pm
Surrey Sporting FC Chilliwack Rapids Cloverdale TURF Sun 8pm
Whalley Utd GEU Cobras Newton TURF Sat 8pm
Tsawwassen Royals Athletic Club BC Winskill TURF Fri 9pm
Poco City Reserves Langley Athletic Gates TURF Fri 9pm
North Delta FC Port Moody Gunners Mackie TURF Fri 9pm
Aldergrove Utd Peace Arch Utd Parkside Sun 12 Noon
Coquitlam MF Arsenal Dewdney Coachmen Charles Best TURF Sun 8pm
Delta Metro Utd SFC Rangers FF John Oliver park Fri 7.30pm

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: MOTW - Week 13

NDFC looking for 3 points this week, we just signed 3 whitecaps and should have the edge.

~surrey sporting~

BROWN ALE

Jan 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

No Brainer should be a good one i expect it to be a close battle. It can go long way in deciding whos gonna top the table come march. I believe it is a four horse race. ND sound at the back and have suprised teams a good side. PM best team we played all season great from front to back. PM slight favs but i fancy a home win here ND 1-0 ND to score early and lock it down.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

i voted for our game as well nd vs pomo...should be good hopefully the snow dosent stick for too long..im still a bit on the edge if ill be back and ready to go by fri.....out

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Delta,,I hate to call in another favor. But my guys are crappin the bed again.
Hookers and Blow to Delta for a win.
Tsawwassen will be a fun late cold mittens game. Not sure what to exspect.
Hope my guys show up. Still pissed at last weeks turn out. Cant believe we were in first and playing for promotion and 10-11-10 guys turn out. (with 5 call ups.) What a joke. Made some calls and I have a few guys comin from collage to lend a hand. Hope they get back soon. When do US collage guys finnish,Probably January eh.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Delta,,I hate to call in another favor. But my guys are crappin the bed again.
Hookers and Blow to Delta for a win.
Tsawwassen will be a fun late cold mittens game. Not sure what to exspect.
Hope my guys show up. Still pissed at last weeks turn out. Cant believe we were in first and playing for promotion and 10-11-10 guys turn out. (with 5 call ups.) What a joke. Made some calls and I have a few guys comin from collage to lend a hand. Hope they get back soon. When do US collage guys finnish,Probably January eh.

yea around that time i do belive...i wonder which one your after as i know a few very good ones down there playing right now..is one a striker....? remember you need defenders..lol....pretty sad you couldnt get your boys out...i guess you just cant teach heart......out

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised nobody has rejuvenated the "See what happens when you spoil kids" debate w/ Ghouse.

Pretty bad to have so many no-shows, especially in the middle of a drive for promotion. Ghouse- you definitely have a very talented group, but I will say one thing about many of the older players and teams in this division who have been there, done that accountability to the team and each other is not a problem. And, that my friend has as much to do with what is inside your chest as it does between the ears.

We hear it on the pitch all the time when playing these young teams..."You're too old". It’s a burn that gets, erm, old. The “old guys” they are yapping to are typically guys who have young families and pretty successful professional lives. Weather they are a busy contractor, chiropractor, restaurateur, whatever…the reason why they are successful outside the game is because they are accountable to themselves, their employers, their staff, their clients, and work hard. These are the guys who are going to be there at most sessions (and notify if they have to miss), arrive at the park an hour ahead, and typically take it easy w/ the booze on the night before a game.

There are so many very good young players that drop out of the game a year or two in to playing senior mens football, then when they try to get back into the game at age 25, they’ve gained 30 or 40 pounds, and are a shadow of their former playing selves. These guys are typically burned out dope heads, single, no education, no life experience, working a crappy job, and looking for something else. Wow, I wonder why they’ve packed it on and kissed everything they had away. Could it be that they don’t have successful work habits or pride in what they do?

Then you see results like Coachmen upsetting Port Moody, and wonder how it can happen. These guys might be old, but they’ve been around the game a long time for a reason. It’s about what is in the chest sometimes, not pure talent and ability.

No disrespect to NDFC- because this is a good group of guys who play for “the name on the front, not on the back”, and work their asses off- but it you guys (ACBC) find a way to bottle this season because your guys don’t play for the name on the front, and NDFC somehow hang in long enough for ACBC to screw the pooch, and sneak into the promotion playoff ahead of you, it will be a crying shame. I want the Premier division to have the best talent up there, but that talent has to earn its way…NDFC doesn’t have a fraction of ACBC’s talent, but they have a solid group of young guys with good heads on their shoulders, and a clear commitment to each other. I wouldn’t be surprised if NDFC pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts